What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

potassium defiency?

lesterlong

i've got a friend with ak48,white rhino, and northern lights just going into flowering. some plants have brown spots on the leaves and some of the older leaves are dying off. does this sound like a potassium problem or maybe something else? if it is potassium is there an easy method of controlling this without buying new ferts? something around the house? no pics available. any info would be great. thanks.

G

Need more info. Are the ones dyeing off from the bottom? The brown spots, could they be burning from the light? Infestation? Whats the overall color of the plant lush green or pale? It can be many things. I say cruise the OG GrowFaq and try to nail it down to the most likely thing. Cuz we cant really comment on this unless we see it.

Blatant

shrike

Hello Lesterlong, the brown spots sound to me like you have brown spot fungus or one of a meriad of funguses growing on your leaves.

I have used a product called "Safers Garden Fungicide" with good success to treat the spotting problem. Just make sure it isn't a mite problem.

If its not mites then its a fungus. Also OG doesn't have any FAQ on FUNGUS problems, only nutrient/ph disorder FAQ. However if you search the FORUMS for FUNGUS or SEPTORIA you should find a few discussions on FUNGUS. Try GOOGLE searches !

I discovered this spotting on flowering plants and it really didn't hurt, cause you trim it all off anyway in the end. The trichomes are a good defense to protect the buds from the spotting.

Lastly, just in case, do not spray or treat for fungus if you have your plants already in 12/12 flower !!!! You don't want to poison yourself.

One more reason to make sure your plants are 100% before going 12/12

Peace

Morganic

Sounds like a problem i had...if the spots are a rust colour and start to spread through the plant it could be nutrient toxicity. If it is...flush,flush,flush. Good luck

dan kay

What's the pH of the soil. I had the same problem with my bogglegums then noticed my soil pH was over 7 because my water has a 7.5 pH. This could cause a def because of a nute lockout. You want your pH in the 6.2-6.5 range ideally although my plants are thriving as long as i stay below 7. If the pH is high pH balance water with pH up/pH down (whichever you need) and just use a couple of drops of that at a time in your water mix and test the water. Water once or twice with pH balanced water and the soil pH will get back into range. this is just if the pH is too high.