What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Protecting Outdoor Crop From Rippers

G

You broke the rule that makes ripping the consquence. Should not have told anyone. If you booby trap, and get caught with one or some, you can put yourself in a bad situation with the law, plus hurt someone(s). Let this be the lesson of telling anyone, and hope for the best. If they were good friends them you should not have to worry, but you run into problems when a good friend tells another friend and so on. It is not worth the pain and suffering for two plants or a hundred. Stay safe, and I hope the best for your crop

bundesliga

SuperToker

You don't stand a chance of avoiding prison if you get caught and you have traps of any sort. Move your plants if your concerned.

KRS Juan

Setting traps would be bad karma. Move it if possible or leave it be and let what happens happen.

-KRS Juan-

G

Change spots if it's guerilla, no other option next run.

Change spots if it's guerilla, no other option next run.

in the mean time, wing it. put a few plants in their path if you know where they are coming from.. if nothings available clone or transplant half of what you have over a few dozen yards.. they'll likely pull those (even if in veg, rippers just do that ime)
if they a reasonable size its unlikely that even 2 men would be capable of carrying more than 4 mature outdoor cannabis plants imo unless they're just clipping the tops, then you really gotta worry.. theyre seasoned vets and wont stop once they find one. lol Think like a ripper!! as disgusting as it might sound its the only way to outsmart them, and even then its a diceroll.

good luck

cap

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
traps attract more than unwanted atention. LEO might look into it.
if the plants do get ripped try this next year: in the place that the rippers think you have plants, plant some hemp or ruderalis, take out the males just to be safe and let them take care of themselves.

oh. and next time -> plant your plants somewhere else and remember rule #1. Do NOT tell anyone about your plants or the fact that you're growing.
tell your friends you've stopped growing and next year have a GOOD excuse for being there.

G

put out planst for them to find and move your grow to another place. They will be smoking bagseed and you will be happy too. Next time keep quite about whee you are gowing and what you are growing.

Perhaps some nice male plants would make their day. smile.

I would not bother with traps. Bad karma.

Avid

junit

Or Put one or Two Clones or even just males in the spot you showed them... That way once they find it, they will most likely be so Excited they wont look anywhere else.....

G

I saw this either on here or at OG but someone suggested putting a sign on your plants that says "smile your on camera". That might help? I'd move your spot asap if I were you though.

No man trapping! If you injure someone, maybe they'll go charles bronson on ya and wait in the bushes with the old family winchester during the moon of the swelling buds. Lets say it's just a practical joke tripwire and they trip over it. Then they'll know someone is protecting something and they might scour every square centimeter of that area-- looking for bud of course. Never trap; redirect. Make the deer trail go away from or around your spot so humans will just unconciously take the easy way through and walk past your plants. Use brush in a subtle fasion and even people who have been there before wont recognise the changes in trail. When placing brush for camo\redirection dont leave any cuts showing and dont turn the brush pieces upside-down. Keep it natural. If you make cuts in branches rub soil or mud into the cut to dull it down. Those plants you have now could be topped a few times with no ill effect or hermaphroditism if the soil mix and water are right. Most rippers are probably looking for the classic 7 foot christmas tree form with the nice fat cola and might overlook that 4 foot bush with the ducksfoot leaves. One other thing: if they get ripped how do you know who did it? Word travels fast and you wont be able to necissarily blame your friends for the theft. Once was hitching(autostop) Through the town of Newport Oregon and got put up for the night by a very pretty woman who bragged ( BRAGGED!) about being a ripper. In one evenings conversation I heard the grower\victem's name, the area of national forest he used, and the very very painful tale of she and her girlfriends from back in high school ripping this poor guy off. He bragged to the "girls" about being the master grower, gave them bud, and took them into the patch to show it off! The real point here is I was a total stranger to this area or anyone near it and in one strange night heard all about it. A lovely town like that has fishing and lumber-- both dead industries-- so of course these wellfare(on the dole) babes are going to turn ripper on ya in a new york minute!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts