What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

serrations in da OHz...
View attachment 18822112

also one of my other fav plants.... it's from Golli's OHz ... have two in total... growing also very special and have some leave mutations... in late flower she has also the smallest leaf's ... 16-18 weeks...
View attachment 18822113

the other pheno
View attachment 18822114

and here the curled leaf's ... some other OHz have this too ...
View attachment 18822115 View attachment 18822116

and another one typical colombian like CGold 70
View attachment 18822117

to me those serrations are in the genetics... found it also in other landraces ...
best
M.:smoker:

This is your OH F1, or your Seedsman repro grown by Elanius.
He thought the curly leafes are a virus.
And that they were present in both, your and my OH lines.

I have had it only in 2 out of 100 plants in my recent open pollination.
macsoh.jpeg

While this I have found in SamS OH, and looks like the serrations Todd did show too.
samoht.jpg

This too in the same seeds. Does no need comment I do believe.....
samsohv2.jpg

Airloom

Veteran
Here's a bud shot of my Sour Thai Nevil seed plant about a week ago. It reminds me a lot of the "Freaky Thai Pheno" I got of CBG Destroyer a few years back. It has the same sweet lemon citrus aroma and same clear high in early testing. The early bud I sampled was super sticky to handle. Not quite Grinspoon but pretty close. This was at 88 days since flip. I'm planning on chopping her in the next few days, which will end up being 14 weeks or so.

full
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user

View attachment 18822178

While this I have found in SamS OH, and looks like the serrations Todd did show too.
View attachment 18822179

View attachment 18822180
All this curled leafs,varigiation and other traits I had found in Jack Herer by Sensi...Exodus Cheese also had this traits.
Anyway nice plants.

Airloom

Veteran
serrations in da OHz...
View attachment 18822112

also one of my other fav plants.... it's from Golli's OHz ... have two in total... growing also very special and have some leave mutations... in late flower she has also the smallest leaf's ... 16-18 weeks...
View attachment 18822113

the other pheno
View attachment 18822114

and here the curled leaf's ... some other OHz have this too ...
View attachment 18822115 View attachment 18822116

and another one typical colombian like CGold 70
View attachment 18822117

to me those serrations are in the genetics... found it also in other landraces ...
best
M.:smoker:
Another cut/paste for the rookie
Thanks @MadMac

elanius

Veteran

omg dude, that is not what I think. You, back again with the misinformation, trying to bring some drama back in the haze discussion? Been few days without it already huh?

I never said the curly leafs are virus. I was asking you, years ago, in our previous conversation, if you are familiar with mosaic patterns on leafs in OHaze and said Im not sure what it is. I know now, that it is simply a variegation because I have tested it. Why do you even feel the need to bring this up?

Pretty annoying for me to come here with need to clear up your bs again.

Can you put me on ignore list or something, so you dont have the need to react when you see my messages?
Would be great.

This is the related quote so again, get your facts straight if you are going to paraphrase me.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 143212.png

This is mosaic pattern I referred to.
picture (1).jpg

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
omg dude, that is not what I think. You, back again with the misinformation, trying to bring some drama back in the haze discussion? Been few days without it already huh?

I never said the curly leafs are virus. I was asking you, in our previous conversation, if you are familiar with mosaic patterns on leafs in OHaze and said Im not sure what it is. I know now, that it is simply a variegation because I have tested it.

Can you put me on ignore list or something, so you dont have the need to react when you see my messages?
Would be great.

View attachment 18822188

This is mosaic pattern I reffered to.
View attachment 18822190
I have this on my recent White Widow grow even veg plant have it...but not on all leafs.
Screenshot_20230322-150150-866.png

20230207_194831~2.jpg

Cerathule

View attachment 18822178

View attachment 18822179

View attachment 18822180
your last picture shows a fasciation that can have a number of causes

JohnnyChicago

I never said the curly leafs are virus. I was asking you, in our previous conversation, if you are familiar with mosaic patterns on leafs in OHaze and said Im not sure what it is. I know now, that it is simply a variegation because I have tested it.

Would be great.

This is the related quote so again, get your facts straight if you are going to paraphrase me.
View attachment 18822193

View attachment 18822190

@CosmicGiggle @Gypsy Nirvana when will you give this guy a break for posting extracts of PM's out of context only for his ego and to discredit your members?

@elanius it's you who is making drama for your shitty ego and your seeds games.
I was speaking with madmac, and reported what you did report to me.

