What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Protocol regarding external links

Hello Mods:

Am I allowed to post links to:
  1. external, third party grow diaries owned by me?
  2. external content such as Youtube videos?
A_C

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, I'm not a mod, but I do know a couple . . . ;)

15. Off-site links: Off-site links to other websites that are controlled by servers that are not located in a cannabis tolerant country could possibly be used to harvest growers IP's so compromising the security of our members. Admin may elect (at their discretion) to delete any links to off server websites as a security precaution to safeguard the security of all members.​
From the last TERMS OF USE (T.O.U.) on : www.icmag.com

That said, those were written in 2010 and you can see the approved media sites in the add Media button. YouTube is certainly allowed and we abuse this in the music node all of the time. :rasta: Do you have some great Jamaican garden vids to make us all really jealous? :cool:

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hi,

Links to YouTube content and things like that are fine as long as they're not on another forum and you're not using this site to promote content on another site that does the same thing we do.

The same with the grow diaries, if they're on your blog on instagram that's fine. If you're linking to grow diaries on another forum then that's a no no.

Hope that clears it up a bit?

My question is why don't you put your grow diaries up here and share them with us? :D

Steven

That said, those were written in 2010 and you can see the approved media sites in the add Media button. YouTube is certainly allowed and we abuse this in the music node all of the time. :rasta: Do you have some great Jamaican garden vids to make us all really jealous? :cool:
Thanks for the Heads Up. Lol, IDK how great they are but I do have some ;)

My question is why don't you put your grow diaries up here and share them with us? :D

Steven
Thanks for the clarification. (y) I will definitely be sharing a grow or 2 :)