What's new

Q's about moving Malawi Gold outdoors

RubbaDub

I've got a malawi gold clone that's not very happy inside. She's been flowering under 12/12 for about 5 weeks, but she seems much sicklier than her parent. Would it freak her out if I put her outside with 12.5 hours of sunlight? I can probably wait until the equinox, which is just a couple of weeks away, but I'm anxious because she's really not enjoying my basement.

I also have a question about finishing. If I were to put her outside after 5 weeks of flowering inside, will she still finish in the same amount of time as if I had started her outdoors? It will be a challenge to get her to finish outside in northern oregon, but I think that it can be done.

Easygrowing

Veteran
How can you have prob with those strain,im just thinking..growing those many times,one of those best for cloning for me,it,s works everytimes and fast.7-9 days lots of roots good strength against PM and Mold..doing them indoor but veg out on 56 Latitude.
Just woundering.
Good luck anyways

RubbaDub

It's exactly PM that it's suffering from. The other plants in the flower room are fine. It's strange, because her mother went through all sorts of abuse and was very resilient. I hope there's not something bad in the soil.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Okay. not the best for English sorry.But if you have one plant there is hit by PM and others there is healthy,i would not have those plants togehter at all,it,s spreading around like hell and clones you ect take,s from one with PM will also get this.Think i would throuw her out and be happy for the good instead.Take away all sick leafs and keep and eye on here,if you keep here.
All i can say and good luck and harvest-then times comes . )

RubbaDub

I took her outside yesterday. I noticed that the PM had spread to a couple of other plants, so hopefully it wasn't too late.

I gave the problem some thought over the weekend, and I think I need to improve air circulation. The MG was in a spot that was barely getting any airflow. I put some small fans in place last night and will get some bigger ones when I get paid this week.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Just rememeber then you putting circulation on,you will spread those PM around..take away all sicks leafs first and look after on rest of the plant-mabye you can give them a shower ? i take mines under the shower,if not to be big and gives them a bit hot water..they can take it shortly-and not to hot of course.

VanVulpen

Veteran
The Malawis are very photosensitive in my experience; indoor, after 12 weeks of 11/13 i switched to 12/12 and she just started to reflower for another 6 weeks when i had to cut her down immature... The flowering time is very long with the Malawis, right now i have a few seedlings from the Holy Smoke wich i will move inside the flowering tent next week... I have already tried Afropips and Seedsman and found them to be extremely similar in terms of growth pattern, flavour and type of high... i hope you don't mind a few pics...

Best of luck in saving that clone of yours, have you grown it before? Is she anything special?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've got a few malawi lines in my seedsafe but have only grown out seedmans as it is from original african seeds seed stock before they dissapeared from the web and i was lucky to find an adove average yielding high potency fem from only 30 seeds(13 fems) and luckily enough i cloned most of the better fems but this 1 fem stuck right out and she was then pollenated by my tried and trusted chronic male to create malonica which is 1 of my favourite smokes when i get around to growing em out once in a blue moon as i've always got something else on the go.(so many seeds to test not enought time or space to do it as fast as i'd like)

They should be fine being put outdoors as the light times are not to far of 12/12 anyway.

Easygrowing

Veteran
The Malawis are very photosensitive in my experience; indoor, after 12 weeks of 11/13 i switched to 12/12 and she just started to reflower for another 6 weeks when i had to cut her down immature... The flowering time is very long with the Malawis, right now i have a few seedlings from the Holy Smoke wich i will move inside the flowering tent next week... I have already tried Afropips and Seedsman and found them to be extremely similar in terms of growth pattern, flavour and type of high... i hope you don't mind a few pics...

Best of luck in saving that clone of yours, have you grown it before? Is she anything special?

She,s taste and smell very good and a good looking plant.
that,s special enough for me : ) easy to do clones on-have newer lost one.

RubbaDub

Thanks for the replies!

She seems to be doing just fine, so I think I made the right choice by moving her out. Here's a pic of her today, about 9 weeks in flowering.

IMG_2951.jpg

And a crappy close-up:

P3210014

The buds are tiny, but also potent!

Van Vulpen - thanks for sharing your pix! She was one of the two seeds to germinate from a pack of Seedsman Malawi Gold. The other is a Male that I keep hidden away in the veg chamber. Not sure if she's special as far as Malawi Gold goes, because she the only one I've smoked, but her smoke is stellar!

Easygrowing

Veteran
She seems to be doing just fine

That i can only agree-she is big RD !
brown hair-smoke soon you get-in your eays : )
Good one !

Latest posts

Latest posts