What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

romanoweed

are they telling truth? i have no truthserum here, but the questions were pretty, you know like an interrogation with a slight serihe rest is unimportend

dont know where you understood that the guy doesent smoke nomore.

And no, imho he doesent need to show plants to proove he grew it. I myselve wouldnt continue smoking modern Thai if i had the real one for years.. that what I do factually.

are they telling truth? i have no truthserum here, but the questions were pretty, you know like an interrogation with a slight seriousness.. all i wanted to know is where they planted it, and fertilizer usage, terroir. i kind of trust them they saw the plants around and in those rivers.. probably just around the rivers..

Last edited:

romanoweed

probably the part that they didnt smoke as much, wich made it sound as they didnt have too much of Cannabis culture before, more a allpurpose USage was slightly wrong?
was there Cannbis in other parts of thailand similar good as Thaistick? i still am unshure on that

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
probably the part that they didnt smoke as much, wich made it sound as they didnt have too much of Cannabis culture before, more a allpurpose USage was slightly wrong?
was there Cannbis in other parts of thailand similar good as Thaistick? i still am unshure on that
yea probably ,
its not a strain , its a technique ,
highly likely not all the stuff made into sticks were the same strain ,

and it has a lot to do with the climate they are being grown in ,
they reach their full potential and that nice hot dry finish really counts ,
even better than thai sticks , was the golden thai ,
i dunno if thats the same as what they refer to as golden voice , could be ,
man that shit was the bomb , but not tied to sticks ,
just loose buds of absolute joy , haha ..

the sticks were only around a little while when i began toking ,
its the first stuff i smoked ,
i recall them being brown weed .. looked sweat cured in hindsight ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea folks tend to hide places/names and sources where drugs are concerned ,
so its often hard to tell , i do it myself ,, often point the opposite direction of where i obtained something ,
or grew something ,, etc
you heard one of those folks on the clip you added say they liked to wait until the weed turned yellow ,
and as i mentioned the thai sticks i saw were brown ,, might be curing , different strains ,,
either way that golden/yellow stuff seemed to me to be the best of what we got from there ,
primo roman , you would have loved it im sure ....

do you reckon this guy has 50 year old seeds that are worth trying to strike?
or maybe a repo , how many times who knows , 1970 is a long time ago ..
anyhow i have seen golden weed from laos in recent times ,, could be related i guess ...

View media item 17532967

romanoweed

@achille why not. haha.
thats normal people tell different stories. i think its best to concentrate on the word gold. so if there was a golen (yellow brown) strain, cured or not cured, then its probably that. ive hear the for a certain vietnamese "strain" they atached the name "ble de hue", wich means blue tint..

i think its really complicated alltogether to differenchiate.. so many peoples, so many sagas, but atleast the colors should be "factual". lol.

Any of those SE Asian countries had insane weed, every single one. i still hear the people reasoning if thai, cambodian red, vietnamese, or sumatran was now the strongest.. its.. its one big Growroom in SE Asia basically.
if i would have to define something, i would concentrate in Tribes, cause just in my oppinion, i consider Tribes to often be very isolated and selfe contained. so i see higher chance they have something like "one strain". but thats JUST AN OPPINION, no just an idea..

Many of those tribes were expelled.. like the Chinese who were driven from china to vietnam.. till south vientam. but by a closer look, they mentioned that southern vietn tribes were of slightly different dna,then the CHinese imigrating tribes.. Yet another clue that southern Tribes were "the most stationary" hence " the most isolated in the sense of" : "no foreign genetics that were incoporated in the famou southern vietnamese Dalat, the strongest Vietnamese Cannabis? . I cant say.. and i dont claim anything at all.. but i found that khmer tribes had very good weed..

Or how are those Tribes in cambodia called, khmer?
AGAIN; THIS POST IS PURE, OPPINIONATED SPECUALTION.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im friends with a girl who sells seed in thailand ,
she seems to have her shit together pretty good ,
im always impressed with the stuff she posts ,
breeding fish , chickens , plants etc ,
seems to have a good grasp of stuff ...

here are some pictures of some laos plants she sells seed of ,
look bloody awesome if i do say so ,
of course they are growing in excellent conditions ,
but still impressive how little leaf and how foxy those flowers look ..

View attachment 18728940
View attachment 18728941
We need those seeds :D Very nice

Hmong

Veteran
Success.jpg

LAOS_Soak.jpg

HmongH.jpg

musigny23

Quoting Donald Mallard minus the photos to save space.

here are some pictures of some laos plants she sells seed of ,
look bloody awesome if i do say so ,
of course they are growing in excellent conditions ,
but still impressive how little leaf and how foxy those flowers look

I'm not sure what to think of those. They don't look like any Thai or Lao buds I've ever grown but the whole plants aren't visible and I don't grow there. Maybe the conditions are great and the growing is masterful but if they are pure local Lao domesticates they seem heavily dosed with chemical fertilizers and bloom boosters. Natural organic plants just don't get like that in my experience. But I am willing to say that I could be wrong, it's just my take seeing them based on my experience.

Certainly no classic Thai stick I ever got back in those days had buds anything like them or seed bracts all swollen like those.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ive seen some laos stuff with some pretty large buds in the past ,
not like the skinny thai that is often more representative of stuff from that area ,
but i agree those are pretty large and seems like no secondary leaf at all ,
maybe it was the time of year grown , ferts used ,, sun aspect ,, etc

they dont look to be solid and nuggety at least,
the last laos plants i grew had much larger buds than the thais ive grown in the last 20 years ,
was a bit of a surprise , not solid buds at all though , just big fluffy things,
so yea ill keep an open mind about it for now and maybe ill try and get some to try ...

xet

this is the plant i kept from the laos girls i grew a few years back
buds look fat ,, they are , though not chunky like hybrids,
away from the tropics they were severely long flowering and didnt look like this at all ,
this girl flowered for about 16 weeks , which is typical of the south east asian types ive grown here ..

View attachment 18729217
It looks awesome and I can tell it ate good

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
what the duck? :ROFLMAO: get those seeds... @Donald Mallard
oh dont worry, the transaction is in progress as we speak ,
the girl is a little preoccupied with a few things at the moment,
but negotiations are ongoing,, hahaha ..

she has some purple thai that might be worth a shot too,
not that many varieties show purple in warm climates , as we know already ,
probably rare in thailand too i imagine ...