What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Police bust Cape Town grower.

Ponder

Just read that the police in Cape Town bust a grower in Obs.Seems like the guy only had 40 plants but the cops are making like it`s a major bust.Makes me ponder about the 40 000+ plants I saw in one field in the Eastern Cape during December. Hope it was not any one from this site.

technically it's illegal to grow any number of plants here, but the law is either unenforced or simply unenforceable in the traditional growing areas (region is among the biggest producers in the world).

city kids who grow commercial strains in pimped-up grow rooms are begging to be made examples of. the police just see the stealthy set-up and bling you've got going and they duly oblige by nailing your arse to the wall. by contrast, it's effectively 'legal' for the mountain man who tends a small plot each year to pay his child's school fees.

Ponder

The issue is complex because the cops in the rural areas will be locals who have strong ties to the community .Most will have family involved in growing weed or would have grown up with the people involved.So these cops just see growing weed as part of life in these areas.The situation is completely different in the urban areas where the local cops see weed in the same light as crack and heroin.Those guys will bust your arse for sure.

Expiry

I catch from your conversation,marijuana is ilegal in Africa,but it's excuseing in countryside...I'll want move somwhere,where I can bread and grow new strains crossed of Jamaican and African strains(I'v got religion affinity to this places) without envious and greedy people.I have dream as other growers :D ,have seebank,but there aren't pleces,where it is legal.Thats reason,why I'm searching for some Zion.My question is:Can will be some place in Africa my new home?Thx for answers and sorry 4 my english :)

Ponder

Expiry stay away from South Africa,we have an excuse here called xenophobia.Basically it is the murder and robbery of any body who is not from the area.There is no way you have any chance of growing your plants here.

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Way to many skelm's and tsotsi's in SA to have a safe productive grow house!
small time garden or closet grows can go relatively unnoticed.
ragga

Nice 1 RAGGA bro!
My maid, ehem, domestic helper always used to say "the totsi's jumping in the fence" which I eventually figured out meant someone was trying to break in haha.

Notice I said ALWAYS. We got a lot of robberies living on a plots for many years. Like you said bro, too many bastards here to mess with you and your hobby so to speak.

I wouldn't recommend moving here for the sole reason of growing. There are many better, safer places to go. The climate is just perfect for dank outdoor here though....

BTW, xenophobia is just another bullshit excuse for mindless violence.
Regards, Ah.

Sweet Inc.

Got busted in Namibia for posession in 1999 I think, lemme tel ya.... If you're white, prepare for a shitstorm, or pay your way out.
The cop in charge slapped me around and shit, I'm going back there to kill him some day whan he's happy and retired...

J

JackTheGrower

Expiry stay away from South Africa,we have an excuse here called xenophobia.Basically it is the murder and robbery of any body who is not from the area.There is no way you have any chance of growing your plants here.

Tough neighborhood.

Sweet Inc.

Ya, I was visiting Namibia last year, was watching the news with people being burnt alive in SA... Same problems as everywhere else, just seems that in Africa the actions taken by the culprits are so extreme compared. Shame and a pity, such a beautiful part of the world...
Being white there also presents a problem in many situations as well and this is no xenophobia, my stepmom and bro are home grown Namibian, as most of my friends there. Many whities are so racist it's insane, but the same goes for so many others as well.

About growing tho: Inside growers must have insane AC runnin, right? Couldn't picture myself growing in those temps:D Brickweed or the standard dagga with the stems, sticks and seeds wich u gotta clean out is cheap, plus my neighbourhouse granny sold it anywhoo:D Like 5N$ for watcha call it, a stompie?

What would the penalties for posession and such be thereabouts? Never went to court with it.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You would have thought the Police in Cape Town have more important "crimes" to pursue.. :no: