What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
If that's all it was, then there would be more examples of it on the market over the last 25 odd years. People wouldn't have sorted everything under the sun looking for it.

Jack is terpinolene forward - like the C5 offspring tended to be. That's is why no one ever found anything similar.

With all the various cuts of NL5/Haze going around, someone would have found more examples of it.

If Neville never publicly listed A5 offspring for sale as has always been stated - just C5...

Then no. It's not JUST ... something you could go and buy enough seeds and find another example.

It's related to A5 - and that's why it couldn't be found.

Piff = Cuban Black Haze = FACTS. That is where it all started.

dank.Frank
Man you can talk this to noobs who didnt grow.
I have seen around 80 female phenos of Jack.
This year more than 20.
Look my keeper its more piff than any piff in NY...you dont know what real Jack is.

So not competent at all on this subject.
Thats also as piff coast is typing around no Jack terps
.....and Jack terps are piff to the max.

Just funny clowns you both.
:)

Have a nice day. 🤣🤣😘

P.s. my jack smells all A no turpuntine no lemon at all.

Have nothing to do with Nl5haze C i smoked it.
And this cutting is pure rubish...I was wonder myself why somebody keep it.

Karma also find Jack cut which smell and taste like a5 haze...me to.
So if it walk like duck....

Piff are just name for the seed bank,sensi seeds hazes Nl5haze and Jack herer...
When we talk about turpentine we talk about silver haze....and all famous amnesias cuttings come from that line.

Not mr nice trash SSH just Silver Haze by Sensi's./the seed bank.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neville's Haze is supposed to by A5 x HazeC.

It's the NL5 x HazeA itself that has been stated to not have been for sale, not it's offspring...
That wasn't offered until many years later, after the fact. The CBH has been around since early 90's to the best of my understanding. It pre-dates the "Neville's Haze" cross.

Man you can talk this to noobs who didnt grow.
I have seen around 80 female phenos of Jack.
This year more than 20.
Look my keeper its more piff than any piff in NY...you dont know what real Jack is.

So not competent at all on this subject.
Thats also as piff coast is typing around no Jack terps
.....and Jack terps are piff to the max.

Just funny clowns you both.
:)

Have a nice day. 🤣🤣😘

P.s. my jack smells all A no turpuntine no lemon at all.

Have nothing to do with Nl5haze C i smoked it.
And this cutting is pure rubish...I was wonder myself why somebody keep it.

Karma also find Jack cut which smell and taste like a5 haze...me to.
So if it walk like duck....

Piff are just name for the seed bank,sensi seeds hazes Nl5haze and Jack herer...
When we talk about turpentine we talk about silver haze....and all famous amnesias cuttings come from that line.

Not mr nice trash SSH just Silver Haze by Sensi's./the seed bank.
Post a terpene analysis of what you are claiming is your "piff" that is more "piff" than "piff" - unless you just want to chest thump and project ego.

Better yet - tell me, terpene wise, what a "piff" type haze smells like. It's very specific, so if you know what you are talking about, this will be a VERY easy thing for you to do.

For that matter, post a picture of your supposed plant. Anything at all to offer other than claims?

Honestly, you just sound upset that other people have experienced something you haven't.

@Karma G - You have bred with the Cuban Black Haze. What's your opinion on this matter vs the old Jack line you took to like F8?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really can't answer that question. Most of what we know about Coot's work comes 2nd hand via Gascan/Swami - and he's a shill and full of it - so I take that whole thing with a grain of salt.

Coot was legit. Gas ruined his legacy with ROLS and Swami Seeds.

dank.Frank

CannaT

Premium user
That wasn't offered until many years later, after the fact. The CBH has been around since early 90's to the best of my understanding. It pre-dates the "Neville's Haze" cross.

Post a terpene analysis of what you are claiming is your "piff" that is more "piff" than "piff" - unless you just want to chest thump and project ego.

Better yet - tell me, terpene wise, what a "piff" type haze smells like. It's very specific, so if you know what you are talking about, this will be a VERY easy thing for you to do.

For that matter, post a picture of your supposed plant. Anything at all to offer other than claims?

