What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help identify issue

abazaba315

I am hoping someoe can help me identify what is going in with my clones.

I have tried adding more calmag, nutrients, flushing and they have been this way for a month now.

Ph 5.9
Ppm 900

Temp 78
Humidity 55 to 60%

Volt fl1
Lotus nutrients
Fox farm cal mag
Fox farm happy frog soil
1000008793.jpg
1000008792.jpg
1000008791.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am hoping someoe can help me identify what is going in with my clones.

I have tried adding more calmag, nutrients, flushing and they have been this way for a month now.

Ph 5.9
Ppm 900

Temp 78
Humidity 55 to 60%

Volt fl1
Lotus nutrients
Fox farm cal mag
Fox farm happy frog soil
View attachment 18960212 View attachment 18960213 View attachment 18960214
Sorry you're having problems friend. Looks like you may have too much of a buffer and excess nutrients in the water and soil. Your soil is locking up the nutrients and has become unavailable to the plants. Also if you use Cal-mag and fertilizer with tap water in amended soil you will almost always have problems like the above.

The best practice for Happy Frog potting mix is to use Pure Water Only in the beginning and then up-pot into the next-sized pot when the plant outgrows the last pot. Also if you toxicate the soil from too many salts and then flush you will knock the nutrient sequence out of wack.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry you're having problems friend. Looks like you may have too much of a buffer and excess nutrients in the water and soil. Your soil is locking up the nutrients and has become unavailable to the plants. Also if you use Cal-mag and fertilizer with tap water in amended soil you will almost always have problems like the above.

The best practice for Happy Frog potting mix is to use Pure Water Only in the beginning and then up-pot into the next-sized pot when the plant outgrows the last pot. Also if you toxicate the soil from too many salts and then flush you will knock the nutrient sequence out of wack.
If you do a pour-thru with pure or distilled water and allow just a little to discharge out the bottom, you can test it and see what you have. It may be too acidic or have too many salts.

abazaba315

If you do a pour-thru with pure or distilled water and allow just a little to discharge out the bottom, you can test it and see what you have. It may be too acidic or have too many salts.
Ph 6
Ppm 480

Should I give a good watering with nutrients. Ppm should be 1000 to 1200

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If in doubt flush it out.
measure what PH you pour in cmpared to what comes out and you can guesstimate the soil ph. Ideally it would sit somewhere between 6,5 and 7.
E.G. if you pour in 8 and your runoff reads 7 then your rootzone maybe around 6.
It's hard to flush amended soil, but if your nutes are salts it'll work, just make sure you put a lot through those pots and finish with a balanced low feeding.
CC

xtsho

Why are you adding calmag when you are using nutrients that have both and the soil you're using has calcium?

Too much stuff too early. Should have just let them grow in the soil without adding anything.

abazaba315

These have been in the soil for well over 4 weeks. I was thinking I depleted them of nutrients.

Where should my ppm and ph be after flushing?

Thanks for the help!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ph 6
Ppm 480

Should I give a good watering with nutrients. Ppm should be 1000 to 1200
Keep the ppm steady and below what you are giving them. I don't know why you think the ppm should be 1000 to 1200. Thats too much at one time.

abazaba315

Feeding chart calls for 1000 ppm so I was going with that.

I flushed two plants down to 480ppm to see what happens.

The led light is 18 inches away from canopy. Set at 520w.

Dli measures at 38.3 at canopy (good).

Last edited:

xtsho

Would you all recommend I add some great white next. Watering?

Yeah just keep adding stuff. 🙄

That soil was good for 4 weeks to begin with. Then you added more stuff. Those are small plants in fairly small pots. The more you add the more builds up. You end up with a nutrient imbalance leading to lockouts due to antagonistic interactions between elements.

Just feed them a basic nutrient at minimal EC with a decent amount of runoff until things get back to equilibrium.

Great White isn't going to fix anything.

Last edited:

abazaba315

Yeah just keep adding stuff. 🙄

That soil was good for 4 weeks to begin with. Then you added more stuff. Those are small plants in fairly small pots. The more you add the more builds up. You end up with a nutrient imbalance leading to lockouts due to antagonistic interactions between elements.

Just feed them a basic nutrient at minimal EC with a decent amount of runoff until things get back to equilibrium.

Great White isn't going to fix anything.
Should I turn down the light also?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Feeding chart calls for 1000 ppm so I was going with that.

I flushed two plants down to 480ppm to see what happens.

The led light is 18 inches away from canopy. Set at 520w.

Dli measures at 38.3 at canopy (good).
The feeding charts are for a week at a time not one day. If you spread that 1000 ppm in 3 or 4 watering depending on the size of the container you would be using the charts correctly.

X15

It may be beneficial to trim up some of the worst looking leaves and thin them out a bit, will help take some stress off the root zone. Hopefully you will start to see fresh growth soon. Also if you have the means might be worth transplanting then into some fresh soil, knocking off a bit of the old stuff in the process. All depends on how badly you want to keep those clones Alive.