What's new

PlayStation 4

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
With today's PS4 Reveal at E3, we now know it will be out this holiday season, most likely November sometime, it's $399 and will be a pretty sweet system.

Supports used games, no need to be online or check in, but to play online multiplayer, it was indicated that you will need a PS Plus membership.

Great games lined up including Final Fantasy Versus, Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Drive Club and even a Mad Max game.

With the other AAA franchises Sony has, PS4 should be awesome.

I just pre ordered mine, gonna be a great winter of gaming!

Supaseeds

Ye Ps4 indeed sounds like a lot of fun :) could really be a nice gaming experience i was pretty much blown away by some games i saw :) and not to mention blizzard will make their games playable there so for sure it must be good, otherwise they wouldnt even think about it :)

Lets see what happens would be nice to have some leet glames and geek through winter :p

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I can wait..I want to see how stable they are first

what exactly do you mean hammerhead? as in crashes, glitches, that kind of stuff? Or security wise?

For $399 the PS4 is a WAY BETTER deal than the Xbox One...

All my friends who had Xbox 360's are all saying "Fuck that, I'm getting a PS4"

I'll prob Pre-Order one soon... do you get any exclusives for pre-ordering it?

L

Lee Van Kief

yeah a bunch of dlc for future games and a day one acheivement on xbox live as well as a special controller

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
My friend was telling me that microsoft was pushing some new legal bullshit... i don't know the proper term.. but basically. If a bunch of people got a similar issue such as the RROD again they have to each sue microsoft individually instead of teaming together to get a better chance... sounds like they are anticipating things like this to come... only heard about this for microsoft but not saying it isn't possible sony is doing the same but personally I will go with PS4 no matter what... it is more focused on the ACTUAL GAMING

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wait to see what kind of issues pop up.. Plus to much of a mad house over something so trivial. I remember when the XBOX and PS3 where going for thousand's because the demand was so high they could not make them fast enough. I can wait for all of the recklessness to subside...

The XBOX 360 1st gen had the red ring of death issue.. I had mine for 5 years before it happend but it still happend. I bought a new slim version while the old system was getting repaired. I keep this as emergency backup :)

When I do get one it will be a PS4. The xbox one has to many restrictions. not backward compatible, It has to be connected to the Internet every 12 hrs. So if you dont have Internet you cant use the XBOX ONE.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
If I get one of the new consoles, which may not be likely, I'd have to side with the Playstation. I've been an Xbox gamer since the old Xbox days and have owned a few different 360's.

However, all the bullshit with pre owned games, 'always on' Kinect and the huge price tag have turned me off the Xbone big time.

I'd wait a good 6 months at least before buying either though so I can find out what they're both like hands on, but I find myself on the iPad more than with a games controller on hand.

Friend

Veteran
I'm still stuck in the past, i never upgraded from my old PS2 that i still play a few times a week. Maybe now i can finally pick up a PS3 and a bunch of games for cheap. Maybe it's time for a new TV also. You know how to tell that you're poor? When it's 2013 and you still have never owned a flat screen TV. That's how poor i am.

M

Mtn Dew

Consoles will always still lag behind PC nor can u upgrade one . Ill stick to pc gaming and my PS3 USB controller (Car games) or KB/Mouse . Hope to see a compare of PS4 Xbox1 vs PC before really knocking either console yet.

Games like Battlefield 3 was a joke on Xbox and ps3 . I got both BF3 for my son on his 360 and then myself a copy for PC . I figured me and my son would play and level him up. Take turns play a whole round then pass off controller . 12 vs 12 was a joke .So much of a joke .People were sayn I was hacking lol . In reality I was used to fast pace and larger maps of 32 vs 32 on pc

Anyways ill end up with both in my home. Im sure my son will ask for each one (Bday & xmas) All though I do use a console controller for some games

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats very true PC can have 4k$ video cards in them with multiple monitors. consoles dont have that ability..Cant really compare the 2..The PC would blow the doors off any Console..

THC123

Veteran
Im getting ps4 as i have hated the xbox controller with a passion since day one(since xbox came out and i mean the first one).

Impossible to play fighting games with that piece of crap

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Im getting ps4 as i have hated the xbox controller with a passion since day one(since xbox came out and i mean the first one).

Impossible to play fighting games with that piece of crap

I'm much the opposite. As much as the old Xbox's controller was a heat of shit, the 360 controller is as comfortable as it gets.

Not sure what I think of the Xbone's controller, looks a little odd to me. Who knows!

My work mate is selling a cheap PS3 which I'll be picking up at the end of the month. Mrs wants to play Little Big Planet and I rather like the look of The End of Us.

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
with the 360 I still can't believe they put out such a shitty product it actually has the red ring of death to tell you your HDD died...pure BS. There's HDD's that wont die on you, but those wouldn't have put a couple extra M's in bill's account. Pure BS.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I cancelled my pre order once I realized I had my PS3 for only 3 years so far...tons of life left on it for me..I got in on the PS3/Xbox360 era late, so no need to fork over anything except for new games.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Dang, I never have had money when a new PS comes out, now that I do, I don't want it..lol

As release day approaches, it is tempting to want to go down to the wally world and line up to get one though.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I'm already pre orderd at gamestop but I hate that certain games like ryse and some others are only on Xbox one I'll wait for a price drop and get the one later

Latest posts

Latest posts