What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

St. Phatty

Imagine if everyone who smoked tobacco cigarettes got their fix from inhaling 4 or 5 times, the entire day.

Of course, then the problem might be - how do you put it out ?

At least Cannabis doesn't have chemicals to make it keep burning.

They put enough chemicals in tobacco, to make it burn, that tobacco cigarettes make a very effective fuse.

Plookerkingjon

smoke has its appeal ....And its effect:joint:

Some of the effect is our immune response to foreign contaminants

Once you get away from the smoke and into the vapor youll see :skiiing:

Effects are stronger Longer lasting Flavors better

It takes time

And it may be because more intense hit vapor can inhale more

Ive been back and forth youre better off staying on vapor:angelshug:
This is why i come back here

Plookerkingjon

Imagine if everyone who smoked tobacco cigarettes got their fix from inhaling 4 or 5 times, the entire day.

Of course, then the problem might be - how do you put it out ?

At least Cannabis doesn't have chemicals to make it keep burning.

They put enough chemicals in tobacco, to make it burn, that tobacco cigarettes make a very effective fuse.
Dude I went to State Prison here double digits years ago for growing and refusing to stop and I won't lie to start up give the man the finger I grew said plants in a trailer on the town select board man property and he was also the town sheriff but he was also an inbred piece of s*** so I figured hey what better way than to make it look like he's growing. I was a knucklehead back then anyway sorry got a little tangential there didn't I?
I remember asking my wife to bring some tobacco for my roommate and I get it in I had to have anybody that's been in before I don't want to freak you out by describing this but I figured I'd give you a brief synopsis I had to have somebody in my unit go to my visit with me ironically his name was Elvis this is back when Hacky Sacks were really popular my wife brings half a carton of American Spirit tobacco and little hockey sack type balls Elvis is shoving them up inside of himself quicker than I can I never seen anything like that but this all goes to seeing a unit freak the f*** out because the tobacco that's available it's American Spirit and normal tobacco and not the s*** that they're used to smoking that's full of chemicals and preservatives and s*** that was a great Post St Patty because I couldn't believe the way people reacted to just getting normal tobacco in there it was like they weren't satisfied with it so I wonder what they're really addicted to when they smoke a cigarette

St. Phatty

Are there any prison inmates that have figured out a way to grow pot ?

NASA should hire them. You have to be seriously creative to figure out how to grow pot from a prison cell.

Or you could just bribe a few guards.

H e d g e

@Creeperpark and everyone else in the club.. I was just sitting here smoking and wondering about all these cannabinoids in raw milk (anandamide) that get lost when it’s pasteurised and how you could make a ton of cash if you found a way to extract them before it’s pasteurised. It’s our natural THC and I guess probably totally legal. Should be great for ptsd, it’s what we’re missing.
Anyway, looked online and found this.. I think they’re extracting it from chocolate..
Anyone up for being guinea pig?

H e d g e

@exploziv.. Interesting, didn’t know that. I’ve even wondered about warm milk being a bit of a sedative a sort of thc turning into cbn situation.. are you sure about this? It doesn’t degrade/change the way plant cannabinoids do with heat?
Cannabinoids in maca need to be heated to make them bio available same as weed, can’t find any info on chocolate but I prefer the raw stuff. Can’t find any info on milk either which has much higher concentrations than any of the other contenders but strangely doesn’t seem to produce the happy uplifting effects you get from raw chocolate or cooked maca. Milk that’s fermented into kefir gives me a boost though, makes me think of the tangwena cobs, maybe something similar going on.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am sure, even the storage temperature suggested by that website selling it is higher than the pasteurisation temperatures. And didn't found any mention on any temperature lower than the boiling point that could break it up. So it will be stable.

H e d g e

There goes my idea for making a ton of cash then, oh well. Although the link is selling cacao extract not milk, so the storage temperature might not be relevant.
Not convinced by the stuff being sold on the link but not totally against trying it either.
If anyone tries it let me know if it’s any good, if I’m not going to be making a fortune from milk extract I can’t afford to be wasting money on snake oil.

Last edited:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Swimming and Yoga are the best.

It's nice if you have a big mountain to go skiing on but that's not always available.
Mountain High East ski resort holds many fond memories for this former SoCal resident. The drive up there is super easy, and man, there is no high compared to smoking some primo aromatic buddage while riding the chairlift up amid a light flurry of dry fluffy snow that falls in slow motion and blankets the runs with shin-deep powder that billows off your skis in massive rooster tails with each turn.

Man, in my mind's eye, I can hear the icicles tinkling in the pines when the wind gusts and swirls up that mountain from the high desert, with the sun setting in orange and rust hazy hues over Catalina Island clearly visible from the west-facing mountaintop where we'd dismount from the chairlift and prepare for the evening's night skiing agenda.

St. Phatty

Mountain High East ski resort holds many fond memories for this former SoCal resident. The drive up there is super easy, and man, there is no high compared to smoking some primo aromatic buddage while riding the chairlift up amid a light flurry of dry fluffy snow that falls in slow motion and blankets the runs with shin-deep powder that billows off your skis in massive rooster tails with each turn.

Man, in my mind's eye, I can hear the icicles tinkling in the pines when the wind gusts and swirls up that mountain from the high desert, with the sun setting in orange and rust hazy hues over Catalina Island clearly visible from the west-facing mountaintop where we'd dismount from the chairlift and prepare for the evening's night skiing agenda.

