What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What are the positive side effects of working out?
Benefits of Physical Activity
  • Immediate Benefits.
  • Weight Management.
  • Reduce Your Health Risk.
  • Strengthen Your Bones and Muscles.
  • Improve Your Ability to do Daily Activities and Prevent Falls.
  • Increase Your Chances of Living Longer.
  • Manage Chronic Health Conditions & Disabilities.
6 Signs You Had A Good Workout
  • Good Sleep. A telltale sign that you had a good workout is if you have a good night's sleep afterward. ...
  • Soreness. If you train hard for thirty minutes to an hour and feel sore later on, this means you truly worked out your body. ...
  • Muscle Pump. ...
  • Hunger. ...
  • Energy. ...
  • Muscle Fatigue.
What does healthy exercise look like?
Exercise and Physical Fitness: MedlinePlus

Endurance, or aerobic, activities increase your breathing and heart rate. They keep your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy and improve your overall fitness. Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength, or resistance training, exercises make your muscles stronger.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Bummer, such a hard way to go too. Acetaminophen overdose is a very very painful death. I'm sorry 40degsouth you lost your friend in such a bad way. What would you share with the world after going thru this with your friend?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There is no escape from old age, illness, or death. We can choose to go fighting and screaming or allow things to be the way they are with awareness. I don't know what it's like until I experience it so there is no need to worry about it. I have to tell myself don't fight it Creeper just be aware of the way it is in the moment. When I start fighting, it's because I start looking at the future or past and not being aware of the real way it is in the moment right now.

A good therapy that helped me tremendously while I was taking care of my baby brother dying of cancer. I took long walks in the local Cemetery a few blocks from his house. Every day while I cared for him I went there and walked and became familiar with many of the different family headstones. There were hundreds of headstones and whole generations buried there. I probably walked a hundred miles looking at every stone every day. Then the day came when I had to see his grave and he showed me the way it is, so make peace with it.

If you have a hard time with death then I recommend going for long quiet walks or set in a peaceful cemetery to find peace with death. You can cry all you want there. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
How does a person get to the higher realms of peacefulness living with PTSD? Is there a path that takes you somewhere just by setting on a meditation mat? A higher mental state or a higher spiritual realm If I do enough practice. If I go to Meditation retreats the message is mostly the same. I have to do something repeatedly in order to realize my higher self or something like that.

What holds me back from my higher self is my attachment to wanting things to be different when they can’t ‘be different. Complaining is a symptom of unconsciousness and ignorance of reality and it keeps me tied down if I don’t watch it. An example is when someone disrespects me or I lose a loved one, or get ripped off, what am I going to do with that? Hold on to it and carry it or try to reverse the unreversible or spend a lot of time thinking about it or can I just let it go?

Thinking about anything hurtful that ever happened to me in the past, “today” will hold me down spiritually. People get hung up on shit that happened to them when they were young and carry it with them every day thinking it shouldn’t have happened. Taking drugs and getting drunk because it hurts when one thinks about it. When this happens the person's spiritual growth is weakened or limited in growth. The sooner the letting go with acceptance the sooner the freedom from pain that causes one to drink or drug.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The higher the person’s spiritual self is governed only by this attachment to the phenomenon. When nothing bothers me even though it happens to me then I’m evolving into a higher state. If something gets stuck in my heart and I won’t let it go, then my evolution temporarily stops. The time comes when I have to let go of everything to move on to the next ??????. What I bring with me will determine how high I go. The more mental stuff I carry the heavier I am and the less high can go. It's not about getting, obtaining, or becoming, it's the opposite of those. It’s about letting it all go and not trying to be anything, at the right time. When's the right time? NOW!!!
A Nun once said practice letting go. Let go of what? She said “EVERYTHING"!!!​

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all doing well.
It’s crazy isn’t it…..the best l can do is move through life and try to be the best example of a human being l can be, l try to be there for my friends when they need me and never let anyone down. My word is my bond and I’ve only ever made a handful of promises. I do what I say I’m going to do when I say I’m going to do it, which I believe puts me in the top 5% straight away.
Death and taxes.
I’ve been around death and had Mr Death knock at the door but when l thought about it, l realised, l didn’t really care if I lived or died and l think that’s what PTSD is; it’s living between worlds and you end up gravitating towards people who are also there.
We’ve got a smell about us, kind of like cleaning fish, that you can’t wash off and something only other people who’ve been fishing can smell.
Creeperpark, there’s a quote l like and it goes, “ man’s inhibitions arise from his inability to sit alone in his room.” As far as l know this came from a Tibetan monk. I myself have spent 8 years on my own pondering lots of different things and I’m not sure it’s the whole piece to the jigsaw but who really wants to hang out with a dickhead?
The answer is ,to forgive yourself because if the man in mirror sits in judgment on you, you will never find peace only pieces.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The reason PTSD people smell the way they do is because of the extra acid they produce in their stomachs when they fight things. One common symptom of PTSD is people have excess stomach acids in their stomachs to the point of peptic ulcers. Ask yourself if you have stomach aches often then ask your self do I resent my living conditions or do I get mad and stay mad a lot? Do I get bad heartburn at night to the point of having to take anti-acids every night? If the answer is yes then GERD will probably get you at some point if you can't find peace. This is a common symptom of PTSD and learning how to cope without getting mad is a huge play in the right direction. If I can't find peace without getting mad or depressed the consequences will be health issues.

