What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Hmong

Veteran
@dubi do you know, what's up with these?
I had this PCK male, which sacks never opened but flew off in all directions when touched and old sacks just drying out.
put it outdoors, but it's still not doing anything there xD

PCK'13_#8_fd19_1.jpg

PCK'13_#8_fd19_4.jpg

PCK'13_#8_fd19_2.jpg

PCK'13_#8_fd19_3.jpg

in the bin^^
PCK'13_#8_fd19_5.jpg

Last edited:

squatty

Hmong, I often bring a male indoors just before it starts to drop pollen. I sit it in my bathtub near a window until the outdoor girls are ready. After a couple of weeks they often start doing the same as your male. In my case it seems to be related to the fact that the boys are not getting enough light.

Theorganicguy

@dubi do you know, what's up with these?
I had this PCM male, which sacks never opened but flew off in all directions when touched and old sacks just drying out.
put it outdoors, but it's still not doing anything there xD
This hit a bit too close to home. My PCK#9 has been doing almost the same thing. I usually bring a small branch inside and put it in a glass to safely collect pollen. Yeah. That didn't exactly work with PCK. He kept dropping all his sacks, dry to the bone. Outside, he managed to open them, but without success.
View media item 18704253View media item 18704254
#5 is doing great, though! Looks like she's going to yield quite good, too.
View media item 18704250
View media item 18704251
View media item 18704252
Pollinated by Helvetia Haze (Erdpurt x Green Haze)
View media item 18704256
:tiphat:

Hmong

Veteran
@squatty that's a nice technique! If you got too little light, ever thought about installing a desk lamp with a small horticulture LED bulb? (like 20W fullsprectrum)

I also ripe & harvest my pollen at the window, just cutting the tops, wrapping em in tinfoil and freshing em in water.
A few hrs of direct sunlight in the morning turned out to be plenty enough for mine to finish.

I assume this one is just a dud, as there was plenty of light in the growtent and it's the only one doing this.

squatty

My mutant phenos are looking much more like real plants. They have been quite trouble free once they began to put on size. Here at 45 North, they began flowering on Aug. 25 at 13:42 hours of sunlight.

Attachments

• PXL_20220818_223114142.jpg
    PXL_20220818_223114142.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20220818_223317821.jpg
    PXL_20220818_223317821.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20220818_223330512.jpg
    PXL_20220818_223330512.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20220821_021340044.jpg
    PXL_20220821_021340044.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20220821_021547071.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220821_021547071.MP.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 70

Theorganicguy

My mutant phenos are looking much more like real plants. They have been quite trouble free once they began to put on size. Here at 45 North, they began flowering on Aug. 25 at 13:42 hours of sunlight.
I just cut off a top flower on the second biggest PCK because a caterpillar was wrapped up in it. Look at what is going on after only three weeks in flower.
PCK may nowadays be a bite slow, but she definitely makes up in the trichome department. I can't wait to see how the runts turn out. I'll be here eating my heart out incase they perform better than the more elegant siblings

PCK #5 is starting to build some strong fundaments. Classic berry-citrusy PCK aromas going on. The Helvetia Haze x PCK seeds are definitely going to be bonkers!
View media item 18704494View media item 18704495View media item 18704496View media item 18704497View media item 18704498View media item 18704499View media item 18704500
PCK #9 is very ornamental, but I've some doubts on his virility. I'll try collecting as many pollen sacks as possible and concentrate the few grains they seem to release sporadically.
View media item 18704491View media item 18704492View media item 18704493

:tiphat:

squatty

The last couple of years I've been keeping my plants below my fence height by using smaller pots. It takes a bit more diligence during the hot summer days but it has been working out so far. The smallest PCK has gotten some incredible purple colors even since these last pictures. I'll keep updating.

PXL_20220831_004428795.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking female @Theorganicguy :) Classic purple PCK look and traits! Glad she is finishing without a hint of mold despite being ripening with rains. Very few hashplant indica lines have such mold resistance like PCK does, that's one of the reasons (effects too) we prefer to cross sativas with PCK rather than with Afghanis. So the male open its flowers but didn't throw pollen ?

@Hmong Great to know you did a PCK repro of your own selection and that you managed to collect pollen from several males to make an open pollination from the male side. Hope you also produced some interesting hybrids as well. (y)

@squatty i'm very sorry to hear your PCK batch have had such stunt growth 😟 I send you a pm to offer you a replacement. Glad some are finally catching up and flowering, the small female looks promising and good yielding for its size despite its delayed growth.

@afghan thanks for joining the PCK party! ;) Will be interesting to learn how PCK performs at your northern climate and latitude.

Hmong

Veteran
Hope you also produced some interesting hybrids as well.

Yes Sir, this time I've made the following:
Baglung Nepal x PCK f1
G13 x PCK f1
G13-Haze/Shoreline x PCK f1
Unknown Bagseed x PCK

we will see how good the stored pollen still is, in a month or so.
had cuts of all the stable males, but the extra pollen during reveg was too annoying, so I killed em all.
Still have cuts of the females, one green pheno has great sour apple candy smell and good yield.
gonna make mothers and play with those a little more.
overall nice PCK, still 50% green phenos in the line.

Panama clones next, soon to be flowered, just need to transplant and send!
being only 2 hands is tricky at times, too many plants for a one man show, but rows are thinning out fast now, with males separated. Many more heirlooms currently in reproduction.

achille

Veteran
My PCK plant is a green one, good yield and very nice strawberry/grape smell but it is absolutely not mold resistant, maybe it is a trait present only in purple form ?