What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

Fladi

by the way,

my 275W CMH (3100) + 750W other light

8x jack herer Flower day 20

Does anyone use the 4100 bulb, or any other Kelvin Phillips bulb?

i use the Osram powerball hci TT 250W 4200k for veg

Attachments

• 20200510_213306.jpg
    20200510_213306.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200510_213802.jpg
    20200510_213802.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finding bulb manufacturing in China isn't hard. Thast where most come from. 98% of everything is made in China lol.

I'm using the 3100 green.
Does anyone use the 4100 bulb, or any other Kelvin Phillips bulb?

I use both bulbs in ea fixture in flower.. Veg is all 4k. . All I use are Growers Choice lights/Bulbs.. All made in China.

HorseBadoritiz

i think philips is the only one.

do you think other Brands have a factory and can build it by themself?
they are only Resellers.
all bulps you can buy are from philips.
you Need many millions of Dollars for design and factory.
Do you have that on any kind of authority?

I have Philips and a few others, the Philips are different looking... or maybe it's the others that are different, lol!

IntotheGreen

Hello 315ers - in lieu of reading this entire thread for the 4th time, maybe someone has some insight readily available for my problem. Short form: am running two 315s and one is going off randomly.

Long form: Just got a new grow up and running about a month ago after being on hiatus for almost a year. Had to suspend my operation midway thru flowering last time for a move, and lended one of my 315 systems to a friend to finish off some of my plants. Don't know what happened but she fell off the face of the Earth and never responded to my messages after that - neither here nor there but the result was I lost one of my lamps, ballast, and transformer, so to start up again I bought a new transformer (same as before LiteFuze 1500), and began the grow like usual with just a single 315 over the seedlings while I waited for the parts to arrive for the second system (I know there are plenty of plug and play 315 systems now but I followed a HammerHead-style build on my first two a few years ago and wanted to build up another one of the same units). I had always used the 942 mogul bulbs in the past, but apparently they are discontinued now and couldn't find them anywhere online so I had to settle for the T12 bulb with a PGZ adapter to fit the reflector.

Well yesterday the adapter finally arrived and I fired up the second system, came on fine and the bulb looks even brighter than the mogul (which has a few thousand hours on it so probably to be expected), but a few hours later I noticed the new lamp was off. Unplugged the ballast power cord, plugged it back in and struck immediately, worked fine the rest of the day. This morning, I waited to see if it would fire off the timer, and at 6am timer kicked on and both lamps fired fine. Two hours later, tho, and lamp is off again. Again I unplugged, replugged the ballast and it fired right back up. Anyone have any thoughts on what the issue could be? I never had a single problem with my first two systems with the mogul bulbs, and I constructed the new one from exactly the same components save for the T12 bulb and adapter. I already downsized the reflector cord to under the 6 ft striking limit and nothing is running even warm to the touch. What gives?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
swap the bulb thats giving a hiccup with the other bulb... if it stays lit, then maybe its the ballast, if they both stay lit... i don;t know

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True, most electronics are made in china than a logo for there USA customers are added. Phillips is not a Canna friendly business. They have discontinued making stuff that was solely used by canna growers.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
True, most electronics are made in china than a logo for there USA customers are added. Phillips is not a Canna friendly business. They have discontinued making stuff that was solely used by canna growers.

That irks me! If you don't want to advertise to us, I can understand. Operation Green Merchant still effecting people decades later.

But when companies discontinue or change products because we were using them, that's bullshit.
Our money is no good? :moon:

IntotheGreen

swap the bulb thats giving a hiccup with the other bulb... if it stays lit, then maybe its the ballast, if they both stay lit... i don;t know

I did swap the new bulb and adapter to the other reflector and now they do both stay lit, lol. Maybe I just tightened it up better on the swap, weird tho.

G13Fan

That irks me! If you don't want to advertise to us, I can understand. Operation Green Merchant still effecting people decades later.

But when companies discontinue or change products because we were using them, that's bullshit.
Our money is no good? :moon:
The old order is falling ( since the exe order of
Dec 21, 2017 we took all their money ) The World changed that day and no one knows it . I expect big changes in all industries. Phillips is a evil empire company probably involved in much evil over the years. Evil beyond belief I am sure . They stick their asses out when they have to crush the resistance, they do not care about money ( did not care) Of course technology is being / has been suppressed by the big evil corps. Go watch Network scene with the big boss talking to him at the table.They want to limit the mind, limit the man, limit the knowledge in order to hide their underground world and overground of dark evil. That order is falling under the sword of the new order that is rising. I expect big changes in all industries soon. We already now have industrial hemp thank GOD Ok rant over... carry on.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The old order is falling ( since the exe order of
Dec 21, 2017 we took all their money ) The World changed that day and no one knows it . I expect big changes in all industries. Phillips is a evil empire company probably involved in much evil over the years. Evil beyond belief I am sure . They stick their asses out when they have to crush the resistance, they do not care about money ( did not care) Of course technology is being / has been suppressed by the big evil corps. Go watch Network scene with the big boss talking to him at the table.They want to limit the mind, limit the man, limit the knowledge in order to hide their underground world and overground of dark evil. That order is falling under the sword of the new order that is rising. I expect big changes in all industries soon. We already now have industrial hemp thank GOD Ok rant over... carry on.

Just a wild guess, but u must be q-anon

G13Fan

Just a wild guess, but u must be q-anon
Ha ha no not one of the Q anons. All info is from way before Q like many moons ago . I see the signs and see what the old heads said coming true . it's all led to Q though . Regardless Phillips shut down growers of MJ for a reason . Evil limiting egoic ideology and we continue to feed that beast. Back to bongs and doobs that's fine with me folks I said my little rant .

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I weighed up the last harvest from the 315 tent.
best gram per watt I've had yet!
blue dream got 140
Critical Mass got 136
one MalPan got 141
And one MalPan came in at 254!
For a grand total of 671 from 315 watts!
2.13 grams per watt! All from a 3x3
Phillips 3100k bulb, sunsystems hood, remote ballast by prism lighting Science