What's new

Please can somebody help my yellow sick plants (pics included)

Teddywinters

Hi guys
Here’s some details:

Medium- biobizz
12l pots

Biobizz nutrients (ph 6.2)

70-72f temps
Any ideas what could be causing the yellowing??

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73

acespicoli

How long you been in veg ?
You running a flowering nute or a veg nute whats ou NPK ratio for your mix ?
Have you tested you NPK with the capsules
1701396415797.png

its very easy to hit nute problems in extended pot grows
Salt lockup etc... hopefully some hydro growers see this and chime in.
Bump the thread if not

Nutrient Issues

Teddywinters

Hi mate
Thanks for your reply
I’ve been in veg for about 5weeks
I’ve not tested the npk
Ill invest in some capsules and test 👍

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Using tap water will raise the pH of the substrate and lockout iron and other trace elements causing yellowing. Mostly the new leaves will show the problems first. Tap water will raise the alkalinity of the substrate over time.

Alkaline soil is used to describe a soil with a high pH level (greater than 7.3). When soil pH is greater than 8.0, availability of nutrients like phosphorus or micronutrients (i.e. Zn, Cu, Mn, Fe, …) can be reduced and soil pH greater than 8.3 can indicate high sodium or sodic soil problems and often drainage issues Google

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi guys
Here’s some details:

Medium- biobizz
12l pots

Biobizz nutrients (ph 6.2)

70-72f temps
Any ideas what could be causing the yellowing??
1. They need more nitrogen.

They're going into flowering.

2. pH

You should try a higher pH. N, P, K and Mg are better taken up at a higher pH, and micronutrients are better taken up at a lower pH.

3. For this reason, I usually mix in 1 tablespoon of Maerl/magnesium lime per gallon.

This also adds magnesium. Magnesium and nitrogen are increase eachother's takeup.

Teddywinters

1. They need more nitrogen.

They're going into flowering.

2. pH

You should try a higher pH. N, P, K and Mg are better taken up at a higher pH, and micronutrients are better taken up at a lower pH.

3. For this reason, I usually mix in 1 tablespoon of Maerl/magnesium lime per gallon.

This also adds magnesium. Magnesium and nitrogen are increase eachother's takeup.
Thanks for your reply

What mg product would you recommend what are available in the uk?

I do have some cal/mag

Cheers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thanks for your reply

What mg product would you recommend what are available in the uk?

I do have some cal/mag

Cheers
Dolomite lime, magnesium limestone and maerl (calcified seaweed) are available through Amazon UK.

Specifically for cannabis, Plagron used to have Maerl in powder form.

Although you can add a little calmag, it is best to deal with the issue permanently and add a tablespoon per gallon to the soil - 2 tablespoons in case of soft or low PPM water.

Teddywinters

Dolomite lime, magnesium limestone and maerl (calcified seaweed) are available through Amazon UK.

Specifically for cannabis, Plagron used to have Maerl in powder form.

Although you can add a little calmag, it is best to deal with the issue permanently and add a tablespoon per gallon to the soil - 2 tablespoons in case of soft or low PPM water.
Thanks mate 👍

GF-Z

Before rushing with overwatering and overfeeding them,
Please - check soil moisture and most important - run off PH.
If they drink water and ph is not below 6 or above 7+

then
try a higher pH. N, P, K an

Usually lower PH is for micro, metals and
Higher PH is for general NPK macro uptake.
With organic biobizz I would keep PH at ~6.5 range and not let it go below, because as I remember using them 10years ago and they where quite spicy, so low ph can lockout everything quite fast..
And dont flower them now, they gonna destroy themselves while streching.
Also take a closer look to bottom left plant, it looks like completely overwatered, leaves swelling and wilting...
I had exactly same looking plant couple of months ago from overwatering.

p.s.

The problem with overwatering is that soil is loosing ability to aerate it self and all micro gaps with place for oxygen gets gunked up with moisture and then it dries - it turns into solid brick without any place for oxygen.
I fixed this by adding hydrogen peroxide (3% 1 part to 3 parts of water) and it basicaly rebuild the structure of soil by making micro bubbles inside. After 48hours plant turned from drying/wilting into rising its leaves and showing signs of life.

GL

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
R/O filtered water, or other sourced water below 12ppm, is a main building block of quality cannabis.

Makes things muuuuch easier to predict results, and also share information reliably with other r/o water growers.