Did you ever drive on 15 past the cattle-yards ?

I always thought that was the definition of True Love.

Newlyweds on their honeymoon, contemplating their first house together, in the suburbs right next to the cattleyards.

"Honey, does it smell like Cow Shit ALL DAY LONG ?"

"Yes, dear."

"I'll put up with it because I love you SO MUCH !!!"

I like Mountain High too. Is that the San Gabriel mountains, same mountain range as Mount Baldy ?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Once I discovered Mountain High I never went skiing in Big Bear again. The drive is easier, safer, and shorter to Wrightwood's San Gabriel Mountains location than it is to Snow Summit and Snow Valley the San Bernardino mountains. Hit the majestic 5-lane I-15 northbound towards Barstow then exit at the Wrightwood/Silverlake offramp, turning left at the lights to cross the freeway overpass westbound along Highway 138 which later turns into Angeles Crest Highway 2 not far from the village of Wrightwood. That was one of my favorite drives for sure, and chains were rarely needed even in the winter. Night skiing was the best, under the floodlights.

You're right about the cattle feed-lot aroma that spreads for miles from its origins along the I-15 south of the I-10 San Berdoo Freeway in the Norco area of Riverside County if my memory serves me right. Never seen so many cattle in my entire life. That feedlot is massive. Used to take the I-15 all the way down to San Diego because there were far fewer CHP cruisers patrolling that inland rural highway than the ever-busy I-5 freeway out of Orange County. Oddly enough that mundane activity of freeway driving is one of the pleasures I miss most from SoCal now that I live out here in the Third World boonies where there are no freeways haha.

I just noticed your mention of Mt.Baldy. Much closer but absolutely terrifying mountain driving and skiing that is mostly very steep and reserved for intermediate to expert skiers. Went to Baldy just twice and nearly got killed from gnarly head-plant crashes both times. Got stuck on the chairlift the last time I was up there, during a very wet slushy snowfall that soaked us to the skin as the howling wind buffeted the chairlift. Damn near froze to death on that chair before it got to moving again. Best to avoid Mount Baldy. The weather turns on a dime. It could be blue skies one minute and pea soup with twenty feet of visibility the next minute, as cloud cover shrouds the ski runs without warning.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I just noticed your mention of Mt.Baldy. Much closer but absolutely terrifying mountain driving and skiing that is mostly very steep and reserved for intermediate to expert skiers. Went to Baldy just twice and nearly got killed from gnarly head-plant crashes both times. Got stuck on the chairlift the last time I was up there, during a very wet slushy snowfall that soaked us to the skin as the howling wind buffeted the chairlift. Damn near froze to death on that chair before it got to moving again. Best to avoid Mount Baldy. The weather turns on a dime. It could be blue skies one minute and pea soup with twenty feet of visibility the next minute, as cloud cover shrouds the ski runs without warning.

A woman friend of mine was killed in a head on collision on the single lane road up to Mount Baldy, in 1981.

It was a little supernatural. I had the strangest feeling of impending doom on the evening of her death.

I was spending time with another woman friend in the SF Bay Area, so what did we do ? WE PLAYED VIDEO GAMES !

But on the way from the video game place to the movie theater, I called -3- people in my family because I had a feeling that somebody was in danger.

Then I visited her family when I was in LA for a conference 3 weeks later, and when I got home I didn't sleep for 3 days. With Zero Fatigue. Like she was visiting me or something. Kind of supernatural feeling.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That is really eerie that you had such a premonition about someone close to you. I watch the crime channel a lot, and so often you hear of parents who at the very instant their offspring was facing danger, just sensed it, as though by telepathic means.

St. Phatty

That is really eerie that you had such a premonition about someone close to you. I watch the crime channel a lot, and so often you hear of parents who at the very instant their offspring was facing danger, just sensed it, as though by telepathic means.

Human beings have more than just 5 senses.

I had an experience in November 2002, where I aborted a diving session because I "felt scared". I mean, 5 doses of Adrenaline scared.

It turned out that there was a LARGE great white hunting in the area, documented by lobster fishermen reports etc.

I'm still not sure which sense that was.

The ability to feel the fear of the other animals in the water - e.g. the seals or the dolphins ? Or simply the traces of blood from when the shark attacked a large mother seal right where I was swimming to ?

JeffWix67

Human beings have more than just 5 senses.

I had an experience in November 2002, where I aborted a diving session because I "felt scared". I mean, 5 doses of Adrenaline scared.

It turned out that there was a LARGE great white hunting in the area, documented by lobster fishermen reports etc.

I'm still not sure which sense that was.

The ability to feel the fear of the other animals in the water - e.g. the seals or the dolphins ? Or simply the traces of blood from when the shark attacked a large mother seal right where I was swimming to ?
Where I live here on the East Coast...if you enter the water...you are entering the shark zone...we have Great Whites too...they are just not moving in large numbers but they do move off the East coast...it is the Bull shark you have to worry about here...they are so prolific...if you dip off the boat to free dive, you usually have to shoot a fish, pull it to you fast and hold it or it will be eaten by a swarm of Bulls...you make every shot count and go for the stone or don't shoot....I think I would shit my shorts being in the water with a GW...kinda a little used to the Bull Sharks now...not comfortable...used to.

Latest posts

Latest posts