What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew?

Ravel

I have three small plants in the backyard and each one has a small amount of this white stuff on a few of their leaves.

Are these plants done for? Or can they still be salvaged?
IMG_6262.JPG

Pineboy212

Yup!Remove all affected leaves, and invest in a fungicide and move away from other plants not infected,pm is microscopic so it can b difficult to get rid of especially outside as the wind insects etc.. will help it spread,also look for pm resistant strains u can’t loose with those.Contrary to belief I have gotten rid of pm before.good luck!

Ravel

Yup!Remove all affected leaves, and invest in a fungicide and move away from other plants not infected,pm is microscopic so it can b difficult to get rid of especially outside as the wind insects etc.. will help it spread,also look for pm resistant strains u can’t loose with those.Contrary to belief I have gotten rid of pm before.good luck!

Thanks! I'm actually about to cut them down. It's a bit early but the buds are mostly developed and I'd rather not risk more fungus.

Is there a way to tell if the buds themselves contain fungus? If I examine the buds after chopping and they look clean can I assume they're good to smoke?

Pineboy212

Thanks! I'm actually about to cut them down. It's a bit early but the buds are mostly developed and I'd rather not risk more fungus.

Is there a way to tell if the buds themselves contain fungus? If I examine the buds after chopping and they look clean can I assume they're good to smoke?
Well u would c it on the bud as well ,and if the buds r mostly developed depending on when u first saw the pm I would say it’s definitely some n there.It doesn’t take long to spread its microscopic so u won’t c the spores with the naked eye.The spores literally spread n a few days,but if u really don’t want to waste the time u spent growing pm🤭(me I would’ve tossed the bitch and bought me a new one)u can give it a peroxide bath. I think I used 1oz per gallon of water,and submerge the entire plant for 5 min this will kill the bacteria you’ll c the pm float on top of water shake a lil and let dry by some air movement,it sounds unorthodox but people do it ,lol I had to ,my boy had to. Check Jorge Cervantes on YouTube search peroxide bath, and get a fungicide and treat your plants regularly regardless

Ravel

Well u would c it on the bud as well ,and if the buds r mostly developed depending on when u first saw the pm I would say it’s definitely some n there.It doesn’t take long to spread its microscopic so u won’t c the spores with the naked eye.The spores literally spread n a few days,but if u really don’t want to waste the time u spent growing pm🤭(me I would’ve tossed the bitch and bought me a new one)u can give it a peroxide bath. I think I used 1oz per gallon of water,and submerge the entire plant for 5 min this will kill the bacteria you’ll c the pm float on top of water shake a lil and let dry by some air movement,it sounds unorthodox but people do it ,lol I had to ,my boy had to. Check Jorge Cervantes on YouTube search peroxide bath, and get a fungicide and treat your plants regularly regardless

I wasn't really actively growing it, I just tossed a few seeds in the back garden haha. They're really beautiful plants, just have a little mildew.

I'll check out the peroxide bath. Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Don't give the plants any water and don't be fooled when the plant wilts in the hot Sun. Some plants will wilt in the hot Sun and mislead a person into thinking it needs water. It doesn't and if you keep giving the plant water it will mold. Let the soil dry and aerate the soil with a hand cultivator. Losen the soil gently around the plant stem so the roots can breathe. Don't spray anything wet on a plant with mold because it will can make the mold worse. Look at a plant in the morning when it's cool and if the leaves have turgor pressure don't water, but if they sag water. 😎