What's new

Question about mold.............zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sleepy

Veteran
hello,
i hung 'em up until stems "snapped" went to put into jars today, and noticed some mold on the inside parts of the larger buds. ARGHHH!

can these buds be salvaged? should i cut the rest of them apart to check for mold or whatever this stuff is? kind of looks like cotton candy. i was doing all i could to prevent this, too (i thought). 50% humidity, dried until stems snapped, never watered in P.M. man , i'm bummed!

any advice?? :confused:

My advice: Cut everything you find mold in out. Break the rest up and dry it further...lots of circulation, dark.......warm but not too warm....it's time to salvage what's left.

Mold spores are not good to inhale. The only thing the moldy flowers will be good for is extraction. I wouldn't even try ice hash because of the mold.

I regret to have to tell you the bad news....maybe someone knows something I don't and can save your day bro.

Sleepy

Veteran
oh well, thats pretty much what i thought...

i'll be butchering buds for the rest of the night.

thanks for the reply.

what should i do to prevent this in the future??

-sleepy

Sleepy

Veteran
Good news

Good news

There was less mold than i thought...

Cut the plant apart checking for mold and only found it on one bud...

Keeping my eye on the rest while it dries.

:friends:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
wake up sleepy

ok, that is good news. how long did you let it dry befor placing it in jars??I lost about 2 oz a while back to mold. I never saw any but I could smell it.

I noticed that you live with Spongebob. Hows that workin out??

Sleepy

Veteran
Cough cough eer...10 days hangin to dry. stems made the "snap".
i noticed this cutting the big bud to fit it in the jar.
thanks for checking in!! :wave:

G

Was it really mold or was it bud rot? Strains with large buds may get a little rot where the bud meets the stem due to a lack of air circulation.

Sleepy

Veteran
Hi Spankin' E', i don't know...like i said, it looked like cotton candy. not much of it, though. no brown or necrosis anywhere. :confused:

i'm still wtching the rest of the drying/ curing buds just in case. also have cleaned the room.

i do have a fan going, but i'm still at a loss on the cause. soil too wet? maybe?

still learning, happily!! :yummy:

G

That cotton candy lookin stuff is botrytis cinerea aka grey mold it probally attacked the bud while growing and got worse as you were drying..id cut all big buds from there stems to be sure no more have it before your final seal up in the jars...if one has it its likley more have it to... hope not ..

take care
greenfriend

Sleepy

Veteran
thanks, greenfriend.

i picked everything apart and let it dry, only lost 2 small buds...

i also found 5 nice seeds! i really liked this plant, so al in all, i'm very happy.

G

Excellent friend. glad thats all you lost..it can ravage a grow quick..

take care
greenfriend

immortal

damn mold sucks. Let me just pray it doesnt happen to me on my first Bogglegum harvest. Best of luck to you sleepy

B

Bazarocka

Sleepy, ya might wanna add a fan or two, Humidity and Venting r two major factors 2 be dealt with. just my 2 cents..................c yaa

badmf

Other than using Serenade "before" it occurs, when dying very dense or thick buds and you've had mold problems in the past, snip them from the stems and dry on a screen to get more air circulation, use a small indirect fan. With accecptable temps/humidity levels. We've all been there!

Latest posts

Latest posts