What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 1998 Bubba Kush

talktosamson

Veteran
Hello everyone, I thought I would throw down a some report for some of my favorite medicine that comes my direction.

The Look-The BUKU is tight little rocks of kushie goodness. Purple and black hues show on both the bud and plant if left for a full 9 weeks but mostly fade away after drying. Buds are rock hard, full of thrichs that explode when you break a nug off the stem. Not the best yeilder but very potent.

The Taste/Smell-Tastes like Kush, just Kush and nothing else. That old school, almost Alaskan fish emulsion smell. Tastes the same way it smells, a little sweet on the exhale. Burns nice in a bong, but best suited smoked in joint/blunt form because of density.

The Effect-This one stays in the garden for its powerful indica stone. Puts you directly down where you stand. Great for sleeping and pain relief. If the stone does not put you to sleep, the crash will. All over body stone, some of the best medicine around, smoke can be a tad harsh because of abundance of thc.

the mythical mystical almost surrealistic pre-1998! Wow! Please give us more! Not trying to be a wiseass or ass or what have you, but give us more!

I have been a kush grower my entire life, and for the longest time now I have had my eyes peeled for the elusive pre 98 Bk, but it seems impossible to find. Did you get yours at a dispensory?

talktosamson

Veteran
No actually, I got mine from a grower who amazingly had kept it all these years. He's an illusive old man who lives up in the hills and only keeps three strains, The Pre 98 Bubba, The C99, and a Humbolt strain he uses for outdoors. He says hes got no interest in trying anything new, and I cant blame him, his C99 cut is insane as well. There has been some debate as to weather it is actually Brothers Grim Cinderella or C99. I'm up here in Oregon so sadly we don't have dispensaries, I wish we did though, it would keep all this necessary strain hoarding to a minimum.

Been looking into the Katsu Bubba, heard it's the same as the Pre98 just a little higher yielding. Good to hear that it has a powerful indica stone. I am a medical user and would love to give this strain a try, I've smoked the new-age Bubba, but it's nothing exciting. From what i've seen the Pre98 and Katsu are the best.

-LifeIsGrowing

talktosamson

Veteran
Yea the yield on the Pre 98 is crap for sure, I can usually only grow one or two indoors of the six we are allowed to grow because of the low yield. We only smoke it for naps, at night or when the girlfriend has migraines. Its straight up medicine. The really defining quality of this plant growing is the crazy dark green colors it turn. I have one in the room about to finish soon. I would love to post pics but I can never figure out how to take a good macro.

talktosamson

Veteran
I'm betting she tastes overwhelming like Kush, just like mine :D Gotta love those giant leaves. Mine are so big and dark green I could wall paper my house with them lol.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
pre 98 wreaks like sick chronic coffee, even when in veg if u give her a rub ur fingers wreak like coffee

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The only Bubba I grow.........

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Funky coffee dankness and smells soooo good if you leave the room and return! Permenant resident in the grow room!!!!

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I would really like to try some authentic Bubba. I've had some but not sure it was true.

Rainman, those are super looking plants.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
A-Loc - She was vegged for 50-60 days from small clone while waiting to jump into the flower room. She really wasnt a slow vegger at all and regularlly outgrows some other elite cuts I have in that dept.

VH - Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated coming from you.

Good luck all in the search for this girl cause she will make any treasure hunter very happy with the bounty she gives! Peace!

Burt

Veteran
are you sure your not attempting to describe an almost moth ball like smell until a cure sets in?