What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I only have one question for you all with symptoms. Have your symptoms worsened or became more apparent since reading this thread? The mind is something we barely understand and I personally think most, not all you, are experiencing the placebo affect.
I'd laugh, but the subject is far from funny.

Thank you, no. This, and many other threads, have been started to track down the source of years of previous issues. Thanks. Re-Read it, and other threads, and see how many people are thankful to run across information describing their horrible experiences.

Douglas.Curtis

I'll try to get some results the next time I see my doctor. The symptoms of H. Pylori are very similar to what I experienced while smoking plus taking a medication called duloxetine (or Cymbalta). I didn't realize how messed up I was from azadirachtin until I stopped taking it, because it almost numbs your nerves completely, including your organs. However, and maybe TMI, but every morning I would get the most painful stools, which were black as tar. It was honestly so painful...

So here is a recap of my symptoms, without nerve medication:

-Bloating, even when merely handling aza bud.

-Very uncomfortable sensation behind eyes.

-Mental anguish, depression, and intrusive thoughts. Extreme difficulty thinking is common too.

-Brutal cluster headache that strikes my right temple at night.

-Stiff neck and back

-Ears ringing

-Duodenum, spleen, and gallbladder inflammation/pain
Sounds exactly like azadirachtin and H.Pylori combined. I literally ended up using MiraLax for 8 months straight, a section of my guts just seemed to not work right. F'ing rude. I edited out the symptoms I believe are related to extreme toxicity. The remaining symptoms are what I recognize immediately.

As I said, since the treatment to get rid of the H.Pylori, my guts have gone back to processing everything normally. Same, same as I was used to years ago.

I still have to test contact with aza again. I have some Azatrol/Azamax here, wondering what the best way to test it would be, besides the double-blind I'm setting up.

HqFarms

I'd laugh, but the subject is far from funny.

Thank you, no. This, and many other threads, have been started to track down the source of years of previous issues. Thanks. Re-Read it, and other threads, and see how many people are thankful to run across information describing their horrible experiences.

With a comment like makes me think you are only looking for instances that proves your hypothesis. Anything that goes against it you push away quickly. If you want a better way to test your hypothesis you need multiple growers with multiple cuts with flowers that are told are contaminated but actually aren't and vice versa, unlabeled samples, samples that you actually do know the truth about contamination. One strain won't work either. You can't forget about other factors that might contribute to your hypothesis like food intake, time of day of sesh, stress you might face inn any given day. IMO there is no way to get a good enough control to prove anything. The only thing that really matters is if what you believe really works for you but don't throw out any ideas that are different from yours. I don't disagree with you brotha nor think your hypothesis is wrong, just offering a outside opinion

Douglas.Curtis

With a comment like makes me think you are only looking for instances that proves your hypothesis. Anything that goes against it you push away quickly. If you want a better way to test your hypothesis you need multiple growers with multiple cuts with flowers that are told are contaminated but actually aren't and vice versa, unlabeled samples, samples that you actually do know the truth about contamination. One strain won't work either. You can't forget about other factors that might contribute to your hypothesis like food intake, time of day of sesh, stress you might face inn any given day. IMO there is no way to get a good enough control to prove anything. The only thing that really matters is if what you believe really works for you but don't throw out any ideas that are different from yours. I don't disagree with you brotha nor think your hypothesis is wrong, just offering a outside opinion
I'm aware of what you're saying. Yes, it would be awesome to see this happen. I've a scientific mind and did my own testing (have you read this thread, or others I've started myself?), there's zero doubt in my mind the majority of CHS is aza related. The H.Pylori connection is a new discovery, which is a welcome clarification.

If anything?
Knowing what the hell is wrong has lowered anxiety towards the subject, reducing overall tension and the resulting pain. So, you can say knowing brought significant relief, just from removing the tension of the unknown.

Set up the tests, you'll get the same results I did. Cannabis is not a fruit or a vegetable and all the "neem is safe" studies are incorrect when it comes to cannabis, by the very nature of their design and what they tested.

In a few months I'll have a double-blind study of tainted vs. non-tainted dabs. Until then, everything I have contact with is a guess regarding aza content.

Douglas.Curtis

Jared, Customer Service at FoxFarm, says they don't use neem products in their soils. No seed meal or other treatments. Just an FYI.

Gimpy

Maybe tons of stoners have cannabinoid hyperemesis symptoms from aza but they manifest themselves when going to the bathroom (stools), instead of violently vomiting..

This is not the placebo effect either, to whoever mentioned it was likely. I know at least eight cannabis users that are very aware of azadirachtin's ability to make you sick as hell.

Gimpy

FoxFarms could be adding paclobutrazol or other PGRs as well--it only takes 1 ppm to completely f*** up the plant. My new provider has one strain that clearly contains them (big buds, no smell, bad high, and sharp chest/ upper back pains) and some Grandaddy Purp that contains Aza. Fml.

The only question is what's in the 98.8% other ingredients besides azadirachtin in Azamax and Azatrol. Here are the labels if they help. The Azatrol label clearly states that it is harmful via dermal contact and inhalation, so why in the world is it legal to use on cannabis?

https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azamax-label.pdf

https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azatrol-label.pdf

Douglas.Curtis

FoxFarms could be adding paclobutrazol or other PGRs as well--it only takes 1 ppm to completely f*** up the plant. My new provider has one strain that clearly contains them (big buds, no smell, bad high, and sharp chest/ upper back pains) and some Grandaddy Purp that contains Aza. Fml.

The only question is what's in the 98.8% other ingredients besides azadirachtin in Azamax and Azatrol. Here are the labels if they help. The Azatrol label clearly states that it is harmful via dermal contact and inhalation, so why in the world is it legal to use on cannabis?

https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azamax-label.pdf

https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azatrol-label.pdf
Good points!

I too was looking at the "other ingredients" at first. Now I've run into sufferers who only used excess neem seed meal. It's definitely the azadirachtin. ;)

When they re-run all the field tests on safety, when it comes to chemicals and cannabis, they're going to find cannabis holds onto things significantly longer than they expect.

I see some a lot of products picking up cannabis specific labeling, when all this is main stream and federally integrated. :tiphat:

Gimpy

Can you tell me more about your spine? You said something about your chiropractor. I recently smoked and it kind of hurt my neck, like my head couldn't turn to the right side without being strained. When I ran my fingers down my neck I felt a "bubble" (for lack of a better word) that moves around, but when my high faded it went away.

Some info about my provider: he's been using the same plants for a long ass time. 14th generation or something like that.. But I recently found out he only has two patients so I wonder if something's fishy.

Gimpy

By the way, I'm a 23 year old male living in Montana. That might be relevant info. I'm not that active and don't know why my back would be this big of an issue.

Douglas.Curtis

The aza causes muscle tension, what you felt was probably muscle.

I would find out if your provider is using aza or neem products. Yes?

rexamus616

Veteran
stil onl with the neem Dougie?

come on, mate.... You just smoke too much.... :D

Had a tolerance break, and what do you know - my CHS is gone.....

And like i told you before - I DON'T USE NEEM!!!

But still get dope sick.

Pot Belly

Marijuana Morning Sickness

whatever you want to call it....

Greedy Pot Head Syndrome....

Those that think its a joke? You obviously don't smoke as much as me.... (you pussies! hahahaha j/k)

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, thank you Rexamus616, you're one of the two cases I'm aware of where neem isn't involved. Glad to hear your taking a break helped, ever get tested and treated for H.Pylori?

Gimpy

@Douglas

Although he grows it in some fancy "natural" stuff called Canna, he also uses neem. He seems a little uneducated as to what azadirachtin is but he told me straight forward, almost with innocence. I don't think he's affected by his own product.

Ironically, I was over at his other patient's house tonight. He was smoking when I arrived and I asked how he was doing. He goes, "Okay man, but my neck and shoulders are fucking killing me." I don't think lights alone are going to be able to move the aza from this stuff, which I've been able to pull off for quite some time.

I was just thinking about a time I went to another friend's that had back problems from his stuff (and this person smokes a lot). Maybe this is just me, but I'm not that fond of joints, but this was all he smoked. When we went up to his room to grab something he had a huge tray of broken up buds with UV lights above it. He told me if he doesn't do it, he gets sick and can't figure out why.

I believe this is because of how photophobic and unstable azadirachtin is in the presence of light. This method has been helping me until now, and I am literally noticing back curvature or something. It's worse than when I took the booms that likely had neem (very depressing times).

Douglas.Curtis

@Douglas

Although he grows it in some fancy "natural" stuff called Canna, he also uses neem. He seems a little uneducated as to what azadirachtin is but he told me straight forward, almost with innocence. I don't think he's affected by his own product.

Ironically, I was over at his other patient's house tonight. He was smoking when I arrived and I asked how he was doing. He goes, "Okay man, but my neck and shoulders are fucking killing me." I don't think lights alone are going to be able to move the aza from this stuff, which I've been able to pull off for quite some time.

I was just thinking about a time I went to another friend's that had back problems from his stuff (and this person smokes a lot). Maybe this is just me, but I'm not that fond of joints, but this was all he smoked. When we went up to his room to grab something he had a huge tray of broken up buds with UV lights above it. He told me if he doesn't do it, he gets sick and can't figure out why.

I believe this is because of how photophobic and unstable azadirachtin is in the presence of light. This method has been helping me until now, and I am literally noticing back curvature or something. It's worse than when I took the booms that likely had neem (very depressing times).
Fascinating! This is exactly the type of situations I'm running into as well. Nobody is connecting it with the neem/aza you know they're using.

The UV light is a new one for me, yet I can immediately see why it would work. Aza has a very short life span, when exposed to light and air. Cannabis absorbs and retains the aza, keeping it from being broken down (like all the 'studies' on fruits and vegetables show happens with aza). I can see where a UV light on broken up bud would work, yes. Never thought of it before.

Your provider's response is typical, sad to say. Unless it's an issue for them, they cling to the "It's all organic" mantra and keep using the neem/aza. They don't even recall it when you ask them about pesticides they use. Most growers will say "I don't use pesticides," even when their crop is saturated with organic pesticides. Crazy!

Glad you found the source! :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Oh wow!

Is it possible to remove aza from concentrates, by using a thin film and UV exposure??

Would someone please try this and get back to us please? If I have UV light, I should be able to test this within the week. If this works?? :woohoo:

Douglas.Curtis

@Gimpy

What type of UV light is he using? Any idea how long he exposes the cannabis before using it? Any additional details would be helpful. At this point, all I have access to is a blacklight.

:tiphat:

Gimpy

@Gimpy

What type of UV light is he using? Any idea how long he exposes the cannabis before using it? Any additional details would be helpful. At this point, all I have access to is a blacklight.

:tiphat:

He had two purple UV lights that bend. They couldn't have been that expensive, but he also told me even putting it under florescent lights in his bathroom help (which is what I've been using). He leaves it for at least a day, but sometimes he still gets sick or has pain.

Some additional info on aza and photostability:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12856927

It might just be me because I have deviation in my sphenoid sinus (very close to the brain and eyes), but when I put my stuff under any sort of light I need to leave the room ASAP because I start feeling that "mental anguish" that I referred to earlier. I'm now putting it in a vacuum-sealed plastic jar and leaving it under standard florescent lights so the fumes don't affect me.

I'm very interested to see what you find with the dabs. I've never done them before, but I know they can be packed with pesticides even more than flower. I posted some statistics earlier on this forum that showed the findings of pesticides from MM dispensaries. I would say spread it out on a plastic/glass slide and shine any sort of light that emits UV rays. For all you know, the entire dab could be azadirachtin :/

Douglas.Curtis

He had two purple UV lights that bend. They couldn't have been that expensive, but he also told me even putting it under florescent lights in his bathroom help (which is what I've been using). He leaves it for at least a day, but sometimes he still gets sick or has pain.
Thank you, excellent information. I'd say the stuff still making him sick is probably VERY contaminated, or dense enough the light isn't penetrating and destroying all the aza.

Some additional info on aza and photostability:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12856927
Yep, that's what everyone points to and says "Aza is perfectly safe," yet cannabis seems to do a good job of keeping it safe from harm for weeks.

It might just be me because I have deviation in my sphenoid sinus (very close to the brain and eyes), but when I put my stuff under any sort of light I need to leave the room ASAP because I start feeling that "mental anguish" that I referred to earlier. I'm now putting it in a vacuum-sealed plastic jar and leaving it under standard florescent lights so the fumes don't affect me.
It's offgassing. No idea what keeping the gas contained does. I've not read the exact nature of how it breaks down in light/air.

I'm very interested to see what you find with the dabs. I've never done them before, but I know they can be packed with pesticides even more than flower. I posted some statistics earlier on this forum that showed the findings of pesticides from MM dispensaries.
I've been dabbing off and on for a month now. Only 'known' clean stuff at first, lately I haven't cared. Lately I've also had increased hip pain and mad muscle tension across the kidney level of my back. As has my wife. Fantastic there isn't any digestive issue yet. We'll see what happens with heavily tainted cannabis, like what you'd find in a dispensary. Hell, the kids over at grasscity say you can spray up to a few weeks from harvest. lol Whatever.

I would say spread it out on a plastic/glass slide and shine any sort of light that emits UV rays. For all you know, the entire dab could be azadirachtin :/
That's my plan. We have access to at least one black light and plenty of fluoro's ;)

Thank you again for posting this. May be a significant breakthrough. :)