What's new

Question about landrace mazar-i-sharif

thechurch

Hello,

I live in the north of Holland at aprox. 55N Now i am very interested in mazar-i-sharif that originates from 36N. I want to grow it outdoor in Holland.

Does anybody know if this is possible? In te region of origin they mature around oktober/november depending on phenotype.

I started comparing daylight times and concluded that days get shorter earlyer in the region of origin. (compared dutch time with Kandahar Afghanistan)

I hope it is possible because she is a short flowerer 6 - 8 weeks.

dogscot

I think it should be alright. If it's such a short flowerer then I don't see why not. You guys grow plenty of other plants outdoors over there in holland as far as I know. Theres no reason you can't grow mazar-i-sharif.

thechurch

Thanks for your reply docshot! I am afraid it finishes to late because when days get shorter later here, i reason it starts blooming later? Dont know how this works out.

E

elmanito

Mazar i Shariff is not suitable for the Netherlands because of the high humidity.This strain could give problems with moulds and of course it flowers late.Probably it will start to flower in September till November and most of the time it is raining and the plant will rot.

You can grow this strain outside for cuttings and let it flower inside.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

G

good drown

im growing 2 out now indoor, was 3 but 1 was a male. damn fast flowerer. it flowered before most of my other strains, which were all vegged 2 weeks longer. i have 1 about to chop at 8 weeks, letting the other go longer. i have to suggest you getting 20 seeds, then keeping the best pheno. between my 2 females, i had 1 shorter, more resin coated plant. downside was way more leaf than bud. the other was about 6" taller, big cola, and huge surrounding buds, less leaf, but way less trics. i will guess it has at least 2x more bud. its at 8 weeks now, ill let it go to about 9 weeks, but it looks way ready.
if it rains alot may not be a good strain as buds are very very dense and will mold if given the chance.

THC123

Veteran
i have grown mazar outdoors , the dutch passion version , it was done by 20 october and i had lost a LOT to mold cuz of the bud density.

So in a greenhouse it IS doable with minor mold , outdoors i wouldn't bother

thechurch

Thanx for the info everybody,

Maybe someone can help me out. Is there one or more species of 100% landrace indica out there the starts flowering early in Holland, in finishes fast too?

Also i am looking for one ore more 100% landrace sativa(s), that meets the same specifications!

@elmanito, WF?

Latest posts

Latest posts