What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Indeed Badass purple PCK phenos Elf777 :D Glad you got one with the blackberry bubblegum terps, i wrote that almost 15 years ago when PCK was released in pure form. Enjoy!

I really like your accurate descriptions Theorganicguy :yes: While ErdPurt has a denser and more narcotic classic Afghani effect, pure PCK has much more clean, cerebral qualities to its effect.

This (along with the amazing colors, resins, mold and outdoor resistances) makes PCK much more desirable than other indicas to cross with sativa strains, without adding the Afghani dense and dirty effects that most sativa/indica hybrids have. It's true that pure PCK yields and taste is usually poor, but when PCK is correctly outcrossed these 2 traits are easily corrected and improved.

Have a great Xmas time :wave:

Cactus Wes

I hit a Purple TrainWreckBerry Kush with this
20211204_074230~2.jpg

I also hit a PurpleHaze X Malawi
I can't wait.:plant grow:

Cactus Wes

Thanks dubi;
I stripped this male down to a stick, literally.
About 2 weeks before flip, It was just a single stalk.
I wasn't worried about it herming into a female, so I cut everything off.
I left tiny ears at the sprout sites and fed the plant lightly and increased feed with appearance of foliage.
I kept him with the ladies, and pulled him out just in time. I put him in front of a window in a room with no air flow and watched him produce these impressive colas of pollen.
I used a small amount of pollen once it had fully bloomed to pollinate a ready female..
It gave me plenty of seeds.
I left him to wilt in front of the window for 1.5 months. When it came time to pollinate a female Purple HAZE x Malawi, the pollen potency had diminished substantially from the UV light.
I see some, but very few swollen calyxes.
The Ace Seeds description of the PURPLE Pakistani HAZE is interesting so I want to put those seeds in soil as soon as I can.

I wonder what you would call a:
(PurpleHaze x Malawi) X Green Pakistani Chirtal Kush:thinking:???

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cactus Wes we have worked along similar lines in hybrids such as Malawi x PCK and Purple Haze x PCK (Purple Pakistrani Haze), your cross won't be exactly the same but at least you can learn a bit what to expect from it.

A pleasure to see you posting back at the PCK thread kamyo :wave:Hope you are having a great start of 2022!

kamyo

Veteran
Thanks, dubi. Hope all is well over on your side of the world. This year will be a continuation of last year, I think. Lots of things pollinated by PCK. Really having fun playing with these latest crosses. Such a great plant.

kamyo

Veteran
Thanks, OrganicGuy. Here's an update on some of the crosses. Will will try to find time this year to look through the latest pure seed production and maybe find some newer parents if any of them catch my eye/nose. Looking forward to seeing how yours do. Last year's outdoor looked lovely.

Every year can be the year of the PCK if we try hard enough. But indeed, I think she'll get her time in the spotlight one of these days.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220328_230630042.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	18113004
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220330_004449453.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	18113005
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220329_233344634.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	18113006
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220327_005252804.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	18113007

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
All the best with your new PCKs from seed Theorganicguy :tongue: Thanks for your support.

How is your favorite pure PCK expression you have found so far kamyo ? It's difficult to stop growing a line when it produces such beautiful buds like these :love:

kamyo

Veteran
Indeed, very difficult to stop growing these. Have another 10 about a week above soil to see what kind of stuff we find. The mother I keep around is nice. Not the strongest smell or taste, but I really like her structure. However, I'm probably going to look for another girl to keep around alongside her. PCK on its own is always a treat to grow and smoke. But it's so much fun to see how it does in crosses. It seems to not dominate too much in areas other than color. Passes on the desirable traits, but doesn't overpower.

Theorganicguy

Seems like 7 wasn't the lucky number this time, what happened?
I've found some runts in this PCK pack. Three seedlings, two this year and one last year, were incapable of growing and slowly faded away. Natural selection, some would argue.
Their brothers and sisters make up for them, though ;)

goingrey

I've found some runts in this PCK pack. Three seedlings, two this year and one last year, were incapable of growing and slowly faded away. Natural selection, some would argue.
Their brothers and sisters make up for them, though ;)

Oh no, that's bad news for me as I only have a 5-pack in the fridge. Hope I don't get any runts.. Shouldn't have cheaped out.

Comes with the territory I suppose, being a highly inbred variety.

Theorganicguy

Oh no, that's bad news for me as I only have a 5-pack in the fridge. Hope I don't get any runts.. Shouldn't have cheaped out.

Comes with the territory I suppose, being a highly inbred variety.
Who knows what runts are capable of. #7 has the most unique smell: a mxiture of goat cheese with hints of strawberry ice cream :)

View media item 18701968View media item 18701969View media item 18701970View media item 18701971View media item 18701972
#8 is getting bushy. I'll take a cut before I bring her into the mountains and put her in a tested guerrilla spot

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts