What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Satellite vs. Zacatecas Tribute

mntmn89

Hello,

I am looking into growing one of the two in the title, purple satellite or zacatecas tribute.

I normally grow outdoor in fabric pots, am very light with nutes/fertilizers, and have a yard that recieves about 2 hours of shade around 1:30-3:30pm in the middle of summer. I only have room to want to grow one of these plants.

Any experience growing these strains, and any tips on growing them outdoor?
Also, if you could give a brief smoke report on each one’s effects, that would be great!

Thanks All

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello,

I am looking into growing one of the two in the title, purple satellite or zacatecas tribute.

I normally grow outdoor in fabric pots, am very light with nutes/fertilizers, and have a yard that recieves about 2 hours of shade around 1:30-3:30pm in the middle of summer. I only have room to want to grow one of these plants.

Any experience growing these strains, and any tips on growing them outdoor?
Also, if you could give a brief smoke report on each one’s effects, that would be great!

Thanks All
Good question friend and thanks for the post. IF you can grow outdoors why not grow them in a raised bed instead of a of fabric pots? With only 2 hrs of shade, it may be hard to keep them from drying out too fast. Now would be a good time to work the soil for an outdoor grow.

mntmn89

Good question friend and thanks for the post. IF you can grow outdoors why not grow them in a raised bed instead of a of fabric pots? With only 2 hrs of shade, it may be hard to keep them from drying out too fast. Now would be a good time to work the soil for an outdoor grow.

Honestly, the pots were cheaper and have been easier as I occasionally move the plants out of the way when I have bbq’s and such. But I’ll think about the raised bed idea…

Thanks!

Legalcdn

I grew both indoor. Zacateca Tribute is a better choice from my experience. Purp Sat will throw some false pollen sacs from time to time. If you plant purp sat too early it will start flowering as it is a fast strain. It was not as potent, mild effects but i vape daily.
Things being equal, Ace bange haze was nice.
What lat/lon are you at?

mntmn89

Thanks for the info. How was the zacatecas effect? I’ve read varying reports on its effects but have heard only good things regardless. I am at 37N 120L, pretty mich center of California. Usually warm spring, hot mostly dry summers, mild and beautiful fall weather.

mntmn89

Any thoughts or experience on the Nepal Jam? That was one I was considering too but thought maybe the purple satellite would do better outdoor in my area so I didn’t ask on the NJ.

jroadytoady

@vermontman says the Purple Satellite will begin flowering at 15hours of light, so would recommend taking that into account.

I have seedlings of both started but haven't grown a full cycle yet so can't comment on which to choose...

Have you checked out this thread? Lots of tips/grows there...

mntmn89

@vermontman says the Purple Satellite will begin flowering at 15hours of light, so would recommend taking that into account.

I have seedlings of both started but haven't grown a full cycle yet so can't comment on which to choose...

Have you checked out this thread? Lots of tips/grows there...
Thanks @jroadytoady ! I have looked at that thread, but will now! Appreciate it!

mntmn89

Thanks @Legalcdn, most everything I have grown previously in my area has done really great.

I like the sound of that zacatecas effect…looking for a nice after work wind down while I listen to music and cook dinner kind of high. Also like varieties that can do fine on their own for a day or two as I tend to get on the road for work during summer months.

hamstring

Veteran
I grew both indoor. Zacateca Tribute is a better choice from my experience. Purp Sat will throw some false pollen sacs from time to time. If you plant purp sat too early it will start flowering as it is a fast strain. It was not as potent, mild effects but i vape daily.
Things being equal, Ace bange haze was nice.
What lat/lon are you at?
I 2nd the bangi haze. Finishes around 2-3 week of October.

Latest posts

Latest posts