What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

production license in Washington state

Hi guys,

I am thinking about moving to Seattle area. Cna anyone summarize the laws for growing commercial buds there? I keep reading conflicting answers.

Thanks in advance.

The licensing window for producers licenses has closed. LCB has no plans, at this time, for another licensing window.

At this time your only options are to buy or invest in someone else's producers license.

A word of warning: Wholesale prices in the 502 market have dropped low enough that many growers are struggling.

This could improve in the coming months as the fine folks at LCB and in our Legislature have killed Medical in Washington. With all of the dispensaries closing we are forced to go to the recreational stores. I expect to see 502 retail sales to increase. How much is hard to say. I know a number of patients that have said that they feel betrayed and will never buy from a 502 store. They will resort to the black market first.

Take a look at: http://www.502data.com/

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The licensing window for producers licenses has closed. LCB has no plans, at this time, for another licensing window.

At this time your only options are to buy or invest in someone else's producers license.

A word of warning: Wholesale prices in the 502 market have dropped low enough that many growers are struggling.

This could improve in the coming months as the fine folks at LCB and in our Legislature have killed Medical in Washington. With all of the dispensaries closing we are forced to go to the recreational stores. I expect to see 502 retail sales to increase. How much is hard to say. I know a number of patients that have said that they feel betrayed and will never buy from a 502 store. They will resort to the black market first.

Take a look at: http://www.502data.com/

Wow! I had no idea the sales n tax figures were that high in Wash. And so quickly. Wonder how that compares growth wise to COs experience

this model will be happening everywhere....yeehaw

I have really been hoping that other states would be watching and learning from Colorado's success and Washington's example of EXTREME STUPIDITY, SELFISHNESS AND GREED.

If you walk into a retail store in Washington and buy a $10 gram the taxes (depending on location) will be between $4.50-$4.70.

With this usurious tax structure Washington State as collected over a quarter of BILLION dollars in tax revenue from recreational marijuana sales so far.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Why do you want to be a producer?
There are hundreds of licenses given out and I only know of three that are doing it right and for the right reasons. That's an industry filled with 99% bullshit.

It sounds good on paper but its a nightmare out here. Medical has been killed and patients cant find quality or safety in their meds (its not even medicine any more).

Grow at home and provide patients in your community with quality meds. If we all do this, and abandon childish dreams of having the dankest I-502 farms, then patients will have safe access to real medicine again.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
so how is it that as i travel around the area i live, i see multiple medical dispensaries and FIVE recreational outlets within one mile of each other...and this in a small town of just 10,000 population?
they have yet to close medical facilities...

not that i care, as i won't darken their doors.

i won't buy pot that supports the states LEO contingency...it seems sacriligious.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Med dispensaries have until July to close or absorb into Rec.
stock up on meds from your Med Dipsensary now before its all gone.

Anyone in western WA looking to do a Co-Op home grow for patients, do it

Last edited:
There are hundreds of licenses given out and I only know of three that are doing it right and for the right reasons. That's an industry filled with 99% bullshit.

It sounds good on paper but its a nightmare out here. Medical has been killed and patients cant find quality or safety in their meds (its not even medicine any more).

Grow at home and provide patients in your community with quality meds. If we all do this, and abandon childish dreams of having the dankest I-502 farms, then patients will have safe access to real medicine again.

:yeahthats
AMEN Brother Thcvhunter!!!!!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
actually ... there aRe 3 diff. licenses ....
> Grower
> Producer/production / IE, trim and packaging
> Retail
EACH is a different license.... ANY one entity can only have 2 of the 3 .... never all 3
state considers that a monopoly ...

is a 4th license going on board soon that is for transport ...IE a state licensed and bonded delivery service that moves product from grower to producer, too retailer...

if U want to move to W@A and become a producer that would =
moving to Washington for a full-time trimmers JOB under a existing license ...

15 bucks per hour, 40 hr wk... treated like any other JOB ...hell eventually as a state employee.... those folks will even qualify for benefits, medical and retirement....

part of the WA process to go VERY MAIN STREAM, and make the almighty TAX dollars ....

grapepopsicle

ICMag Donor
Well, there are a lot of jobs out here, including growing. Big operations need big help. That's where to go if you're just looking to get into the business. Good luck!

Start trimming and get involved with the people in the company you work for. Eventually you will be able to move forward if the business has success and start growing or processing. Starting your own company is near suicide in WA state right now. Big money is here and it's slowly winning.

Crimsondinamo

Originally Posted by Thcvhunter View Post

That is the way.

Wow I appreciate all the information guys. I was planning to move there for a former girlfriend and it didn't work out. Now I am planning on moving to the Seattle area again as I've been contracted to operate a bio reactor to breed BSF. I'm very interested in what the leachate can provide in terms of fertilizer. I will be testing this out asap.

I heard the penalties for home growing without any license are pretty harsh?

I don't want a massive scale operation just enough to provide for myself and hopefully a few friends in the area

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Regulation brought back draconian laws.

4 plants per person over 21, max 15 perhouse.
Laws are pretty lenient here. The 15 can be from one medical script or from 4 adults. Only regulation is they cant be seen from public.

Now, a co-op can do 45(maybe 60) plants but you need a building dedicated to growing (like a shed) woth locks, alarm and a surveilance system. And LCB (govt enforcing cannabis) will visit ypur grow once a year and go over the logs of how much you grew and how much went to each coop member. All genetics must be obtained from I-502 producers. (Fuck that noise)