What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why should I discuss with people who use facts to confirm their opinion. Instead of using facts to question their opinion. I'm on a higher mental level than that.

✌️
What are terps of my cutting....you ask me.
Couldnt say better than Neville wrote about it....
"The fragrance is complex and deep, with a dry flowery perfume over a base of dark, leathery animal tones."

Cool. So not a piff expression. Thanks. :tiphat:

Not saying what you have is a bad plant or anything else. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

If something is a fact, it's not an opinion. It's a fundamental truth and anything outside of that becomes some what moot and irrelevant.

A piff type has at least 1% mycrene, and mycrene must be the dominant terpene. Most dominant secondary terpene is ocimene. Then you see various other terpenes in minor fractions that complete the nuances of the nose. Ideally, you end up with a greater than 3% minimum combined terpene content to really get the nose to POP...

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1670539942755.png

Old post from Overgrow.com...2003...almost twenty years ago:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raco --->

I'll go one step further and say I'm just about fully convinced the piff expression is SOMEHOW coming from African genetics. Malawi or Mauritius Island or Reunion Island sativa.

I don't think this comes form the Haze side of the equation but PERHAPS comes from the NL side of the equation. It is possible, what Seattle Greg outcrossed his "purest indica" thought was Thai (or Hawaiian) was actually African in origin.

I know that I'm probably the only one making such a statement, but - I'm seeing patterns and some genomic data that leads me to making such a claim.

I'd love for Todd McCormick to send in some of that original seed stock from Greg to be analyzed. We could learn something we didn't know before. Medical Genomics in MA is doing this sort of work.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

I'd be interested to learn where you heard that. The Nl5 x Hz A seed was never made for commercial sale, but that doesn't mean Nevil didn't make 5A seed in significant quantities when he had the Haze A plant. Nevil was known to personally meet, get high with, and sell large quantities of seed to well-financed customers at the Cannabis Castle, and I've speculated that it was one such customer who obtained some 5A seed and who had the resources and foresight to make some selections for cloning and large-scale indoor production, the end product of which was Uptown haze and some of its variants. Piff could still be a Nevil's Haze pheno, as the timeline for exactly when Piff showed up in NYC is fuzzy. I strongly concur that Haze A is what made piff special. Full disclosure and for the record, I never smoked piff and have only read about it; my weed connection at the time was through deadheads in western Mass so I was smoking chem variants in the 90s, not piff.

As an aside, @PiffCoastFarms I do appreciate the work you do, although I have my doubts that you can reproduce the best effects and frankincense lingering aromas in a 10-week plant. I'll try to get to Piffcon next year so you can prove me wrong. :)
Ther were loads of hybrids sold..eg 5c/sk, a5/skhzC, ect ect.....alsi concerning edd and jorge crevants there was loads of back and forth between nevil them and the usa.....soma I think got his 88g13hzC seeds from edd aswell

Reactions: X15

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Cool. So not a piff expression. Thanks. :tiphat:

Not saying what you have is a bad plant or anything else. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

If something is a fact, it's not an opinion. It's a fundamental truth and anything outside of that becomes some what moot and irrelevant.

A piff type has at least 1% mycrene, and mycrene must be the dominant terpene. Most dominant secondary terpene is ocimene. Then you see various other terpenes in minor fractions that complete the nuances of the nose. Ideally, you end up with a greater than 3% minimum combinedterpene content to really get the nose to POP...

dank.Frank
Man I dont care about your opinion at all I smoked Piff...and smoked my cut.
So I can compare them.
Why do you think that I need your approval for my cutting...after all who are you.
I see some big Ego and nothing more.

Or I need piff to be aproved from piff farms to be real piff?
😀

Are you maybe global judge what is piff and what is not piff?😄

You are just funny 🤡 like most people here with cheap lies try to sell some polenchuked genetics and take few dollarz and thats all.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...... exactly!
Well, when that Incense Haze was being talked about here on Icmag back a few years, Chimera was silent on Frankies being not related to piff. How I remember it anyways. Some dude came on the forum here and was saying that Frankies was piff and no doubt of it. He kept on and on about it.

Caused me and lot of people to buy that strain.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man I dont care about your opinion at all I smoked Piff...and smoked my cut.
So I can compare them.
Why do you think that I need your approval for my cutting...after all who are you.
I see some big Ego and nothing more.

Or I need piff to be aproved from piff farms to be real piff?
😀

Are you maybe global judge what is piff and what is not piff?😄

You are just funny 🤡 like most people here with cheap lies try to sell some polenchuked genetics and take few dollarz and thats all.

Have a good day.
I'm not selling anything.

Get you cut tested for a terpene analysis if you're sooooo certain. What "piff" did you smoke? Mighty funny you are just now saying that - even though what you described as your cuts terpene profile isn't an accurate description of what this thread is discussing.

You just big mad. I have provided proof of concept to something you don't seem to grasp or understand. If you don't care about my opinion, you are free to move along and go start a Jack thread...LOL.

Your attitude sucks. I've done nothing but share information and my own personal experiences. Sorry you feel the need to devalue that and slander someone. It's....sad...you choose to behave the way you do.

Enjoy your Jack. :joint:

dank.Frank

CannaT

Premium user
Screenshot_20221207-120220_Chrome.jpg

This man know what is piff from past.
And also said that Jack is like piff ?

He also have expirence,why is his opinion based on evidence also like yours not worthy,and you are right ?

Why my opionion based on my facts is not good ?
And I need to test my cutting that you see that is piff ?
So as you see you put yourself in center if you not aprove it,Its not piff.
Me Karma G and some xy piff smoker from NY all of us are wrong.
And you are wright.

You said ,not me before few posts.

"@Yo Sammy and @Karma G setting the A5 free for others to play with and experience - PROVES the "piff" type haze absolute comes from the Haze A equation. People looked for that particular type of expression in EVERYTHING - and it couldn't be found. Upon A5 getting circulated a bit and in the hands of some talented breeders - the "piff" expressions started surfacing and being rediscovered in NEW unique combinations.

Prior to the A5 getting set free - the only way you were going to get "piff" from a seed - was if the Cuban Black Haze was in some way involved.""

And Karma said = its like that old A5 haze sold in coffe shops before....not it resambles old A5.
Again you even read wrong. Just to make fake conclusion to your fake stories and lies.
Screenshot_20221209-111310_Chrome.jpg

"Regarding Jack holding "piff" terps because Karma G said a Jack pheno reminded him of A5 - that's not the same as saying Jack produced a "piff" phenotype." As you can see karma said "The taste is like old A5 haze...."
You read that "
Karma G said a Jack pheno reminded him of A5".
As I said you change facts to prove your story.

As you can see I was again right man, you think that you are some kind of sun.
You are in centre and everything goes around you.

In fact you are zero,and more you post the more funny you look.

Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
Why’s the piff always gotta turn into a dick measuring contest or a pissing match? :ROFLMAO:

I know piffCon does entry testing and piffcoast farms does not judge so it’s not biased… all you with jack that say it’s piff, just get your entries ready cause I believe it’s in March! :tiphat:

PlasmaTube

Why’s the piff always gotta turn into a dick measuring contest or a pissing match? :ROFLMAO:

I know piffCon does entry testing and piffcoast farms does not judge so it’s not biased… all you with jack that say it’s piff, just get your entries ready cause I believe it’s in March! :tiphat:
You think Piff is bad? Sour Diesel, Albany Sour, Weasels Cut, AJs, Chacos, Rez, 96 Sour..."Ready...FIGHT" haha

100% correct, if someone thinks their Jack is that real incense, floral, frankincense puday/piff then put it up for all to sample and enjoy.

Speaking of no ceiling trippy flower, what do y'all think of Vietnamese, Thai, Congolese, Malawi, and South Americans?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
View attachment 18789973

Prior to the A5 getting set free - the only way you were going to get "piff" from a seed - was if the Cuban Black Haze was in some way involved.""

I'd love to know where the 'Cuban Black Haze' originally came from as the first I ever heard about it was being offered for sale from Queijo(the crook)/hothouseflowers/Breeder's Choice around 2007.

Now Queijo the crook was famous for never sending seeds out and ripping other's genetics (OT1) and Tom Hill sent him a lot of his seed stock also.

The old, banned Breeder's Choice forum is archived in the Library forum, lots of good info on how 'dirty' the Haze legacy had become, even that far back. :shucks:

CannaT

Premium user
I'd love to know where the 'Cuban Black Haze' originally came from as the first I ever heard about it was being offered for sale from Queijo(the crook)/hothouseflowers/Breeder's Choice around 2007.

Now Queijo the crook was famous for never sending seeds out and ripping other's genetics (OT1) and Tom Hill sent him a lot of his seed stock also.

The old, banned Breeder's Choice forum is archived in the Library forum, lots of good info on how 'dirty' the Haze legacy had become, even that far back. :shucks:
I really dont know,If I knew I would answer.
Better ask Piff or Dank...
They are in possesion of this cut.

In phylos its related to A5..

But if all hazes comes from Sam just different selections...they are geneticaly all related.

asher1er

Veteran
You think Piff is bad? Sour Diesel, Albany Sour, Weasels Cut, AJs, Chacos, Rez, 96 Sour..."Ready...FIGHT" haha

100% correct, if someone thinks their Jack is that real incense, floral, frankincense puday/piff then put it up for all to sample and enjoy.

Speaking of no ceiling trippy flower, what do y'all think of Vietnamese, Thai, Congolese, Malawi, and South Americans?
oh i already know bro :ROFLMAO:

@CosmicGiggle i don't think anyone will be able to tell you where it "originally" came from. I can tell you its been growing down here since '89 and possibly sooner? Lots of stories of where and who it came from so idk.