What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Gush F3 grow along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @Jahaze they both look amazing ! - i'm a bit gutted that i have no PTG left in my jars for Christmas.. it would make a good festive smoke that's for sure... great to hear the pine is still going strong in your cured buds.
Really appreciating your attention to detail on these test grows - i was happy after your first rounds and think you did a good job, but the way you have got across the needs of the plants in the second runs has really impressed me. I think you are one of the best growers i have come across and you are also good at observation and documenting - i guess those two things go hand in hand. (and this is coming from someone who has a fairly high opinion of his own skills and is not easily impressed ! )
much respect and thanks
VG:tiphat:

EastCoastGambit

Damn, I may have had a keeper of '79 X Mas Bud which someone said might also be PTK with a different name. 2 plants were really squat but one grew taller, branchier and was very frosty. Maybe it was kind of special/rare and I should have grabbed a clone? While the structure was great it didn't seem as "piney" as I wanted and reminded me a bit of what I had just grown which was Romulan and Skywalker OG. It was still piney though - just not different, has that sweet citrus mixed with pine. Oh well - too late now.

Sorry not trying to hijack your thread. Beautiful work though @VerdantGreen and @Jahaze!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @PerroVerde - I loved the PTK too, this cross with the GB has kept all the pine funk and the 'fuel' element coming from the GB seems to amplify the pine scent and really bring it to life even more. Also the potency and yield are higher and more in line with modern hybrids, with an easier growth habit.

thanks @EastCoastGambit - i think Christmas Tree bud is a different line. I remember Nspecta checking in to my PTK grow a while back when i was doing the repro and saying that i had 'real' PTK and talking about someone else growing Christmas tree bud and passing it off as PTK. i'm not sure what the difference is though lol.
I'm bound to say this, but if you looking for pine... you really should try the PTG
this was the seed mother of about 40% of the F3 seeds - even TomHill himself was impressed with this pic !
PTGmacro2.jpg
PTGnugpurp.jpg

VG

PerroVerde

ok so the Christmas tree bud and the PTK Repros done by Nspecta happened because FarmerJoe420 tricked haze man in a trade, he sent him Christmas tree bud labeled PTK and when Nspecta started to do them FarmerJoe420 called out haze man saying he didn't have the PTK. Then FarmerJoe420 didn't realize that Hazeman had saved all the messages between them and called out FamerJoe420 for tricking him and then trying to make him look like he was full of shit.
Then that's when Nspectas started the repros fo the 79 XMAS bud that came from NDNGuy the same source as the 88G13/HP that lots of people are currently using in their seed making programs (Bodhi is the one who really made it famous) @VerdantGreen @EastCoastGambit

EastCoastGambit

ok so the Christmas tree bud and the PTK Repros done by Nspecta happened because FarmerJoe420 tricked haze man in a trade, he sent him Christmas tree bud labeled PTK and when Nspecta started to do them FarmerJoe420 called out haze man saying he didn't have the PTK. Then FarmerJoe420 didn't realize that Hazeman had saved all the messages between them and called out FamerJoe420 for tricking him and then trying to make him look like he was full of shit.
Then that's when Nspectas started the repros fo the 79 XMAS bud that came from NDNGuy the same source as the 88G13/HP that lots of people are currently using in their seed making programs (Bodhi is the one who really made it famous) @VerdantGreen @EastCoastGambit
That clears it up albeit a little confusing. So someone had passed off X Mas bud as PTK and not the other way around. They seem to have similar traits but maybe the PTK someone thought they were growing was actually XMAS bus and that is why.

RobFromTX

My ptg's are the most squat plants ive ever grown. They are literally stretching outward instead of growing upward. But i expect great things from the pics i see hear. Beautiful colors abound

PerroVerde

That clears it up albeit a little confusing. So someone had passed off X Mas bud as PTK and not the other way around. They seem to have similar traits but maybe the PTK someone thought they were growing was actually XMAS bus and that is why.
FarmerJoe420 was doing a classic bait and switch with his seeds when he sold them to Hazeman and then tried to call him out as a liar. Lucky for hazeman he saved all the messages between them and was able to call out FarmerJoe420 for being shady and selling fake PTK seeds.
79 XMAS bud is legit as he received them from NDNguy and NDNguy has confirmed that.

im sorry to take this thread to another topic but I just thought I would clarify since I knew what happened when it happened.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would you say that the one on the left isnt worth keeping? I figured that for a ptk pheno. Its definitely a slow grower
It could be a PTK leaner but also the Gorilla bubble has sour bubble outcross which looks similar... Unless you short of space then i would always flower them out as thats the only way you know what you've got for sure... if it is slow then probably best not to top it.. but i guess if you have to select down the number of plants then it would be one to consider culling. The smaller phenos of PTG i had were still lovely smoke.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
last of the ptg f3s for now. just at week 9. i wanted to let her finish over the next week but getting guests for the holidays and dont want to trim with them in the house. I have one more clone to run but its gonna have to wait for another rotation. anyway here is #2 with more resin than before and from underneath she looks completely silver. just caked on resin sparkling as the light hits it and smells so pungent of pine, gas, metal and this time a sweetness that i hadn't detected before. looking forward to this one. btw VG, you were right, its near impossible to put these down once you start smoking. very enjoyable smoke.

20221220_153520.jpg
20221220_153734.jpg
20221220_153606.jpg
20221220_153625.jpg
20221220_153755.jpg
20221220_153819.jpg
20221220_153841.jpg
20221220_153944.jpg

RobFromTX

These strains are turning into bushy fat cats. The PTK was lagging behind but i must say they caught up quite fast. VG when would you say is good time to throw them into flower? Some are close to 2ft

Attachments

• IMG_20221221_104023467_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221221_104023467_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited: