What's new

Psychovine vs ignorant man

Kveldulf

The other day I was reminded of my first serious attempt indoors and thought i’d share. Not sure if this be the appropriate place, but here goes…

A friend had been growing some bagseed outside and had a beautiful 7ft super lanky sativa. There must’ve been a foot between the nodes. The thing I remember most about it was all the stems were a brilliant lime green and the leaf fingers were dark green and super thin and long. I don’t remember when he planted it but this was probably late September and it started to die on him. He didn’t know what to do so we took a bunch of cuttings. I kept one.
I had just started a couple plants in a really really crude set up. This was late 90’s and my indoor knowledge was limited to a few high times articles that got passed around like a playboy in jr high.
I had scrounged an old 2ft fluorescent shop light and bought 4 cfls and porcelain bases. With self tappers i screwed a piece of door trim to each end of the shoplight so it stuck out about 10” or 12” on either side then screwed on a 26” piece on each side to span across, on these boards i put the bases so the cfls pointed in towards the tubes. I wired all 4 cfls together and the shoplight seperate. I nailed in a piece of picture wire on each end and tied on parachute cord that went up to a pulley. I had aluminum foil on the walls dull side out in a 2x4 open closet. one oscillating desk fan and a box fan. For nutes i had i think some miracle grow liquid and some fish emulsion. Oh and an old school mercury thermometer. That was the extent of my setup besides 2 plastic 2gal pots and a small terra cotta pot about 1/2 gal or smaller and soil from a fertile area of the yard where blueberries grew.

I had 2 plants growing that I had already flipped. So I grabbed some more dirt from outside my house threw it in the terra cotta, bought some Rootone and shoved it in the soil. My light set up was about 1000W. It was an open door closet and no way to control humidity whatsoever. Just had a couple fans blowing air around. I remember I always had trouble with the heat. It was always super hot. I just could not get the heat out of there.
That poor plant, when it finally rooted and started growing it absolutely shot. There was nothing straight about the stem from day one. It was more vine than plant and only branched twice. The stem never got thicker than 1/8” and ended up 2 1/2’ stretched out. It would grow up towards the light, and in one day while I was at work, it would grow up and along the light getting burned in the process. I’d get home, adjust the light, tie the vine back and have to do it all over again next day. I kinda did a spiral with it just to keep it down. The leaves all grew miniature throughout, what few there were. It hermed heavily towards the end but it was only about 10 weeks and it started showing signs of amber. Got about 10 grams dry.
I had figured it was probly equatorial because of its crazy thirst for light so was confused as i had heard they took longer. The buds were the shape and size of an olive, just as round like an olive sandburr. I dried it way too fast as little as there was there I don’t think it would’ve ever dried slow. the plant never stunk the whole time, and when I finally smoked it it tasted just like table sugar and rang my bell hard instantly and left me in a state of amnesiac confusion, not unlike a high dose cube onset, for about 20 minutes and then it was completely gone. Everything about the experience was strange, growing and partaking.
Not long ago i heard about dr grinspoon and wonder if maybe it was that or had “grinspooned” or “pearled” in response to my ignorance and harsh environment.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The other day I was reminded of my first serious attempt indoors and thought i’d share. Not sure if this be the appropriate place, but here goes…

A friend had been growing some bagseed outside and had a beautiful 7ft super lanky sativa. There must’ve been a foot between the nodes. The thing I remember most about it was all the stems were a brilliant lime green and the leaf fingers were dark green and super thin and long. I don’t remember when he planted it but this was probably late September and it started to die on him. He didn’t know what to do so we took a bunch of cuttings. I kept one.
I had just started a couple plants in a really really crude set up. This was late 90’s and my indoor knowledge was limited to a few high times articles that got passed around like a playboy in jr high.
I had scrounged an old 2ft fluorescent shop light and bought 4 cfls and porcelain bases. With self tappers i screwed a piece of door trim to each end of the shoplight so it stuck out about 10” or 12” on either side then screwed on a 26” piece on each side to span across, on these boards i put the bases so the cfls pointed in towards the tubes. I wired all 4 cfls together and the shoplight seperate. I nailed in a piece of picture wire on each end and tied on parachute cord that went up to a pulley. I had aluminum foil on the walls dull side out in a 2x4 open closet. one oscillating desk fan and a box fan. For nutes i had i think some miracle grow liquid and some fish emulsion. Oh and an old school mercury thermometer. That was the extent of my setup besides 2 plastic 2gal pots and a small terra cotta pot about 1/2 gal or smaller and soil from a fertile area of the yard where blueberries grew.

I had 2 plants growing that I had already flipped. So I grabbed some more dirt from outside my house threw it in the terra cotta, bought some Rootone and shoved it in the soil. My light set up was about 1000W. It was an open door closet and no way to control humidity whatsoever. Just had a couple fans blowing air around. I remember I always had trouble with the heat. It was always super hot. I just could not get the heat out of there.
That poor plant, when it finally rooted and started growing it absolutely shot. There was nothing straight about the stem from day one. It was more vine than plant and only branched twice. The stem never got thicker than 1/8” and ended up 2 1/2’ stretched out. It would grow up towards the light, and in one day while I was at work, it would grow up and along the light getting burned in the process. I’d get home, adjust the light, tie the vine back and have to do it all over again next day. I kinda did a spiral with it just to keep it down. The leaves all grew miniature throughout, what few there were. It hermed heavily towards the end but it was only about 10 weeks and it started showing signs of amber. Got about 10 grams dry.
I had figured it was probly equatorial because of its crazy thirst for light so was confused as i had heard they took longer. The buds were the shape and size of an olive, just as round like an olive sandburr. I dried it way too fast as little as there was there I don’t think it would’ve ever dried slow. the plant never stunk the whole time, and when I finally smoked it it tasted just like table sugar and rang my bell hard instantly and left me in a state of amnesiac confusion, not unlike a high dose cube onset, for about 20 minutes and then it was completely gone. Everything about the experience was strange, growing and partaking.
Not long ago i heard about dr grinspoon and wonder if maybe it was that or had “grinspooned” or “pearled” in response to my ignorance and harsh environment.
Post a photo friend, so we can see what you are talking about.

Kveldulf

No pics, never were. That was 26 years ago even if I had owned a camera back then I wouldn’t have gave a hoot about recording anything. I lived only for the moment back then.