What's new

POLL: MicroGrow-time, Seedling to Harvest

I2KanGrow

Greetings:

I'm ramping-up a Rubbermaid grow tub (see Red Greenery's excellent design, in this sub-forum). I've looked-around, but can't seem to find-out how long it takes to grow cannabis... from sprouting to harvesting.

I know that different strains will have different grow times under identical conditions, and each grow room will again throw variance - but I think it would be great to get a quick poll on the variety you grew, lighting conditions, and how long it took to grow, from seed to sow.

Now, I'm "losing my virginity" with 2 varieties - Female Northern Lights and White Widow. The company I'm purchasing the seeds from claim a flowering period of 8 weeks for both - but they give no guidance RE: veg times.... how long from seed to harvest... seems like nobody does.

....I'm sure others are curous, so tell of your total growth times.

Thanks in advance!

Well if the flowering is 8 weeks, and you can veg for basically as short or long as you want. So lets say you decide to veg for 6 weeks, than your plants will be done in.

Veg = 6 weeks
Flower = 8 weeks
Total = 14 weeks / 3 months and 2 weeks

Than there is drying and curing which can take from one week, to almost as long as you want, nothing is better than a long cure.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Depends on how long you want to Veg them for.
Remember you need to sex them as well.
Do you want to take clones for a mom?
You can veg them out as long as you want.
4 weeks from seed you can start to sex them.. unless your good at pre-flower identification.

I'd give em at least 3 weeks vegs. I do 4 and longer.

Sin

Secret Room

Depends on what I'm growing. The Crystal Paradise I grew this time was a 10 day veg and it's 24" at day 51 of 12/12. The Sweet Purple was started from seed and had 2 leaves at a 10 day veg and had to be tied down because it's 36" at day 51 of 12/12. I knew from other people that grew these said that they get tall. Previously I grew Sativa Spirit and Nebula and veg about a month and they were that 24"- 30". So it just depends on the Sativa influence of the plant how tall it's going to grow on you and veg accordingly.

Mr_Micro

I'm kinda curious about this topic too... it's a bit difficult to judge exactly how much veg time my plants had because I went 12/12 from seed. They started showing sex around day 26 to 30 so I'm guessing flowering must have started somewhere around day 20?

The lack of any certain ammount of veg time makes it kinda hard to figure out exactly when I'm supposed to start adding my bloom boosters and eventually flush for harvest. LOL Guess I'll have to figure it out as I go along

my last bagseed grow from seed.. i let it veg for 3 weeks, then i switched to 12/12, took about 2 weeks to show sex, then i let it flower for about 8-9 weeks. so about 13-14 weeks for me.

G

I generally veg for 30 days under 18/6. The preflowers show in about 1 to 1-1/2 weeks. I harvest after 55 - 60 days flowering for a total of 85 - 90 days.

My last grow was a reveg and they are a bit special. The plant is fully mature and grows all alternating nodes. I've found the transition between veg and flower is smoother with 18/6 lighting compared to 24/7. I vegged it for 45 days to fill the large screen. The plant showed preflowers in a week and was harvested in 55 days.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
This is what I have noticed. Cannabis is sexually mature usually at 2 months. This means that after 2 months of vegging the plants are big and stable enough to be flowered. We want to get from seed to harvest as quick as possible so we try and find strains and phenos that flower quicker. Plants will veg at least a month before flowering, even on 12/12, they just don't flower. I found this out outdoors. We started some plants late and we had ones that started flowering and were 2 weeks in so I knew the days were close to 12 hours of sun. The other plants didnt start flowering for another 2 or 3 weeks. They had to become somewhat mature before starting to flower. Its almost like puberty. This is just in my experience but ive never seen a seedling with flowers but if someone has a pic please share(not small clones!). :smile:

I2KanGrow

Wow, folks... we've got a bit of variance!

Looks like the average is around 6 weeks or so, but from what I'm gathering here, it really depends on the grower. I'm assuming that the intensity/quality of light plays a part in total veg times... has anyone changed their lighting, and noticed an increase/decrease in veg times?

Thanks, Y'all, for helping this newbie out!

G

The big variance is that you're asking the microgrowers. Ask an outdoor or large room grower and you'll get the same answer. We don't have the space to fully mature out a plant before flowering it which can take up to two months depending on strain. Cannabis can be forced flowered right from seed to grow very stunted plants.

Light intensity comes into play too. Too little light and the plant will stretch with long distances between nodes. This is not good in a small growbox. The right amount of light will keep the nodes tight. The plant will grow quickly, the more light you give it which is not always desired in a small box.

The best way to shorten veg times is to use clones taken from a mature mother. The clone can be flowered at anytime since it is already mature and will kick right into flowering with a minimum of stretching.

Goding

Ive seen a few people runing 18-16, but can you run 14/8 and still get decent results, I know its only 2 hours more light, but is their a huge difference between 14/8,18-6 and 24..?

Latest posts

Latest posts