What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People owing you money

sneezydog

30 to 50 is fine to never have the person darken my day again.
over a hundred i start to remember....
trades are far worse emotionally, like they didnt appreciate your work or trade side.
Not just selfish.
I forgot someone in a round robin marble trade and the feeling has never left me... no matter what i do for new people. that is what these people carry energetically for taking your energy if they ever get deep enough to feel it.

Stizo

Veteran
Neither a borrower or a lender be
For loan oft loses both friend and itself
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Three Berries

I did dental handpiece repair for a while. Use to go around to the local dentist in in my area and solicit their repair work. Out of about 50 customers I had three stiff me. Not much you can do unless you take them to small claims court. Better Business Bureau isn't much good. Probably harassment on social media would work the best.

shithawk420

Veteran
Heh,when I was kid family member went to get a few pounds.well it turns out the Mexicans MADE HIM take a hundred pounds.how the fuck are we just gonna flip a hundred pounds? That's why I don't wanna fuck with the mafia.they tell you what to do.and if you owe them money? No fucking bueno.scary shit.

shithawk420

Veteran
Damn.thats a whole nother level of fucked up.anyone want to guess what he was on? My money is on PCP

jenniferdehner

when i "loan" a friend money, it is money i do not expect to get back. if i help push their car out of a ditch on a snowy night, i don't expect them to come shovel my driveway. i help friends because they are friends, and I don't give out anything which i cannot afford to blow off. helping is MY reward to myself, for trying to be a good person. i don't always succeed, but i sure do try.

I fully support your point of view. I also go by the principle that I give as much money as I can afford.

buzzmobile

Veteran
hmmmm...how do you get banned for your very first post? verily, tis a mindfuck...😕

Maybe Jennifer used her real name and regretted that decision. More than likely it's all your fault by soliciting her support for your position.

ashamed.jpg

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
when i "loan" a friend money, it is money i do not expect to get back. if i help push their car out of a ditch on a snowy night, i don't expect them to come shovel my driveway. i help friends because they are friends, and I don't give out anything which i cannot afford to blow off. helping is MY reward to myself, for trying to be a good person. i don't always succeed, but i sure do try.

Yes,,,freely given or lent to help a brother or sister out of a hole and knowing you may not get it back or it’s gonna take them forever sits fine with me,,,
I think we get it back with good karma,,,,
Deliberate piss taking that’s a calculated malicious play resulting in “ food being taken off our table” is a whole different story and something we’ve never been confronted with thus far and hope we never do,,,
It’s nice to be nice ,,,,s2

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

have a life-long friend possibly facing years in jail. i've lost count of the dollar amount i'm "loaning" him, knowing what lies ahead. adopted his dogs too, since he had to sell his home to pay a good lawyer. (court appt attorney tried to get him to plead guilty & serve 17 years. he's 63...) having to drive him to doctor visits, grocery stores etc. missing hunting and fishing trips due to it all. but...he's my friend. at my (and his) age, they are hard to come by, so i try to be a good one. i have had a couple that bowed up & died on me while we were temporarily on the outs, those hurt. i'm trying to make the most of what time i have left ...as should we all.✌🙂🖖

Petrochemical

Yes,,,feebly given or lent to help a brother or sister out of a hole and knowing you may not get it back or it’s gonna take them forever sits fine with me,,,
I think we get it back with good karma,,,,
Deliberate piss taking that’s a calculated malicious play resulting in “ food being taken off our table” is a whole different story and something we’ve never been confronted with thus far and hope we never do,,,

This is why I look up to u

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have a few boxes I put people in. If you have good fortune, some people think they're entitled to some of it just because they know you, and if you're down, you're a leper.

I gave 5k to a buddy I knew was being devastated by divorce/job circumstance. He never asked or even hinted for it, and I never reminded him of it. 2 years later he dropped 6k in my lap. I gave him back 1k. I didn't give it to him to make a profit.

I wouldn't give ten cents to my younger brother if he needed it to get out of jail. Dude constantly plays on people's good nature, and will stab you in the back when your down. Fuck him.

VenerableHippie

I have a few boxes I put people in. If you have good fortune, some people think they're entitled to some of it just because they know you, and if you're down, you're a leper.

I gave 5k to a buddy I knew was being devastated by divorce/job circumstance. He never asked or even hinted for it, and I never reminded him of it. 2 years later he dropped 6k in my lap. I gave him back 1k. I didn't give it to him to make a profit.

I wouldn't give ten cents to my younger brother if he needed it to get out of jail. Dude constantly plays on people's good nature, and will stab you in the back when your down. Fuck him.

Y'know in this country there's an ethic of not borrowing from friends. We're on an age pension altho we (edit: don't) have the obvious lucrative sideline.

We paid off an account for a couple who were struggling. She's sick and he's an air head but a genuine guy. We'd known them since they were kids.

Anyway we paid off this account and I kept it quiet because due to above ethic they would feel shame. But they found out thru my Wife who doesn't understand worldly things. They got mad as fuck but kept a lid on it and eventually accepted our help.

Somewhat ironically soon afterward their son's wife won $10 million in a lottery and wouldn't give them a penny!

So there ya go. Different strokes for different folks!

(I 've always thought money comes and money goes. No stress. Funny thing is for us, money seems to just keep on coming.)

Last edited: