What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help with a safety concern (Fire Concerns/NOOB Question)

Hi Guys, I apologize for asking such a n00b question but I have a serious concern that I would like some help with. Recently I transitioned my garden from a spare bedroom to an extra shed on my property. The shed is pretty bitching as it's nice and big and perfect for my experiments. The shed has electricity but no heat or other ammenities.

My concern is that I don't have the first clue about wiring or electricity. My biggest fear is a fire potentially breaking out. Right now I have about 200 watts worth of lights, a heater, a radio, and aquarium air pumps on out there. However, I'm about to transition to flowering with a 1,000 watt HPS light. I'm concerned about putting my HPS light out there as I'm not sure if I'll overload anything. I've used my HPS light in my house before with several other things running with no problems. However, moving out to this shed worries me.

What can I do to ensure I'm safe and what do you guys think of this situation? I know this is a n00b ass question but I just want to ensure my family's and my safety.

Thank you

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
What is the circuit rated at? If it's 15A or above, you've got no issues. 1kw only draws about 9A. Fire it up! :pimp3:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Find the breaker in the beaker box that goes out to your shed (if it's not labeled, just start flippin' and see what goes out :D) and the amperage will be stamped on it.

Latest posts

Latest posts