What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Personal Perpetual \ Mixed hybrids

Sparkus_Maximus

Just getting back into the swing of things after a brief hiatus. A little 2x2 personal tent with 4 strains 12/12 from seed. Minimal investment, reusing (decapitated) cardboard 1/2- gal milk containers, before they eventually meet the recycling bin. 8 little ladies in all : 3- Orient Express from Ace, 2 KC 33's , a Single TNR girl in the center background Smells earthy, peppery and spicy just - fantastic. 2 of KC's Leda Uno ( center / right foreground), Had to bend their meristems laying 'em on their sides, as both stretched quite a bit in their pre-flower and resemble each each other in nearly every way. These 2 started throwing pistils just about 16-days ago, already smelling of spicy citrus incense. 2 squat \/ topped KC33's occupy the (bottom left) at around 22- days in. One smells like a fresh lemon sliced in half, but with a sweet candied note added in there. The other one is lighter green with wider blades and smells like cookie-dough with a note of spice similar to nutmeg, hinting of some distant and exotic lands, on the other side of the carpet ride ✨

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Back row L-R : Ace's Orient Express, TNR , another O.E. (indi pheno), all at at around 28 days. Bottom Row : KC 33 (left) Leda Uno, center + right, at about 3- weeks. Single pics are my 2- favorite ladies, The Sky-rocket O.E. pheno on the left, tallest one and the best resin-producer out of 3 O.E's, Chugging along nicely. I'm guessing she will probably yield decently in the end. A single TNR stands in the center, wearing her Thai- appearance gracefully despite being overwatered recently, drying out a bit now. Another 4- 5 wks to go or so for this Sativa, while the Indi-dom O.E.'s next to her will likely finish earlier, chunky colas and all.

Attachments

• 1678984884274.JPEG
    1678984884274.JPEG
    516.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1678998026426.JPEG
    1678998026426.JPEG
    498.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1678998119640.JPEG
    1678998119640.JPEG
    367.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Sup Nice selection, will follow the show (y)
:smoke:
Thanks ✌, Along with variety I've always liked strains that are a bit different in flavors and effects from the majority of mainstream ''mutts'' (mostly indica hybrids) and their contemporary hyperboles. I've been looking at Ace seeds and their interesting genetics, very curious to see how my first round of O.E. will finish n cure-out in the end. The KC's 33 / Leda Uno are coming along nicely, being a few weeks younger than some of the older O.E. ladies. A sole King-Tut by Pyramid seeds guards the emerald smiley-gates, it needs to dry n cure a bit soon to be ready for a taste-test, ushering-in a warm relaxing early Spring weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs as well 🌴.

Attachments

• 1678984745727.JPEG
    1678984745727.JPEG
    110.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks, Sparkus for sharing your garden. I was wondering do you know why the three plants have yellow leaves.

Sparkus_Maximus

Thanks, Sparkus for sharing your garden. I was wondering do you know why the three plants have yellow leaves.
I overwatered recently, and although I always adjust to 6.2=6.5, it looks like it could have been a close call with lock-out. Letting them all dry out fully before next light feeding. Using FFOF / Happy Frog 50/50 mix along with a standard FF liquid-regime which drops the Ph - Low, so I adjust within range before ever watering. The discoloration is likely due to overwatering, (and possibly over-fertilizing) here lately. Just letting them dry out, Ii may flush with plain h2o, and observe them, before switching back to feeding again, was planning on chopping some of the older ones around 4- twenty according to calendar, we will see how they do in the coming weeks ahead.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I overwatered recently, and although I always adjust to 6.2=6.5, it looks like it could have been a close call with lock-out. Letting them all dry out fully before next light feeding. Using FFOF / Happy Frog 50/50 mix along with a standard FF liquid-regime which drops the Ph - Low, so I adjust within range before ever watering. The discoloration is likely due to overwatering, (and possibly over-fertilizing) here lately. Just letting them dry out, Ii may flush with plain h2o, and observe them, before switching back to feeding again, was planning on chopping some of the older ones around 4- twenty according to calendar, we will see how they do in the coming weeks ahead.
Sounds like you are learning a lot from this grow and you have a handle on it. Thank you, friend.

Each garden can teach me something I didn't know before If I pay close attention.

Sparkus_Maximus

Sparkus do you have an EC or TDS pock

Sparkus do you have an EC or TDS pocket pen?
I've been meaning to get an EC pen fr some time, no time like the present as they say. Ph and EC are something I've only (partially) been doing, most times as long as I adjust ph @ each feeding, they mostly do all right for the most part. All grown under same conditions, with some Looking quite healthy & greened-up, while others not so much. Next round I'm going to look into alternate containers, which could provide more aeration @ root zone, and a few other tweaks and optimizations. This round, some of those roots flooded and nearly drowned, slowing things down considerably. Letting 'em dry out and watering the trays to encourage some ''capillary action'' from the roots hopefully. Once things really dry out I'll probably feed @ 1/2 at first, while some of the oldest should be getting ready to start their flushing process. Hoping for a sticky 4/20 indeed, with at least a couple of them ready for the chop ✨🌴⚡.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Get an EC meter and you will be glad for the rest of your life friend. The only difference between a grower that knows what they are doing and someone that doesn't is an EC or TDS meter. Having an EC meter and testing every liquid will give you more experience than probably any other horticulture tool. The cheap ones work very well and are worth the money too. I test every day and use my meter like crazy because using them in horticulture is very important.

St. Phatty

Get an EC meter and you will be glad for the rest of your life friend. The only difference between a grower that knows what they are doing and someone that doesn't is an EC or TDS meter. Having an EC meter and testing every liquid will give you more experience than probably any other horticulture tool. The cheap ones work very well and are worth the money too. I test every day and use my meter like crazy because using them in horticulture is very important.

Not sure if I will buy them from Amazon, but just for starters -

Sparkus_Maximus

Thanks CP, I'm going to read up on E.C. in general, right now the only thing I know about it is that it stands for ''electrical-conductivity'' (that is all - folks) 😉. I remember many years ago, I didn't even check ph, and (most of the time) I had no major issues - throughout. Then again, upon checking my tap -water recently I see it's quite alkaline @ around 9.5 and these values likely fluctuate throughout the year. I appreciate your sound advice friend 👍🌲

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts