What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Pressure press opperation

mdwarriornts

Hey all. Trying to figgure this rosin thing out. Picked up a pure pressure pikes peak and waiting on my freeze dryer to show up. How is everyone pressing kief/drysift? I have only been pressing really nice blonde kief and still getting dark results or if I have good looking rosin my yields are low. I have been having wonderful results with bubble hash (if dried enough) and I would prefer to make bubble instead of just pressing kief but I have a literal mountain of it I would like to get rid of before I get to making bubble again. I have access to a supercritical system so Im not worried about turning it all into a dabable product with the press but I would prefer to process via solventless as much as possible.

I am thinking my problem is the pressing tech that I was told. Basically what I was told was put the pre-press plates onto the press to get them heated up. Put the kief in the 25micron bag and double bag. Bag goes into the pre-press and stays in there to warm up/homogenize. Warm bag goes into parchment and onto press and pre-press for 1-2min, after pre-press is complete begin pressing starting at 5psi and going up by 1 or 2 psi every few seconds. Once I stop seeing material start to come out of the bag I pull from the plates and collect it.

Thanks all for any help I am in new territory.

carson

It sounds like you're exposing the material to a lot of heat, which could explain the dark results. Maybe try less pre-heating?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... for those using bags, you are throwing away a lot of good potential liquid that fills the bags. Bags was someones idea. It is suppose to keep plant material out of your rosin. If you take care in the pressing process, very little plant material (if any) can be seen on the parchment.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I make 50grm pucks wrap those in a coffee filter, put the coffee filter into a fine mesh metal screen, wrap the whole thing in some ptfe film leaving one end open, put that into a piece of parchment, put it into the press with the open end right at the edge of the press put on some pressure, tip the press over so the rosin runs onto a piece of parchment laying on a frozen tile. It sounds like a lot of prep but you can press kilos of powder in a short amount of time. True driptech...

methias

I make 50grm pucks wrap those in a coffee filter, put the coffee filter into a fine mesh metal screen, wrap the whole thing in some ptfe film leaving one end open, ......

EsterEssence,
PTFE film?
maybe I was too baked that day,,,
WTF am I saying? Too baked :biggrin:

OK so what is it,
is it safe?
why am I just hearing of this?

please tell me it's not silicon cooking mats. Tried one press with that and found little specs of silicon in the rosin. Cooking rosin maybe, not vape.

I patiently await your response.
:tiphat:
Thank you,

Vape on kids

EsterEssence

Veteran
I think it is teflon film, I have never seen any of it in my rosin, Sunfire gave all the equipment to me and is no longer here so I don’t know how to ask him the mesh size or exactly what ptfe is…

I just press my kief when im ready to smoke or when the jar fills up.

Attachments

• photo2090684.jpg
    photo2090684.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Latest posts