What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

phostrogen

bigpeter

I've just read through the link you provided, there are some similarities to my plant grown in verm/perlite mix.

pic of dying plant before it went to cannabis heaven

DSCN8166.JPG

Compare to second plant grown in coco

DSCN8276.JPG

DSCN8279.JPG

bigpeter

On 02/02 plant no2 went into a typical hempy setup with a 75% 25% perlite vermiculite mix, at the same time it was topped. Today I removed the upper fan leaves to let light into the developing side branches. I dont know if its my imagination but growth already seems to be speeding up. Being fed 2 grams of phostrogen, 1 ml of dutch pro take root, quarter teaspoon of real growers recharge per gallon tap water, and using dutch pro nitric acid ph down. Scrog Screen has been put into place.

DSCN8299.JPG

Drosera Capensisis doing a good job.

DSCN8294.JPG

Last edited:

bigpeter

Going like the clappers and looking very healthy. Put a piece of panda film in the pot to keep high humidity at the surface to encourage root growth at the top. I have the lamp at 18 inches and at 50%. I'll be slowly ramping it up to 100% over the next week or two.

DSCN8321.JPG

aliceklar

Drosera Capensisis doing a good job.

Nice to see carnivorous plants in the grow-room. that's pretty! 😍👹 If you have access to rainwater or RO water, they are easy to keep, and so much more pleasing and less waste than constantly replacing plastic flouro-yellow stickies. I use pingulica. Just as good as the stickies at showing me if there are any fungus gnats around.

(sorry if this is OT!)

bigpeter

I have some very large hanging spider plants in my living room and its like a f'ing hotel for the bastards. Although I keep the doors closed some manage to get into my bedroom where my grow is. The drossora do a reasonable job at keeping the gnat numbers down but not 100% so I've ordered some Sciarid Fly Nematodes. I water my drossora with rainwater

Not off topic at all .. plenty of others have fungus gnat problems and they might find this useful.

bigpeter

The plant is showing signs of leaf tip yellowing here and there, so I've lowered the feed from 2 grams to 1.5 grams. Ph is 5.8 going in, 6.2 coming out, nutrient ppm 560 going in 580 out, I'm happy with that. Within the next few days I'll be bending the branches to start filling the screen. :woohoo:

DSCN8390.JPG

bigpeter

Set to 12/12 yesterday, as plant starts to stretch I'll bend branches to fit screen. Been given a foliar feed of calcium nitrate for last two days before lights on as I noticed a few calcium deficiency spots. Seems to like it as looking very healthy.

DSCN8399.JPG

bigpeter

I decided to start bending and training the plant through the screen on the 23rd, I removed a lot of the bigger leaves and used cable ties to tie the stems down. Poor plant looked very untidy.
DSCN8401.JPG

This picture taken this morning shows the plant has recovered from its shock and is growing well.

DSCN8407.JPG

I've decided to up the feed back to 2 grams phostrogen, along with 2 ml of calmag with a pinch of epsom salts, plus a quarter teaspoon of real growers recharge per gallon tap water. Lamp is now at 100%

Bulletface

I decided to start bending and training the plant through the screen on the 23rd, I removed a lot of the bigger leaves and used cable ties to tie the stems down. Poor plant looked very untidy.

This picture taken this morning shows the plant has recovered from its shock and is growing well.

I've decided to up the feed back to 2 grams phostrogen, along with 2 ml of calmag with a pinch of epsom salts, plus a quarter teaspoon of real growers recharge per gallon tap water. Lamp is now at 100%

nicely done on leaf stripping more airflow good job:wave:

bigpeter

Day 19 flower. Minimal stretching. Still being fed 2 grams phostrogen, along with 2 ml of calmag with a pinch of Epsom salts, plus a quarter teaspoon of real growers recharge per gallon tap water. My tap water is very hard at 350 ppm, so the actual feed strength is quite weak.
DSCN8448.JPG

DSCN8450.JPG

DSCN8451.JPG

bigpeter

Day 33 flowering. Still on what seems to me a low strength feed, 2 grams phostrogen, about 2 grams real growers recharge, 2 ml calmag per gallon water, but it only gets half gallon per day with plenty of runoff, but then again, I've never tried hempy buckets before. PH is still stable at 5.8 going in and 6.2 out.

DSCN8482.JPG

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Always interesting to see BP.
Do you intend to lower the calmag a bit now? Many will in bloom, as calmag tends to have quite a lot on N in it, which troubles the K, often thought to swell and fill the flowers. The Ca can also interfere with most things. While nothing stands out as horrifically wrong, there are a few signs that may suggest the Ca is effecting the uptake of some of the small stuff.

Nice job

bigpeter

Thanks fe, I have stopped the calmag and the real growers recharge, I've also switched from nitric acid to phosphoric acid ph down.