St. Phatty

It's interesting how just a little gardening can make you sweat if not breathe hard.

I mixed up a cubic foot of decent soil and planted a seedling that had the tiniest of pistils, if that.

It was in a gallon pot. I thought upgrading it to a 32 gallon pot might help it show its gender.

Also walked around replacing faded plant labels.

It's all exercise and it's all good for treating PTSD & related normal health stuff.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Shiny or Dull.
When you wake up in the mornings do you shine or feel dull like a lump of coal? Or, how about when you walk into a room full of people, do you shine? Extra trichomes and more terpenes are all the rage, but no one talks about the high oil content we ingest into our systems.

If I partake in weed daily and don’t burn the extra cannabinoid oils out of my system I’m going to have a dull or greasy look most of the time. Puffy swollen eyes with dark bags under them. People see us and know this dull look, but don’t say anything. Now that it's Summer the high humidity and hot weather tend to stimulate the secretion of sebum even more.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Side effects of ingesting a lot of cannabis trichomes are acne, skin rash, excess oily face, and sometimes allergic reactions, but most of all, it can break down the skin's ability to naturally moisturize itself. If the amount of oils reaches a high content in the body the excess amount of CBD can cause nausea, fatigue, and irritability. CBD oil can interfere with “blood thinning meds” because the liver must compete for enzymes to break the oils down instead of the meds. If I feel greasy and yucky from too much cannabinoid, I need to stop for a while or get up and get out the door for some good ole exercise.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If I’m having difficulty getting started and staying on an exercise routine, one of the biggest problems is falling into the too-late-to-start mood. I have too much to do and can’t take the time because I’m so busy. I work so hard on the job I can’t spare the energy. I must recover from yesterday and can’t exercise. I’ll do it when I feel better or have more time. Or I just don’t want to get up or off the couch. Are you irritable a lot? This may be a symptom of too much cannabis oil in the body's system.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's pretty much not a secret but a lot of people don’t know about it. I learned about it when I was in the service. When you see someone that is shining it’s because they have an early exercise routine and are serious about their shine. The number one trick to shining is to get up early and don’t spend any extra time laying in bed. Get up early and get out the door friend, and even if it’s only a 20-minute brisk walk, you’ll be glad you did. Stop wasting time in bed trying to figure everything out and waiting to get motivated. If I smoke or vape weed every day I need to exercise daily to keep the excess cannabinoid fatigue from putting me on the couch and being bitchy all the time.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hitting it early and then exercising is so freaking fun. Ever set the alarm clock for the next day just to get up early to test your new weed? Take a vape early and out the door on a bicycle ride before the cars start moving around. If you ever get the opportunity, give it a try because it's a blast!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Some of you may have read a past post here about me feeding a feral pitbull female dog on my bicycle every day. She made me exercise every day. I started feeding her thinking it was only going to be for a few weeks or months. I noticed her tracks in the snow back about 3 years ago. She lived in an old barn in the woods and would not let anyone touch her. I took her food every day for the past three years thinking she would let me meet her but she wouldn't.

I used a trail camera to keep an eye on her from time to time. She stopped coming to the food bowl about 2 months ago. To my surprise, something else showed up instead. I continued feeding as long as the food bowl was empty. The Mother dog passed away without me touching her but she left me a special gift from the Universe for my reward.

Meet Roy Jack my new K9 and best friend. These photos are where this all took place. He only came out when it was cool temps. I had to buy a live catch trap to get him and I did. I've had him for 3 weeks now. He's special.

IMAG0002.JPG

IMAG0043.JPG

IMAG0069.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The first trap wouldn't work because it was too little and he would not go inside no matter what bait I used. So I had to buy a much larger trap to catch him. I had to get him fast because he was greaving for his mom badly and could die in the heat. After trying for 14 days I got him thanks to a good friend's help.

IMAG0010.JPG

IMAG0014.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The puppy is so happy now and runs all over the place. Hes very easy to train and eager to learn and loves to exercise. He is so easy to potty train and is no problem at all. Teething razor-sharp teeth are little dangerous and I have to give him something to chew on all the time.

I turned my back thinking everything is ok but I learned I can't do that. Ever!! Forest my other dog doesn't like him and got pissed off and nipped him. I have to respect the older male wishes and keep the puppy away from him. Here's photos

IMG_6377.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts