What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PIFFCON!!

PiffCoastFarms

Hello all! I am hosting a big haze competition in New York City on January 16th! If you’re from the east coast you know about the piff! And you also know that it hasn’t been around quite as much as it used to, so what I’m doing is trying to bring everyone who still works with it out of the woodworks to enter and see who’s got the best! If you don’t know me I breed mostly piffy incense hazes and sour diesels. So this for me is a dream come true! Anyways we will have a bunch of cool vendors there like dynasty, mosca, akbeanbrains, brothers Grimm, the seed source and more!! One company that comes to mind that I would really LOVE to have in attendance though is ace seeds!! dubi if you can see this brotha I’m putting the bat signal out! When I think of sativa breeders ace is definitely one of the best in the game!! Hope to see some of you at piffcon, we need more haze around, and I’m hoping this event will blow the doors off and open people up to working more hazes as well!

peace y’all!

PiffCoastFarms

ojd yes man for sure, I will make the exception for you!! As long as you can get it into the US by January 2nd we can make it work! I know your old IG got deleted but I also tried messaging your new right hand one the other day. check it and get back to me!

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Sounds like a fun event, great idea ! I have spent some time around NYC, but yet to have the chance to cross the path of that one, but heard of its legend .... One day hopefully !

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
So who won? What was the terpene profile, and etc..... The shit is scattered horribly on the internet... Cant find it on youtube or through google...gene traders..

Shoulda hit me up to make it seem official... Hard to have a haze competition seem real without the person who named piff involved.
I'm guessing JJ won but curious the profile. His Nigerian Mangohaze is a keeper, better than street piff.

goingrey

So who won? What was the terpene profile, and etc..... The shit is scattered horribly on the internet... Cant find it on youtube or through google...gene traders..

Shoulda hit me up to make it seem official... Hard to have a haze competition seem real without the person who named piff involved.
I'm guessing JJ won but curious the profile. His Nigerian Mangohaze is a keeper, better than street piff.

Wait, are you saying you came up with the name "piff"? When was this and what's the story behind it?

Is this you?
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...preserving-a-heritage?p=18047529#post18047529

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
His story dont add up.... dunno how you get piff from the pfft noise.....
How about this..... It came from me saying i wanted some Piff..... I combined Puff and sniff to be discrete...... haze and blow.... It was the first time I found a strain I knew...
Instead of arizona...schwag...dirt...mids ...exotic....kb...beasters... blah blah... Nobody around me studied weed or knew anything about strains... So i was hype as hell to find someone that had a strain I knew it was legit just because of the terps (haze)...... I made a first impression on the dominican for saying it like that and he started calling me the piff dude. Somehow we just started calling haze piff.... It was puday/haze...

I didnt even think about African Haze.... I figured someone found a crazy NigerianMango but... it makes sense.... Malawi showing up so close to a5 on phylos... and Nigerian silk being directly tied to pure colombian/panama/oldtimers...... Id love to get ahold of some African haze... All the malawi I've seen leaned more towards the catpiss than what I like... maybe the judges went for that vibe more than what I like which is strictly how potent the incense/pinene is..

asher1er

Veteran
His story dont add up.... dunno how you get piff from the pfft noise..... Dude doesnt know shit about weed, and making wild claims, not a humble bone in his body.
How about this..... It came from me saying i wanted some Piff..... I combined Puff and sniff to be discrete...... haze and blow.... It was the first time I found a strain I knew...
Instead of arizona...schwag...dirt...mids ...exotic....kb...beasters... blah blah... Nobody around me studied weed or knew anything about strains... So i was hype as hell to find someone that had a strain I knew it was legit just because of the terps (haze)...... I made a first impression on the dominican for saying it like that and he started calling me the piff dude. Somehow we just started calling haze piff.... It was puday/haze...

interesting story... when did that happen?

The event was definitely a good one, already looking forward to the next! :tiphat: :joint:

Bronsonfarms took first with his selection of African Haze #11 from Jj's gear. Top Dawg Seeds :joint: :tiphat:

goingrey

His story dont add up.... dunno how you get piff from the pfft noise.....

I see, like a primo. Never got into that but to each their own.

Yeah who knows about these stories from over 20 years ago, he might be misremembering. I can barely remember anything from that long ago, in fact ask me something about last week and I'll probably get some detail wrong. But I love his 2003 CD cover with the Piff Incredible Hulk pastiche.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Its hard to remember I could be wrong, but I know i was saying it before 2003 and datpiff.com and hearing it in Dipset songs... maybe 2001
I just recently remembered how the Dominican laughed at me about it.... I was at a lan party and he brought my friend the stuff.... and the 2nd time he came up he asked if it was for the piff dude... and he kinda joked with me about the piff thing... but i started hearing the piff thing thrown around so much its hard to remember I always came up with lingo that got copied... I do remember being like... wtf when datpiff.com came out though.

I heard someone say they were saying it in the late 90s.... So....if it was being said in 99 or whatever that was before I was smoking and im wrong but.... It just stands out in my memory how dude remembered me for saying piff and calling me piffguy the 2nd time he brought shit to the lanparty. I was like... 13-14 and this dude was no joke so him remembering me was cool to me.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PiffCon was an absolute blast. I watched the IG video of the event this morning and got goosebumps and felt a sincere longing and "missed" being there. I can't wait for the next event of this nature. The exposure to such a broad range of truly rare isolations from within the broader haze gene pool was quite the unique opportunity.

Chemcomp was good for sure. I had a great time.

PiffCon was done in a different fashion - and that seemed to have worked better over all. It really was nothing short of epic. I imagine these events are going to get increasingly better and more refined and dialed in with time.

I had a truly excellent time. I think everyone did. I haven't heard a single bad word uttered yet from a single attendee. That's rare. And it's not like there weren't some things that got over-looked - LIKE WATER...hahahahaha. :joint:

dank.Frank

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I tried some brown haze from Branson215 that was so aromatically haze.

The redline tasted like pure piff…

I was mostly interested in getting some real chem d and some grapefruit chem. Then I wanted to try some white truffle, onycd, gush mints, holy communion and some Cuban black gorilla

I got some videos on my instagram
36743DFD-D6AF-4CBA-8174-452FB7E044AF.jpeg
DF8704C1-D098-40FE-8881-814AA6D5D76F.jpeg
A975F0ED-7A0A-4144-AF27-F3408528E10C.jpeg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I tried some brown haze from Branson215 that was so aromatically haze.

The redline tasted like pure piff…

I was mostly interested in getting some real chem d and some grapefruit chem. Then I wanted to try some white truffle, onycd, gush mints, holy communion and some Cuban black gorilla

I got some videos on my instagram View attachment 18822914 View attachment 18822915 View attachment 18822916
I'll take old cookie strains over piff all day too, lol. I wish I would have gone now just to smoke folks out on OG's.... how did you like the D? I got the Grapefruit clone that made the grapefruit chem and she really pleases many old heads and does great finishing outside on in time.