What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

PlasmaTube

When big herb described the old piffs from nyc that ones that dont seem to be around no more to nevil himself...nevil said he was describing hazeC.....personally I think what had gone over to nyc are a few hybrids that were probably mostly hazeC and some combinations with hazeA and hazeC in....the original first generation hazeC hybrids were just as good as hazeA...actually they were probably beter as the scent and taste was probably stronger and more diverse and the high of a probably slightly higher quality....hazeC or its hybrids would double up better than hazeA doubling too...

the new york cats say you gotta smoke Piff ina Dutch,
or it aint the real deal
The big dutchie too, not the slim jawns.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
When big herb described the old piffs from nyc that ones that dont seem to be around no more to nevil himself...nevil said he was describing hazeC.....personally I think what had gone over to nyc are a few hybrids that were probably mostly hazeC and some combinations with hazeA and hazeC in....the original first generation hazeC hybrids were just as good as hazeA...actually they were probably beter as the scent and taste was probably stronger and more diverse and the high of a probably slightly higher quality....hazeC or its hybrids would double up better than hazeA doubling too...
🤢🤮🤡

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cuban Black Haze = piff

Terpene analysis of A5 vs C5 shows A5 posses the proper terpenes. C5 does not.

sammy-a5-analisis-terpenos-jpg.12936063

c5-haze-analisis-de-terpenos-jpg.12998999

A5 holds the mycerene and ocimene. C5 holds the terpinolene.

Untitled-2.jpg

Genomic data ties Cuban Black Haze to A5, not C5.

🤷‍♂️

dank.Frank

JohnnyChicago

I don't think this comes form the Haze side of the equation but PERHAPS comes from the NL side of the equation. It is possible, what Seattle Greg outcrossed his "purest indica" thought was Thai was actually African in origin.

I know that I'm probably the only one making such a statement, but - I'm seeing patterns and some genomic data that leads me to making such a claim.

Cuban Black Haze = piff

View attachment 18790239

🤷‍♂️

dank.Frank

If piff does come from the NL side.
How can you be so sure Jack Herer or NLHzC have no piff??

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I said it appears there are ties to African genes. I do not think the African genes are in the Haze equation, but perhaps in the NL side of the equation. That NL5, what is said to be "Hawaiian Sativa" - perhaps has it's origins based in African genes.

That would mean - C5 genomics should show the same African tie in, because of the NL5.

Sorry if that was unclear.

dank.Frank

CannaT

Premium user
Anybody have pictures of Piff buds and plants.
And does anybody have picture of propper grown A5 haze ? With plants and buds.

I saw big haze selection by the cocotreez
He grow many hazes silver haze nl5haze mango....
All of his A5 phenos look dead on my Jack pheno.
Anyway I smoked A5 in amsterdam it is the same as cutting of Jack i have.
Very very similar to each other.
Like they are the same cutting.

Attachments

• 202 Copy.jpg
    202 Copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 1208_191936.jpg
    1208_191936.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56

goingrey

Cuban Black Haze = piff

View attachment 18790239

🤷‍♂️

dank.Frank
This is all interesting data but we shouldn't jump too far into conclusions.

Yes, Phylos shows Piff and the A5 clone (instead of the C5 clone) being closely related. But there is no C5 clone sample in Phylos, so the lack of it showing up means nothing. Also, they are children of the same mother. And the fathers are of the same lineage and vintage and, while unlikely, could in theory even be brothers. Anything closely related to one is closely related to the other. As proven by the A5 sample's closest relative being Hash Plant Haze which doesn't even have NL5 as the mom and has HazeC as its dad.

Another thing to remember is that, while there are these famous A5/C5 clones, they are not the only NL5xHazeA and NL5xHazeC seeds that were made. And we are talking about F1 hybrids, not true breeding IBLs. Testing single specimens doesn't really prove "proper terpenes" couldn't show up in some plants grown from NL5xHazeC seeds, or would for sure exist in all plants grown from NL5xHazeA seeds. And even more so when we go into further generations. As already mentioned, the C5xKaliChina lab report posted by dubi shows no terpinolene, for example.

CannaT

Premium user

Yes, Phylos shows Piff and the A5 clone (instead of the C5 clone) being closely related. But there is no C5 clone sample in Phylos, so the lack of it showing up means nothing. Also, they are children of the same mother. And the fathers are of the same lineage and vintage and, while unlikely, could in theory even be brothers. Anything closely related to one is closely related to the other. As proven by the A5 sample's closest relative being Hash Plant Haze which doesn't even have NL5 as the mom and has HazeC as its dad.

Another thing to remember is that, while there are these famous A5/C5 clones, they are not the only NL5xHazeA and NL5xHazeC seeds that were made. And we are talking about F1 hybrids, not true breeding IBLs. Testing single specimens doesn't really prove "proper terpenes" couldn't show up in some plants grown from NL5xHazeC seeds, or would for sure exist in all plants grown from NL5xHazeA seeds. And even more so when we go into further generations. As already mentioned, the C5xKaliChina lab report posted by dubi shows no terpinolene, for example.
I like your and @Raco posts always in detail all whats is need to be said is said.
:)

mack 10

Veteran
Anybody have pictures of Piff buds and plants.
And does anybody have picture of propper grown A5 haze ? With plants and buds.

I saw big haze selection by the cocotreez
He grow many hazes silver haze nl5haze mango....
All of his A5 phenos look dead on my Jack pheno.
Anyway I smoked A5 in amsterdam it is the same as cutting of Jack i have.
Very very similar to each other.
Like they are the same cutting.
thereis a guy whos held the A 5 for long time,
hes even known as A5,.
one to 2 plants a light, 2gper wattplus..
massive yields if grown correct.
can take super high ec too.
used to be some of his pics on s a n n i es forum.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My point....is the C5 lines have been out there....

Let's take the theory KG found 1 in 2012. CannaT in 2022.

Okay 2 in a 10 year span over THOUSANDS of people sorting tens of thousands of seeds.

A5 gets released, and suddenly, there are these types of phenos showing up in small batch seed sorts all over.

I mean....do the math. It's not like these phenos were a dime a dozen over the last 30 plus years...1991-2021...

Now we have and entire event dedicated to the MANY various NEW expressions that are out there.

I don't care to be "right" as much as I think it's cool other people will get to try exactly what has been talked about for so many years and years and years - simply because a few breeders have put in the work to focus on those traits once the Cuban Black Haze and the A5 got into more hands.

Can C5 produce that profile - perhaps. Maybe it's 1 out of 100,000 plants.

But - [Cuban Black Haze x (A5 x Thai)] x A5(r) - produced such an expression in less than 6 seeds.

Cheers and good vibes. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

goingrey

PiffCoastFarms

Let’s try this again.

Here’s another old nyc haze cutting. This is the Audubon golden haze, passed around by @stoney917 hes said to have had the cutting since the 90s. It’s a wild one and true 120 dayer.

93EE9716-9827-445B-901A-B50E44A89726.jpeg
EF9F22AE-6D8E-455A-8C77-4E2534DFBA97.jpeg

I wanted to show this photo of black haze with more full structure because I ran it at 12/12 and the other photos were 11/13

30262F3C-A18C-41EE-9F96-228EED2FC684.jpeg

Here are some photos of Harlem dreams (Santa Cruz blue dream x Cuban black haze) nobody wants to “see the keepers” well here you go. And there’s is a lot more where it came from. I know it’s hard to keep up.

A7928637-CADC-4355-B093-8719D8EA2EEE.jpeg

E718AC04-8354-4B60-B436-13DDADCEC3F2.jpeg
664A0E1E-F78E-4904-870B-7C7320ED02F3.jpeg
72FEA12F-3D53-4EA3-9C67-6E525B2704A7.jpeg

B82F2A2C-99AF-4724-B01B-2853AB016D4A.jpeg

09383286-6DCB-4D97-95A0-9798646BCE82.jpeg

Lastly this is a cool thing, it seems most of the nyc haze cutting exhibit this variegation trait.

EF9AB851-0B66-47A2-81DF-C99A0E63FC09.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts