What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Portland Oregon We're coming back

xtsho

Between Covid, BLM Protests, and the legalization of hard drugs my city has been decimated. On the world news for months of unrest and mayhem. It was a horrible thing to live through watching the place of my birth being destroyed by hoodlums. Sometimes just a block away from where I live. The thoughts running through my mind. The times I was at the door on my way to confront those causing the problem. I always made the right decision and stayed home. I would have done more harm than good when things were out of control like they were.

For those that have never been here it's beautiful. The city is modern and spectacular with history that goes back hundreds of years. On the confluence of two major rivers one being the mighty Columbia River. Mt Hood less than 100 miles away and the Oregon coast/Pacific Ocean the same. We have what some call a similar climate to those in the Mediterranean that gets colder in the winter. It's the best weather spring through fall and is unmatched anywhere in the world.

I've travelled around the world and all across the United States. This is where I want to live. From what I've seen there is no place that's better.

There are naysayers that want to denigrate Portland for any reason and whenever they can. All I can say is that we're not listening. We're focused on what it's going to take to fix things. Dwelling on the negative accomplishes nothing.

We're fixing this bovine dung.

Go Portland!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Between Covid, BLM Protests, and the legalization of hard drugs my city has been decimated. On the world news for months of unrest and mayhem. It was a horrible thing to live through watching the place of my birth being destroyed by hoodlums. Sometimes just a block away from where I live. The thoughts running through my mind. The times I was at the door on my way to confront those causing the problem. I always made the right decision and stayed home. I would have done more harm than good when things were out of control like they were.

For those that have never been here it's beautiful. The city is modern and spectacular with history that goes back hundreds of years. On the confluence of two major rivers one being the mighty Columbia River. Mt Hood less than 100 miles away and the Oregon coast/Pacific Ocean the same. We have what some call a similar climate to those in the Mediterranean that gets colder in the winter. It's the best weather spring through fall and is unmatched anywhere in the world.

I've travelled around the world and all across the United States. This is where I want to live. From what I've seen there is no place that's better.

There are naysayers that want to denigrate Portland for any reason and whenever they can. All I can say is that we're not listening. We're focused on what it's going to take to fix things. Dwelling on the negative accomplishes nothing.

We're fixing this bovine dung.

Go Portland!
I would argue that the best climate in the world is at Lake Chapala, Mexico. I've been to Portland.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The climate is great here. It might be better in Lake Chapala. When were you in Portland?
2002 - I liked it and the climate

The climate here at Lake Chapala is as perfect as one can ask for. In rainy season it mostly rains only at night.

Latest posts

Latest posts