Honestly, you just sound upset that other people have experienced something you haven't.

@Karma G - You have bred with the Cuban Black Haze. What's your opinion on this matter vs the old Jack line you took to like F8?

dank.Frank
Yes piff is around in NY from the times It called New Amsterdam...its supossed to come from Roman Empire via Barbarians from India to west Roman empire than being kept in some basement for centuries under monsanto leds lights,and used only for masonic rituals...then it come to new amsterdam being grown in wall street which divide new amsterdam and colonist people with native people of part called today new york.
In fact i think it part of burning bush that talk to Mosis.
No one ever touched it.
It was breed out of 10 milion plants in commercial grow in ny basement run by dominicans via cuban lynx then it was discovered by old mighty piff coast farms and you....and it was strongest day wrecker.
Please dont share it around Us gov will ban weed if they know how it is strong it will be again classsifed like real dope.

With clowns I can only talk funny way...🤡🤡🤡🥳🥳🥳🤯🤯🤯✌️

CannaT

Premium user
Screenshot_20221207-080933_Chrome.jpg

So Karma in 2008 had found JH that taste like old A5 me in 2022 by stock buyed in 2021....conclussion there is no way you find Piff cuz its related to A5....and jack is C5 terpinole 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤯🤯🤯
My conclussion you are funniest clown here and the competition is strong.

Go talk funny stories and jokes to little kids.🤡🤡🤡
Funny boy you and your fake coast farms. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡

6_1802.jpg

goingrey

Jack only came out in the mid-90s so it doesn't match with the early-90's timeline. Along with Mother's Finest a possible source for later cuts though.

Verifiable (from old catalogues) commercially available early hazes:
  • Original Haze (Cultivator's Choice, 1985)
  • Haze x Northern Lights (The Seed Bank, 1988 - renamed to Northern Lights #5 x Haze in 1990)
  • M48 / Haze x South African (SSSC, 1988)
  • Haze x EP.SK#1.NL#5 (The Seed Bank, 1989 - renamed to Silver Pearl x Haze in 1990 and again to Silver Haze in 1991)
Possibly there are others like Haze 19 from Positronics but unable to verify release date.

CannaT

Premium user
U can still find good plants in sensis jack,but its not the same as the first jack.ur cut canna has a fair bit nl to it,it has that weed on a stick look,I know ull disagree tho,76
Why should I disagree with that.
Jack is ((NL5 )x (NL5xSk1)) x O. Haze.

If you cross 2 strains in this case NL5 bx x haze.
You cross them for desired traits breeder want.
If I want only O.Haze genes it will be stupid to grow Jack Herer seeds.
It is Harvested at day 98. And it could go 1-2 weeks more for 30% amber. At 12/12
Probably if its growed by noob grower it will flower forever.
I chopped it when there is few amber and mostly cloudy and few clear trichomes.

But its shure something that will any NY smoker called Piff.
Piff was not pure Haze it was NL x haze or Jack Herer.
And most respectable breeders/growers and smokers will tell you the same thing as I said. Its just old school Dutch Haze and thats all.

Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
Jack only came out in the mid-90s so it doesn't match with the early-90's timeline. Along with Mother's Finest a possible source for later cuts though.

Verifiable (from old catalogues) commercially available early hazes:
  • Original Haze (Cultivator's Choice, 1985)
  • Haze x Northern Lights (The Seed Bank, 1988 - renamed to Northern Lights #5 x Haze in 1990)
  • M48 / Haze x South African (SSSC, 1988)
  • Haze x EP.SK#1.NL#5 (The Seed Bank, 1989 - renamed to Silver Pearl x Haze in 1990 and again to Silver Haze in 1991)
Possibly there are others like Haze 19 from Positronics but unable to verify release date.
Hy g In Jack you can find NL x haze pheno thats why I said Jack or NL5 haze.
But its NL5xhaze for shure.
Nevilles haze,Nl5xhaze,Jack herer..are variation of Nl5 x haze and different seeds lines can give you very simillar phenos.
Flower power from seeds mango haze x Nevilles haze.
Find pheno very close to my pheno of Jack..by look only didnt smell it,or smoke it.
My pheno of Jack is very simillar to best Nevilles haze phenos....so specific pheno of NL x haze combo is called Piff

