What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Help "Defoliation" advice...

Great Photo! You are under-scoring/Highlighting the essense of Cannabis 'Yoga' Pruning.
The less time I spend on the ground the less inspiring it can become. Realty Check: As Humans honoring our ancestral Lineage we should probably be spending at least 4 Hours on the ground per day. Maybe even not counting sleeping -- which ideally is on the earth sympathetically vibrating with Mother Earth's Shumann Hz resonace.... I like the way I talk... Ha Ha

Ca++

Baleaf long sleeve shirts and gloves my man, anti microbial non stick shirt and gloves. My everyday.
I have found these non stick gloves?
Non-Stick-Silicone-Glove-Silicone-Oven-Gloves.jpg_350x350.jpg

They appear to be for something different

Ca++

I use the black mamba gloves and a pair of these for defoliating and stem cutting.

Expensive scissors but very good and long bladed so can get in amongst a plant with only your sleeves brushing the outer edge of the plants.

View attachment 18925997
I have some sheers I like to.
iu

140mm long Electricians Scissors. Sturdy and sharp, for soft metals.
They stack up 8 bag straps here, and they get through

The same scissors will cut a dangling thread, not fold it between the blades. They have never tried to fold anything. That is quite a range, and I have took off skin tags with them to. No steel nails though, because these are a sharp set. If these were tin snips, they would have to be blunter.
I never wanted to pay the price, but once I did, well.. I can't say enough good things about them. Which is a typical reviewers response, and everybody wanted a pair.

Thing is.. I take plants down with scissors, but for defoliation, it's my thumb nails. Scissors for branches, but leaf stems I'm pinching. I don't have time to looking where the scissors go, I'm just working blind mostly. See a leaf, and reach along the stem to it's base, and sever it with my nail. I have to remember not to cut them lol

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some sheers I like to.
iu

140mm long Electricians Scissors. Sturdy and sharp, for soft metals.
They stack up 8 bag straps here, and they get through

The same scissors will cut a dangling thread, not fold it between the blades. They have never tried to fold anything. That is quite a range, and I have took off skin tags with them to. No steel nails though, because these are a sharp set. If these were tin snips, they would have to be blunter.
I never wanted to pay the price, but once I did, well.. I can't say enough good things about them. Which is a typical reviewers response, and everybody wanted a pair.

Thing is.. I take plants down with scissors, but for defoliation, it's my thumb nails. Scissors for branches, but leaf stems I'm pinching. I don't have time to looking where the scissors go, I'm just working blind mostly. See a leaf, and reach along the stem to it's base, and sever it with my nail. I have to remember not to cut them lol

I do the exact same w my nail

exoticrobotic

I use thumbnail finger pinch for non resinous, long sharp scissors for resinous.

Only use the gloves for harvesting.