What's new

Power load help please

Ok guys I need to know what you would do in my situation. I’m in a new mmj state and we are only allowed to grow indoors I have figured out a way to adapt a greenhouse that would fit the bill but I’m trying to figure out the supplemental lighting as well as the ac unit. The greenhouse is 20x100 and I want to have the following in the greenhouse. 2 five ton package units and 30 hps de for supplemental lighting as well as air flow fans etc etc problem is I only have a 200 amp panel. Is this even doable or will I have to loose some of the lights? There isn’t a way I can run them on a flip cycle as I would be using these on the cloudy over cast days to make sure I had enough light for the buds not be Larfy. Any advice is welcomed.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Is there anything else that is using power off that panel, like a house?

You question is a little light on some details.

(this is all calulated in 240v not 120v)
If you are using 400w lights on a 240v, you are looking at a load of 50 amps.
You would need a circuit larger then 50 amps to run that amount.
so you would need at least a 62.5amps of capacity. So you would need about total breakers of 80amps (so you would need 4 - 20amp circuits, or 2 - 40amp circuits)

You could look up some of your local electricians and call around. they could give you a better idea of things. Your electrical service could even be upgraded to a larger panel if you need more.