goingrey

Hy g In Jack you can find NL x haze pheno thats why I said Jack or NL5 haze.
But its NL5xhaze for shure.
Nevilles haze,Nl5xhaze,Jack herer..are variation of Nl5 x haze and different seeds lines can give you very simillar phenos.
Flower power from seeds mango haze x Nevilles haze.
Find pheno very close to my pheno of Jack..by look only didnt smell it,or smoke it.
My pheno of Jack is very simillar to best Nevilles haze phenos....so specific pheno of NL x haze combo is called Piff
Silver Haze also has NL5 in it so an NL5 x Haze pheno could pop up.

1670409112963.png

Mudballs2.0

old school 90's NJ/NYC smoker here...
Jack is ((NL5 )x (NL5xSk1)) x O. Haze.
i know a lot of peeps shit on NL5....i'm still gonna go looking in OJD's bloodline for that old NY bag smell.
idont care if its from NH or O.Haze keep posting them pics, memories, and anecdotals...we need them....could do without the fighting but hey that's life im not picking sides.

CannaT

Premium user
Im not for fight at all...I want truth and anybody who lie here for marketing reasons and seed sales better dont stay on my way.
Thats all.

CannaT

Premium user
I googled words piff and Jack Herer...
Screenshot_20221207-120220_Chrome.jpg

No its C5 turpentine...🤡🤣✌️
2008 Karma find A5 like pheno in Jack seeds.
Some XY person in 2013 find Piff pheno
2022 I found Piff/A5 pheno....

So we can shure conclude that Piff is something specific and it cant be found in today seeds. Cuz Jack is C5 turpentine....
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
#NotJackterps

Ok its enough with circus and 🤡.

Im out.
😘

Last edited:

Mudballs2.0

Ive grown enough plants to know that outliers happen. I know the Mendels Law ratios, could work out the alelle frequency ratios if i was in graduate school and had to. But i dont have to prove the pheno is still out on paper...i have to prove it with a plant.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
@PiffCoastFarms has the Piff in seed form. IDC who doesn't like that. Don't care who wants to argue about the true lineage of "PIff Terps". The FACTS are if you buy a pack of PiffCoast's seeds that are Haze. That's exactly what you're gonna get . Multiple keepers per pack. Plants that taste like straight PIff and finish in 10 weeks. Those are facts.

PiffCoastFarms

Pretty cool info I don’t have much experience with jack besides since maybe 2010 was the first time I grew it and by that time all of the hazes coming from Dutch stock were completely terpinoline dominant. Once terpinoline is bred into a plant it’s very very hard to find something without it. When we think of jack here in the US we think of C5/ train wreck terps. If someone has an old school jack that’s more like the a5 I would love to see it entered in piffcon! We will be getting terpene and cannabinoid lab testing for every entry so no hiding here! The weird thing about karmas jack line is I have talked to him for years about piff style haze and never once has he brought up jack. You’d think if he had it all along he wouldn’t have wanted a clone of the cbh from me. He only ever brought up the A5 in those conversations. I’m thinking of going to spannabis this year to see what kind of haze is over on that side of the pond and I’m also excited for connoisseur OJD to come for piffcon and bring some of his varieties!

Btw, yes nevil made NL5 x Haze in 88, a small batch of both the A male and C male. But the a male was never reproduces it was only given to friends the c haze was commercially reproduced as nl5 haze. The story goes is that some Cuban growers from Florida went to the cannabis castle and got 100 seeds of nl5 x haze A from Ed rosenthal and that’s where the cbh was born. They also saved 2 more haze plants from that hunt but they didn’t last as long as the black. They called it black haze due to the customer base in New York who lost their minds over it and bought up every single lb available.

I have spent the better part of my life doing haze research and breeding, I don’t watch sports or follow any trends, just sit here and look up haze all day 🤣 but I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way. Thanks to everyone who supports the movement and I think this is only just the beginning in what I have to offer the community. So many more cool things coming! You heard it here first!!!

Much love everyone, even the haters ❤️