Which crosses will be most fire?

• Permanent Cherries

• Scented Marker

• Zereal Bath

• Apples and Banana Gelato

• Sex on the Beach

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jonny Lan

What up y’all! It’s been a minute since I have made a grow log and want to share a new one with you all. I plan to complete this one, a lil chunk of change spent on these beans so I can’t let them die . Got some:

Seed Junky - Permanent Cherries ((Lemon Cherry x Kush mints bx) x Permanent Marker) and Scented Marker ( Pineapple Fruz x Permanent Marker)

Lit Farms - Sex on The Beach (LCG x Zoap), Zereal Bath (Zereal x Bubble Bath) and Apples and Banana’s Gelato

I already have the beans soaking now for 8 hours, I have just tried poking some down and most have sank except for 1 in 2/5 cups. Yes I will be doing the paper towel method and then into soilless seed starting mix.
The Apples and Bananas x Gelato 33 from lit farms is only 3 seeds that were gifted to me from my buddy. He let me get choice pick of 3 seeds so I picked the darkest ones with the most tiger stripes . Both Seed Junky packs had an extra seed (11 each) and 1 of the Lit Farms 6 pack had 7 seeds for a total of 38 beans going down this round. Hopefully I get them all to go but if not I have some fire mothers I can take clones from.
Oh btw I know the lit farms pack is called Milk Bath but because Bodhi already has one called Milk Bath I figured I’d rename this Zereal Bath as to have less confusion. It also makes it more clear what the genetics are.
IMG_2653.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What up y’all! It’s been a minute since I have made a grow log and want to share a new one with you all. I plan to complete this one, a lil chunk of change spent on these beans so I can’t let them die . Got some:

Seed Junky - Permanent Cherries ((Lemon Cherry x Kush mints bx) x Permanent Marker) and Scented Marker ( Pineapple Fruz x Permanent Marker)

Lit Farms - Sex on The Beach (LCG x Zoap), Zereal Bath (Zereal x Bubble Bath) and Apples and Banana’s Gelato

I already have the beans soaking now for 8 hours, I have just tried poking some down and most have sank except for 1 in 2/5 cups. Yes I will be doing the paper towel method and then into soilless seed starting mix.
The Apples and Bananas x Gelato 33 from lit farms is only 3 seeds that were gifted to me from my buddy. He let me get choice pick of 3 seeds so I picked the darkest ones with the most tiger stripes . Both Seed Junky packs had an extra seed (11 each) and 1 of the Lit Farms 6 pack had 7 seeds for a total of 38 beans going down this round. Hopefully I get them all to go but if not I have some fire mothers I can take clones from.
Oh btw I know the lit farms pack is called Milk Bath but because Bodhi already has one called Milk Bath I figured I’d rename this Zereal Bath as to have less confusion. It also makes it more clear what the genetics are. View attachment 18936857 View attachment 18936886 View attachment 18936887
Damn friend, thats a hard one to vote on because they are all very interesting to me. I'm going to ride with you for a while so keep us posted and thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Jonny Lan

Damn friend, thats a hard one to vote on because they are all very interesting to me. I'm going to ride with you for a while so keep us posted and thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Thanks for tuning in! It is tough but im hoping the scented marker comes out the most fire because it was the most expensive but we all know it doesn’t work like that lol. Just Blazin promised there would be some pineapple gassy phenos so I’m hoping to find one like that from that pack. Between the two lemon cherry gelato crosses I’m hoping to find a sweeter plant and a more potent than sweet plant. With the Zereal bath I’m hoping to find a pheno that shows well in pictures because lit farms is having a competition where the best looking picture wins you 20k!