You even wrote Sams was not interested in your variegations, deformations and viruses .... etc.
pmsssss.jpg

JohnnyChicago

your last picture shows a fasciation that can have a number of causes

That fasciated OH plant is also triploid, that the many other fasciated Original Haze plants we are finding since 2015 were not. May be an interesting information for Sam, but also for MadMac, that's why I am posting it!

Here when she was younger....
samsoh1.jpg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present

I never said the curly leafs are virus. I was asking you, years ago, in our previous conversation, if you are familiar with mosaic patterns on leafs in OHaze and said Im not sure what it is. I know now, that it is simply a variegation because I have tested it. Why do you even feel the need to bring this up?

Would be great.

View attachment 18822193

View attachment 18822190
Either virus or Variegation - could be both

Raho

Veteran
keep it civil guys, let's not sully the thread with any unnecessary drama, Tnx!
OK, the UNNECESSARY drama should be squelched fellers. Post haste!
Think of the HAZE :unsure:

:sneaky: Of course, regular ol' run-a-the-mill drama . . . or . . . absolutely ESSENTIAL drama? Full steam ahead.

I have to admit that I don't like watching people who got seeds from him messing with Johnny.
Everybody knows that his stuff is the fire.
That includes people that got gear from MM.
How many of the people trolling him have a new "favorite cut/jar/seed" because of Johnny's generosity?
I just don't get it.

Then there's the multi-lingual thing which some just blow off as nothing.
There's a lot of extra work involved and the potential for misunderstanding is big.

Obviously some slights have been felt, maybe on both sides.
Seems like the kind of thing that would just disappear instantly if 2 humans met face to face with doobies.
Sad to see it continue.

led05

Chasing The Present
Yeah (I'm smiling now bro :pimp3: )
Seems reasonable to include it (virus) as a possibility because of all the verified TMV cases in cannabis over the last 20 years.
Has anyone actually ever seen one?

“When you hear hoof beats, think of horses, not zebras.” – Chloe Benjamin

I wish I had a cute quote for ya but not the time to search… at least I made ya smile

I was unaware Virus was fully accounted for by only TMV (or that I mentioned TMV at all); for those of us who grow thousands of plants across numerous species every year it’s often easier for us to know what we’re looking at vs taking someone else’s words for it or another living vicariously from internet lore…

So Mr Variegation is it Inherited or Chimeric?

Peace

elanius

Veteran
Yeah, 3 years ago when the hop latent viroid outburst was all over our part of Europe and dispensaries in Vienna were shutting down and rehabilitating mothers via tissue culture, I was careful about mosaic virus patterns on plants I was growing, even curious of opinion of Sam Skunkman thats true. His reply was "where did you get OH seeds" thats it lol.
Later I came to conclusion by myself and do not longer doubt the variegation I see here and there, on my Haze plants.

But it makes perfect sense to say now, after 3 years from that discussion, that I think leaf curl is virus and report it to MadMac, such quality information was delivered here, for sure helpful to everyone.

And lets turn it against me as well, Im trying to clarify it just for my seed games :LOL: and ego!

This was truly something, just the Haze threads being hazy I guess. Eventually I can only laugh about it.

Raho

Veteran
I wish I had a cute quote for ya but not the time to search… at least I made ya smile

I was unaware Virus was fully accounted for by only TMV (or that I mentioned TMV at all); for those of us who grow thousands of plants across numerous species every year it’s often easier for us to know what we’re looking at vs taking someone else’s words for it or another living vicariously from internet lore…

So Mr Variegation is it Inherited or Chimeric?

Peace
You DID make me smile brother, thank you :tiphat:

Variegation trait origin? Not gonna look it up.
50/50 shot . . . going with inherited :)
Tails never fails right?

Just trying to be funny on that one.

TMV panic was like looking for witches in Salem in the 1600's when the Chem D cut (and her hybrids) started making it out into circulation.
Everybody was sure. It's TMV. Nobody got it tested.
The arguments were heated . . . personal.
Absurd.

Occasionally someone would actually test it, it would come back negative and variegation would be pronounced "Winner!" and we ALL won, because the arguments were settled.
. . . for the approximately 2 millisecond memory span of the cannabis internet.
And then it would be back again with a gusto. Like Rick Ross.

I understand we are surrounded by countless viruses in the plant world, and am not suggesting it's impossible. Just very very unlikely.

If you didn't like the zebra, we could just call it Occam's Strange Vegetation Razor.