What's new

Pyramid Seeds Do-Si-Dos

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Well, in the Marijuana Strains section, I had made a post about how I won two packs of seeds, each containing 4. I won Mendocino Purple Kush x White Widow by Ripper Seeds, and Do-Si-Dos by Pyramid Seeds. I was unsure of what to plant first, and was considering doing two of each but eventually decided I'd do all 4 Do-Si-Dos, and then do my PKxWW grow which I'm looking forward to.

Today, I harvested the last two plants of the Sweet Cheese Auto from Sweet Seeds that didn't autoflower, and should have been done February 6th, but clearly that wasn't the case. Anyway, I'm never growing autoflowering plants again, a complete waste of time and low yield.

For this grow, I am using Bio-Bizz Light Mix as the soiless medium, and will use Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, and Plagron Green Sensation during the second half of flowering.

I plan on vegging these for 3-5 weeks.

The following image is my germination method. I have always had 100% success with this method, except for one time with Dinafem's California Hash Plant, in which none of the seeds germinated, so I don't blame my method, I blame the seeds.

In my experience, these will sprout within 3-5 days, in which I will follow up this post with a "Day 1" post of the seedlings.

As far as Pyramid Seeds description of this Do-Si-Dos, they claim it's Girl Scout Cookies crossed with Face Off OG, so I guess we'll all see together how it turns out.

picture.php

Peace & Love,
Tetra

EDIT: These are under 400w MH for now, and when I switch to flowering I'll obviously switch to 400w HPS. I'm also considering constructing a small veg chamber for the purpose of clones, in the event I really enjoy this strain. Additionally that needs to be done as well, because in my next grow after this, it will be the limited edition release of PK x WW, so I'm sure I'll enjoy that and want to keep it around.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
So far, in 3 day, 3 have sprouted. I'm hoping the 4th will sprout by tomorrow. If so, 100% germination rate. I'll take pictures tomorrow. Right now I'm sure we've all seen recently emerged seedlings so it's nothing photo-worthy. I am however relieved that out of the 4, 3 sprouted within 72 hours, in fact one sprouted within 42 hours. So far, so good.

Peace & Love,
Tetra
:rasta:

P.S. Pictures tomorrow even if the 4th hasn't yet germinated.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I am happy to report that I experienced a 100% germination rate as I expected. One germinated within 48 hours, 3 were germinated in 72 hours, and now the 4th one (back right pot) is now emerging from the soiless medium, so I suppose tomorrow, the 23rd, I'll consider it Day 1 for all of them.

I will post pictures and updates at least weekly. So far I am pleased that I can at least trust Pyramid Seeds with a 100% germination rate, I was beginning to think it would only be 75% but as I said, with my method, it's usually between 3-5 days, so everything lined up as I had imagined. I'm really looking forward to seeing the true leaf pattern of this strain after it is through it's seedling stage, and is well into vegging.

The ammount of veg time I will give these plants really all depends on how they grow. I have never grown this strain before, nor have I grown any of the parents, or relatives. They will at least get a 3.5 week veg period at the bare minimum. If they need longer than a month, they will get longer than a month.

This is my personal medical grow, so while yield is important to me, it's not the most important thing, because I'm sure it will be enough to last me until my following grow which will be the Purple Kush x White Widow.

So, if the plants look ready to me in a month to veg, they will then be switched to 12/12 and HPS, and according to Pyramid Seeds, these should take 55-60 days, so being quaratined for 90 days is not a big deal to me, as long as I still have access to my other essential items, such as my medication, my finances, and food for my dog. I have enough food for myself as it is.

picture.php

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Well, as promised 7 days later. I suppose this is technically day 8. I personally don't find anything that interesting in seedlings, at least in terms of taking pictures, but at least they are doing healthy and I had a 100% germination rate. In the image, you can see the order in which the seeds germinated, clockwise starting from the bottom right. As I predicted, they all sprouted within my expected time frame of 3-5 days, however, one sprouted on day 2, and the latest was I believe day 4, but for the sake of the grow, etc... I am considering them all 8 days old, as that is when all 4 were actual seedlings with true leaves.

I find this phase in the plants life extremely boring, although it's obviously one of the most important stages in the plants life, as they are establishing their roots, etc... to prepare to grow into what we all know and love. I guess in these dark times, I am thankful for these seedlings either way as it gives me something to look forward to.

I am confident that next weeks update will be more aesthetically pleasing.

picture.php

Peace & Love,
Tetra
:rasta:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Sorry for the late update. With everything going on in the world, I've been stressed, as I'm sure all of us can relate to in some way, and forgot to take pictures and update the thread.

Anyway, about a week after my last posting, I aborted two of the Do-Si-Dos' because one just stopped growing after the first set of true leaves, and the other looked promising like the others, and then the same thing happened, so I replaced them with two Purple Kush x White Widow's which are also on Day 6 of Flower, but were only vegged for around 3 weeks, which I'll eventually get around to making another thread about.

Anyway, so far this strain has been the shortest strain I've ever grown, aside from dwarf autoflowering strains. My two remaining Do-Si-Dos are healthy and are starting their 15th node, yet the plants are still very short. One is about 8" and the other is about 10".

I just took these pictures at the end of Day 6 of flowering. I have two phenos. One is has thinner leaves and is much shorter, and has more of a lemony scent, while the other has thicker leaves, is taller and overall more robust, but has more of a sweet kushy scent. She has already started pre-flowering although I didn't take any pictures as I find it pointless.

I probably won't update this until there is some nice bud formation, so I'm assuming in about two weeks?

I do have one question though. I have never grown OG Kush, or Girl Scout Cookies, nor the cross (Do-Si-Dos). I also don't believe I've followed any OG Kush or GSC grow journals, especially from seed, so I'm curious to those experienced in said strains, does the leaf pattern of either of the two plants look how they should?

Thanks in advance, and first up is the robust pheno, and second is the thinner leaved and loud short pheno.

Peace & Love,
Tetra

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

That Dos looks like A bud on a stick SOG all day long.

I've only grown clones of the GSC and it needed support.

Can I ask what the brown bruise like marks are on the stem?

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Yeah, I didn't anticipate this stretch at all. Day 1 flower, they were less than 10". Vegged for about 5.5 weeks. Next time definitely going to be SOGing one and vegging it for much longer if I like the strain.

The bruises are from supercropping.

Cmoon

Boom, you could pack those gals in tight.:tiphat:

Been looking all year for a good go with this and im sure its in capable hands.

Doing a geleto cross last 6 month that looks like a twin in stature, mainlined a set of 15 about 2 eeks before bloom and the bitch was back up over night:biggrin:

cool runnings buddy, Cm

Latest posts

Latest posts