All in all I’m excited to see how this all goes down and I really enjoy growing and smoking so I can’t lose, just hate trimming lol

Last edited:

Jonny Lan

At the 24 hour point I checked the seeds and seen most of them have split with some showing tap’s. I changed the water and let them soak a little longer then just placed them into paper towel. All but two of the 38 seeds have split at this point, we will see what happens. Usually I would let the two that didn’t split soak longer but I don’t feel like making the space for a set of two more cups (my space is packed to the brim!)
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2663.jpeg

Jonny Lan

Got 35/38 planted:

11/11 Permanent Cherries
11/11 Scented Marker
3/3 Apple Banana Gelato
5/6 Zereal Bath
5/7 Sex on the Beach

The ones that didn’t pop are getting soaked again with a light h2o2 solution, fingers crossed.

I accidentally broke a tap root on one of the Zereal Bath, one of the things that suck about paper towel method but there was a root hair above the break point which I’m hoping will be enough to sustain the seedling, I have had luck with that in the past.
IMG_2676.jpeg

jalapenos

Got 35/38 planted:

11/11 Permanent Cherries
11/11 Scented Marker
3/3 Apple Banana Gelato
5/6 Zereal Bath
5/7 Sex on the Beach

The ones that didn’t pop are getting soaked again with a light h2o2 solution, fingers crossed.

I accidentally broke a tap root on one of the Zereal Bath, one of the things that suck about paper towel method but there was a root hair above the break point which I’m hoping will be enough to sustain the seedling, I have had luck with that in the past.
View attachment 18938826
Cant wait to see whats going on👊

Jonny Lan

So I noticed the one Zereal Bath I mentioned in my previous post ( the one I broke the tap root on) was starting to break ground so I dug out around it to kind of help it out! Hoping it comes up and flourishes!

IMG_2696.jpeg

I have checked on the three remaining seeds that did not crack with the rest. The final Zereal Bath has cracked but it’s looking hella funky, I have placed it into paper towel and we will see what happens. The other two Sex on the beach ain’tdoing nothing yet so I changed their water and will check on them again later.

IMG_2703.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpeg

The rest of the already planted seedlings are coming along ok, need to dig through my garage and find one of the new clip fans I have stashed and get one on em ASAP!

IMG_2698.jpeg
IMG_2699.jpeg
IMG_2700.jpeg
IMG_2701.jpeg
IMG_2702.jpeg

I don’t know man… I feel like maybe the two Sex on the Beach seeds are giving problems because they are older seeds, from last year or the year before maybe? Not sure, I just got them a month or two ago on sale off the litfarm website so maybe someone with more knowledge on the drops can chime in. I have been growing seed junky beans for years and always get perfect germination with his beans, maybe its luck?

I don’t give up on beans ever since the homie Thunder Fudge showed me about changing the water every 24 hours until they pop so I do that now. I had beans pop after 3 weeks once by doing this!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Jonny Lan

Weigh your pots before watering to make sure you don't keep the soil too wet. I write the dry weight and the wet weight on the containers to keep from over-watering or under-watering. Also make sure you have a gentle breeze blowing on the leaves to help the plants transpire the excess moisture.
Great idea! But yeah, not having a fan on them right away was probably the culprit. Regardless, it’s amazing to see how sturdy these plants are that as long as you love them just enough, (not too much :p) they will find a way to thrive!
I scrapped the stem with a razor blade and applied some aloe to the wounds before burying them deeper and watering in slightly with Bio Rhizotonic. They seem to be doing better now!

IMG_2775.jpeg

Jonny Lan

3 days later and they seem to be doing just fine now! Gotta love this plant man, never lets me down! :)
image.jpg

Jonny Lan

It’s almost been three weeks since I started the seeds. I have transplanted them to 5” pots, I will keep them in these for two to three weeks before moving them to their final 3 gallon pots. 34 of the 35 seeds that cracked have made it to this point so I can decide on which clones to throw in with this run now. I have some phenos of strains I have ran before that I didn’t get to run yet so probably will run those. Ideally I want to run 36 plants but if I have to I will do 42.

While transplanting I discovered some of the plants had some interesting stem rub odours! Zereal Bath no.1 smelt like a childhood bubble bath, a unique smell I have never smelt from cannabis before!
Scented Marker 11 smelt like pineapple lifesaver candy!

D5E83F87-6C82-4104-BE90-AAF89DABCB21.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2841.jpeg