What's new

Purple Jems

hereces

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the boards and growing cannabis.
This Jems girl will be 10 weeks from seed on the 15th of July, She has been grown outdoors under natural light in a small greenhouse and fed on worm cast tea and bat guano.
I recently purchased a 100x microscope to view the trichomes, 90%+ are now cloudy.
My question is how much longer do you think it'll be till harvest time?
I'm growing for my mrs who likes a more energetic high.

Many thanks for looking.:)

Attachments

• DSCF1963.jpg
    DSCF1963.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1964.jpg
    DSCF1964.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF1966.jpg
    DSCF1966.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF1967.jpg
    DSCF1967.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19

Ramius

Veteran
I agree with the above poster, this can't be 10 weeks from seed in those pictures?

They do look very nice and healthy though

Bighill

The THC tells the story fellas. She may not look done bud wise but she is close if your seeing cloudy! If the mrs' likes racey don't let it get more than 5% amber, the amber is the CBD's starting to take over which gives a bud that couchy knock down feeling, the cloudy stuff is more THC and it's family, which is more racey of a high. I also find i get less day after affect when i harvest with less amber..

If it was me i'd just chop it at 5% amber trichs.

Getting close.

I chopped my jems at about 12 weeks.

hereces

The shade leaves are turning yellow and dying, Although the buds look fine. Is this normal near the end of flowering?

Attachments

• DSCF1974.jpg
    DSCF1974.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF1971.jpg
    DSCF1971.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 17

hereces

I had to harvest the first plant early due to a little bud rot, I managed to catch it just in time.

The second plant is now at nearly 12 weeks (82 days) and is looking nice, No signs of that dreaded rot yet, I've added more ventilation to the greenhouse.

Trics are 95%+ cloudy, No amber yet.

How much longer do you think she's got to go?

Attachments

• DSCF2020.jpg
    DSCF2020.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF2021.jpg
    DSCF2021.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF2022.jpg
    DSCF2022.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2023.jpg
    DSCF2023.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 15

Bighill

If you harvest now you will get a more racey/energy top of the head kind of high. If you wait until you see amber heads to start showing you will get a more narcotic in the eyes stone.

It's personal preference really. If you see cloudy it will get you high, period. What you are waiting for is what kind of high you like and yeild. She looks like it could go a little bit yet, the calyxes are just starting to swell. Maybe wait 10 days.. Mold beeing the real determining factor, since you've seen it allready.

Looking very nice, jem buds are soo nice to look at.

Just my thoughts..

Bh.