What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PGR testing

Chris_tester

Hi

So i have been testing some PGR and been looking a lot for spurr thread on different kind of PGR’s.

(My goal is to find a well PGR for dense/compact bud formation)

I have been testing : 1-Triacontanol and Chlormequat Chloride.

I have been through 3 grows and in every test my plants keeps forming “regular” buds. But upon increasing PPM i see that the plant tends to be shorter that usual.

Any high skilled PGR player out there, that could lead me in the right path for dense buds on my grow? 👍🏻

picture below might give an indication of what im interested in.

Attachments

• a2f96fc2-e89e-466d-bf7c-86585e783c6c.jpeg
    a2f96fc2-e89e-466d-bf7c-86585e783c6c.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 77

Kveldulf

Pgr's suck...don't smoke that shite.
Even worse if it's sold and the customers don't know.
I second this! Been poisoned twice from abnormally dense buds, strange taste. Even when pgr toxicity isn’t the issue mold can be when handled by unlearned people. One of the main triggers that got me growin for myself. Legalization has its darkside too. Bigger, better isn’t necessarily….

Ca++

Hi

So i have been testing some PGR and been looking a lot for spurr thread on different kind of PGR’s.

I have been through 3 grows and in every test my plants keeps forming “regular” buds. But upon increasing PPM i see that the plant tends to be shorter that usual.

Any high skilled PGR player out there, that could lead me in the right path for dense buds on my grow? 👍🏻

The picture you are sharing, is from an article showing you what to avoid.

I had some hormones come my way, before the internet could explain what I had. There was no good dose. The very first noticeable effect was less height, and already the weed was loosing some smell. The people making the brick weed were using 3ml, while I was using a tenth of that, before I accepted the reality, my weed just just suffering. Some years later, the source died of skin cancer. They had been divvying it up from a big bottle, in the back of an early hydro store.

As I look around today, the people with major breathing problems, are the people that were bricking it up the most. They all know years of general abuse is behind there near death lung issues. However, abuse of what? they are all the brick guys. A correlation I'm just this moment adding up. Though it's been suggested before, as people have been dropping. Starting with the source.
Where there is smoke, there is often fire.

Ca++

The insta kids think that dense appearance is a good thing. Turning their noses up at real flowers.

Australia sent a few products over here with them. It seems things can be on our shelves a while, before random testing finds faults. I think 'super bud' was one of the main ones. Paclobutymol or something. I don't keep up, as it's as interesting to me as knitting needle sizing.

cbotany

Hey man, kelp extract is a natural pgr, I don't have personal experience but many will give you flac for pgrs, some are not safe to consume, but i know pgr's are used in cell culturing to help plantlets, its all about timing and space, also bud, I have flowers that are brown, and wispy that i'd take over almost any "dense bud" bud density is good for indoor growing and i understand the place and reason for it. Most of the reason for pgr use is trying to get more profit from a smaller area. If that is your goal I'd recommend Fat Yeti from hoku seeds, sour disel from katsu, or any of the brothers grimms "testers" with heavy light intensity, and a dialed in feeding regiment, I hope i'm not giving to much information in the wrong direction.

Edited: Called a strain the wrong name.

Last edited:

Drop That Sound

If you eat a box of cheerios, you can pee in a jug and dilute it down with water to a 1:10 ratio. Feed that to your plants and they should get plenty of PGRs that will help keep them short and produce more bud.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mon dieu Chris,
I see your motivation is good and you're genuinely trying to gather information on PGRs, but with all due respect I'd like to encourage you to put your enthusiasm and ambition elsewhere into other aspects of growing. Try to excell in growing, don't take shortcuts my man.
Reminds me a bit about the fella who was genuinely asking about brix and where to get it so that he can "take his growing to the next level".
Please all let's not go there

All the best
CC

Terppalooza

Hi

just get a gelato and trhow it in a trim machine.

Terppalooza

that being said id like to see poeple share pics of weed they grew with pgrs :) i doubt people actually use pgs as much as they are talked about

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
that being said id like to see poeple share pics of weed they grew with pgrs :) i doubt people actually use pgs as much as they are talked about
In US pgr is almost standard there most of the times. Its sad...I rather have fluffy bud that will reek and have high and taste to die for. Than some rockhard no calyx shit that smell sweet and taste bland.
I dont get it nowdays what is about rockhard buds that look like chocolote covered strawberries.