What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

Emeraldo

@Onboard btw I got a chance today to remove the male PHxM from the enclosed space with the all female grow. As you can see maybe, he did not yet start dropping pollen.
PHxM 26.09.22.jpg

PHxM26.09.22.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pitty you finally got a male from your Purple Haze x Malawi single plant from last season @Emeraldo hopefully you can germinate more seeds and experience females of the strain this year!

Emeraldo

Thanks @dubi yes, am planning to give PHxM another go. It will be fun to see if that one is possible at this LatN, in the greenhouse of course. I may be pushing my luck there, but I do like a challenge. I imagine she would need to flower a month beyond what SMH needed, no?

Naturalgazda

Hello. I currently have one feminized monster inside. She is huge. Lots of branches everywhere. I had to cut it short yesterday. She was already two meters.
They are not so massive from an ordinary seed. I have 4 such females there. And I pollinated part of the branch with a beautiful PH/M male. And another part of the branch by a male from the tropical mix.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She looks wonderful and healthy in early flowering @Naturalgazda :D very promising!

Good luck with yours @MrHamilton :) although it may take a while to respond and start to show sex until reach sexual maturity....

MrHamilton

Veteran
She looks wonderful and healthy in early flowering @Naturalgazda :D very promising!

Good luck with yours @MrHamilton :) although it may take a while to respond and start to show sex until reach sexual maturity....
Dubi, you were right about taking her time, but just this week she decided to show herself, although I did mainline her for 4 mains right after my initial post which might have slowed her down a bit also. Honestly, I’m kinda disappointed, I wanted a male to pollinate all the other beautiful ladies currently flowering. Oh well, not like I don’t have plenty of your seeds to run already. I’ll post a new picture of her tonight.

Perdido

I have a more general question dear @dubi. I am tryin some late sativas like "Purple Haze x Malawi" in Vienna this year. Its latitude 48, but we have a mild "pannonic" climate. I followed some of the outdoor growers here like @Ur Humbl Nr8tor. They harvested late in November or even January.
How does latitude and climate influence the start and finishing of the flowering cycle?
Plants do change their behaviour in different climates,,don't they? I have harvested a Haze here in Mid November.
Are those Sativas generally earlier in higher latitudes? And how do temperature and feeding influence the finish? You sure have some info's from your strains from different latitudes.
Great thread btw, perdido

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Perdido is quite the opposite, genetics grown in higher latitudes finish later than same genetics being grown in latitudes closer to equator, meaning the higher the latitude the slower will be the flowering onset outdoors for photoperiod genetics.

Kindly check the recommended latitudes in our strain descriptions (Additional information). Outdoor harvest times stated in our strain descriptions are for 37ºN latitude, if you grow in northern latitudes then the genetics will finish later in average than stated in the strain desacription, or faster if grown closer to equator.

Glad to see your girl already starting to flower @MrHamilton :)

Perdido

Outdoor harvest times stated in our strain descriptions are for 37ºN latitude, if you grow in northern latitudes then the genetics will finish later in average than stated in the strain desacription, or faster if grown closer to equator
Thank you @dubi
Will try posting when my ACE Sativas were ready for harvest at lat 48°. I'll try a few this season.
In the German speaking forum www.grower.ch I started a thread comparing ACE strains. People would love a visit from you there.