What's new

pulling victory from the jaws of defeat...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no pets for over 6 months now. been feeding a really cool calico. well, wife started letting her inside. son's cat will not tolerate. strike one. i grabbed her up to put her out when she started trying to get into shit/places she shouldn't, and she SHIT on me! strike two. decided she has worms/something, let her in again hoping for best. nope, she didn't shit on me. it was my WIFE'S turn this time, taking her outside...while wearing her snow-white Christmas sweater! (she starts early, lol) i figured that was THAT...wrong. wife still wants her, rigging up a cage for her to sleep in at night to avoid surprises. gotta get her some meds & try to calm her innards. did i mention that she's a really cool calico that likes sleeping on my lap? i meant to...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have one that wakes me up at midnight every night if I'm not already up. She has to take meds and goes outside whenever she needs to. There's no way I can just sleep because she won't let me, so I get up on the first meow. I'm stuck with her now and can't do anything about it. She's a pretty good friend now and worth the trouble. She got me good. 😎

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Creeperpark - "goes outside whenever she needs to". a cat door she could use, that would be my ideal solution, but with all of the strays/ferals here, i'd wake up with a dozen cats in here. not ready to be the "crazy cat guy" on the block...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
wife wanted "the poor little kitty" to stay in last night because of temps. :rolleyes: let it out, let it in, repeat as needed. dang thing, at least she wakes me up in a civilized fashion. walks up on my chest & tickles my nose with her whiskers. used to have dogs that would "slurp" me across the face...:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
deranged cat finally put litter box to proper use. damned tired of going out hunting for a cat too dumb to come in the house when we're talking low single digit temps out there. now i gotta figure out how to stop her from dancing on my chest when she gets hungry/bored/zoomies in the middle of the night. maybe Santa will give her something to calm her down... :santa1:😸

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lame-ass Santa...nothing useful. cat had wowzer zoomies today, bouncing off of doors and walls. attacked me twice from ambush out from under Christmas tree! :yoinks: may have to get my wife to show me how to trim claws. :biggrin: at least she shows no sign of clawing furniture, that'll get you a purple shot in this house.:frown:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
been giving her water out of faucet. wife tells me "she won't drink that, cats like clean water." well, tonight my wife got the "poor starving thing" (she's overweight..the cat, i mean) more food and cold filtered water out of the fridge. not two minutes later, my wife chases her out of the bathroom because she was in the toilet getting a drink of nice cold "clean" water...:whistling::biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts