What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potent, Mold resistant strain for Northern growers?

Sunshineinabag

Saw a heavy sat named light of Jah....
44.9181° N

Hoping I can play too! I tried this cultivar at the Vermont reggae festival many moons ago......def a MST HAVE for the collection!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Where are you?
Sometimes rot can be avoided by getting things down earlier. Other times, just forget indoor looking buds as they don't air well enough. Perhaps the cause of the rot can be identified, or preventative measures taken. Or all four.

Different latitudes allow for different plants, so I really can't answer yet

Around 41N. Had an insane amount of rain last year. Probably should have pulled sooner than Oct. 11th, but something came up that pushed me back a week.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Yep. Fat buds at autumn, coupled with rain that drives the RH up, days getting shorter and the sun shining and warming less and less every day will lead to mould and rot cause there is nowhere all the moisture can evaporate. I've been growing OD for 14 years or so, 8 times outta 10 I'd say it's better to harvest a bit sooner than later, cause when that mould hits, it's the start of the end right there. Bit of mould you can always trim away, no biggie. But when your buds are 90% moldy, trying to save those remaining 10% is fucked up precision trimming. If you thought regular ass trimming was bad, well you ain't seen nothing yet.

On a more personal note, can't help but to be a bit amused by some of you guys in this thread calling yourselves "northern growers" while living and growing somewhere around 38-44N.
I grow outdoor @ 61N, I'm a northern grower. Most of you guys.. You're not even close, so don't get cocky there, hot shots!
picture.php

#Imtheman!:tiphat:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
sorry :comfort:
i working on a skunk#1 x guerilla gold for outdoor but that need bit more selection outdoor this year til they are on the website

peace LBH

Would you like to talk about the Skunk #1? Is it a line bred from Sensi Seeds' seeds?

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Auto flowers start to be ready after the 1st week of august, week or two the first earlies. Then september is busy time with most bigger stuff ripening up. October is usually cold, wet and it starts to get dark fast cause o them short daylight hours as we fall on the dark side of sun. Nothing really grows and the buds won't get fatter come october, but later phenos do seem to ripen up some, seed plants, too. If the cold and/or rain doesn't kill everything still standing.. Funny how that light works here mang, summer time, when the weather is fine, the sun doesn't set for about 3 months straight. Then from late october to christmas time the sun hardly ever shines. If you go a bit further north, the sun actually doesn't rise above the horizon for about 2 months. Some dudes live by the ocean and thing, see a fine ass sunrise and sun set every day, that's cool. But you wait two+ months for one god damn sunrise, survive the wolf pack attacks and snow storms and that darkness shit. That's the best god damned sunrise you've ever seen!:tiphat:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
The original came from HSO or Emerald.

at 42 degrees North.

Actually, it was a cross with a Blue Widow cross.

Started flowering about August 1, finished somewhere between October 1 and October 15. I prefer to let it go longer.

I just looked through Emerald's catalogue and found it. They say it's highly resistant to mold -- you said yours was something different, Blueberry Headband crossed with a Blue Widow cross?

I grew Blue Widow this year and was pretty impressed with it. Great bud, great resistance.

Do you think Blueberry Headband from Emerald would perform as well as the cross you grew? How was the yield/smoke/bag appeal?

St. Phatty

I just looked through Emerald's catalogue and found it. They say it's highly resistant to mold -- you said yours was something different, Blueberry Headband crossed with a Blue Widow cross?

I grew Blue Widow this year and was pretty impressed with it. Great bud, great resistance.

Do you think Blueberry Headband from Emerald would perform as well as the cross you grew? How was the yield/smoke/bag appeal?

I enjoyed it the first time I grew it, indoors I think. Then started crossing it.

A lime smell when harvested & dried.

After 2 weeks in the bag, curing, Pure Skunk.

It's one of my motivations to buy a chest freezer. Kitchen freezer is running out of room.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I enjoyed it the first time I grew it, indoors I think. Then started crossing it.

A lime smell when harvested & dried.

After 2 weeks in the bag, curing, Pure Skunk.

It's one of my motivations to buy a chest freezer. Kitchen freezer is running out of room.
So it's good smoke, I take it?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
In New England, the Pharaohs Kush does excellent.

(LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLimeReserve) x AncientOG

The LVRK was bred in Mendocino, close to the shore, where thick fog ang high humidity would envelope the plants daily. The AncientOG was bred by BeanzN’ and gifted to me by Buckeye Bandit. AncientOG is a tough, outdoor strain as well. Together they create an extremely vigorous, hardy plant. The branches branches have branches! Super tight internodes that are all competing to be tops.

JustSumTomatoes

The LVRK was bred in Mendocino, close to the shore, where thick fog ang high humidity would envelope the plants daily. The AncientOG was bred by BeanzN’ and gifted to me by Buckeye Bandit. AncientOG is a tough, outdoor strain as well. Together they create an extremely vigorous, hardy plant. The branches branches have branches! Super tight internodes that are all competing to be tops.

Sounds great. Is it mostly indica?

Pumpkin

Veteran
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but you could also work on your grow space. Good air circulation around plants, give them space. Clean up any dead matter up around your area, use a fungaside. Clean spaces with good airflow, remove fan leaves, be hygienic, remove anything that looks like it could breed mold and a preventative fungaside could increase your strain selection.

Sunshineinabag

There's farmers in northern Vermont Northeast kingdom areas that have been pulling great cultivars for DECADES.....too bad you can't get some insight from them.....COUGH

yahooman

i looked for info on this strain,but found nothing...are seeds available?

JustSumTomatoes

Very cool OvergrowDaWorld... That's one I would love to get a hold of. I have an Indica that I absolutely love but the mold really got to it with all this rain we had this fall. I use it to manage a sleep disorder, so I shy away from Sativas but I need to keep the fungi at bay.

Latest posts

Latest posts