What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Nowadays i'm actually counting on the knock off, passed out long ago the paranoia, waiting for the blessed oblivion... :biggrin:

Passed out drunk is fine for me, but too stoned freaks me out.

I remember when I made peanut 🥜 butter fudge with canna butter.

I was supposed to use ½ an ounce of leaf 🍃 to make the canna butter.

I used ½ an ounce of good buds and an ounce of leaf.

I only needed to eat about half a sugar cube size to get stoned.

Then I got drunk and decided to eat three pieces of fudge, each about the size of 9 sugar cubes.
It was really yummy 😋.

Then I completely freaked out and had to turn off the radio,TV and my phone and sit in a chair.
I kept telling myself "this will pass, I've been too stoned before,.."

Then I gave all my fudge to my neighbor.
I didn't want to deal with it.

PCBuds

I don't like how edibles take an hour to kick in and it takes 6 hours to wear off.

I use a vape pipe and I feel it in 5-10 minutes.
And it wears off in less than 3 hours.

It's way easier to dose when you inhale it.

PCBuds

IMG_20220623_181501.jpg

IMG_20220623_181647.jpg

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
Passed out drunk is fine for me, but too stoned freaks me out.
To me it's the other way around, 'cause I can sober up in an instant from deep stoned but it'll take me forever to shake the alcohol off the system. Plus there is no shortcut to avoid hangover...
We have around here something called Lactic Calcium, a liquid sold in small vials, no prescription required for that. Cheap.
For a mild to regular stone I swallow one vial (just the liquid :biggrin: ), if I'm deeply stoned I take two and it's waking me up in seconds, like a slap. Not sure about people with allergies, that's for regular humans. :LOL:
Apparently it works for other people as well, in two occasions I've treated some of my nephiew's friends for "pot overdose" when tey had too much edibles. Some got panic attacks, the panic washed away along with the high in seconds.
Keep in mind that not all people react the same and mind that allergy thing, although I think the name indicates the source of the calcium.. I'm not a medical pro, just a stoner with a few empiric tricks in it's sleeve, but it works for me.
All I know is that I ca'n't do that with alcohol, that's why I prefer pot. And I drink responsibly... ish... :laughing:

PCBuds

We have around here something called Lactic Calcium, a liquid sold in small vials, no prescription required for that. Cheap.

Huh ??
I've never heard of that.
I think that you can use CBD as an antidote too ?

I found this stuff,..
I wonder if it's the same thing??
It's in pill form though.

Screenshot_20220624-102036_DuckDuckGo.jpg

PCBuds

It's tooooo much you're talking about something that sounds like it comes from your moms tits as a cure for the scares

Lol

I don't have to worry about it when I use my vape pipe.
I smoke half a bowl and feel it out for 10 minutes then finish the bowl if I want to be more stoned.

I'm done with edibles. Lol

PCBuds

So I chopped my plant 🪴 today,..

IMG_20220625_090602.jpg

I stepped on my bathroom scale with and without my plant, and it weighs about 6.4 pounds.
Then I hung it outside of the closet to inspect it and remove the fan leaves,..

IMG_20220625_090133.jpg

Then I found this,..
Shit !!!

IMG_20220625_095457.jpg
IMG_20220625_095618.jpg
IMG_20220625_095226.jpg
IMG_20220625_095212.jpg
IMG_20220625_100428.jpg

I had no idea that she was full of mold.
I cut off and threw out about ¼ of the plant.

I'm not going to grow in the summer again. It's too hot and humid.
I'll let my closet sit empty until fall.

I may grow another window plant after this one is done.
I don't really care about the window plant. It's just an ornament to liven up the kitchen. Lol

Last edited:

PCBuds

Sorry about the bud rot, that's the problem with big buds. Sure you still have plenty of smoke to last you.

Yeah, I've still got 90% of my last plant left.
I harvested that kinda early and I'm really liking the buzz.

I've still got quite a bit of this plant left too, but it's a bit deceiving right now.
I'll see what it looks like in a day or two. It shrinks up pretty fast in the first day or so.

IMG_20220625_115244.jpg
IMG_20220625_115345.jpg

I'd probably have to install a leaf blower in my closet if I wanted to get airflow through those thick dense buds. Lol

The mold was almost entirely at the top of the plant. The bottom branches and buds had no mold.

Tying down the top of the main cola didn't help.
It folded over on itself and that's where the worst and biggest spot of mold was. That spot was about 4 inches across.

Last edited:

PCBuds

Nice haul and successful grow PCBuds, too bad about the sneaky mold, life is unfair. :tiphat:

It is pretty sneaky stuff.

I had no idea it was all fuzzy inside.
The plant was kinda hard to inspect in the closet, and I was being lazy too.
I wonder how things would have been different if I found it sooner?
I would have just cut out the same buds that I removed today. It's not like I could have harvested it 3 weeks ago or whenever.

I wonder how it would be if I went another week or two?

I harvested my last plant on April 3rd and I had no mold.
It was a smaller plant but it was just as thick and dense.

Luckily, I don't really care about the mold. I've got tons of weed and I get to learn more about my arch enemy, mold. Lol

I doubt that I've got a pound now, but that's OK.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
At least you're honest, but don't be so hard on yourself, there's always room to learn and grow from experience.

.......... and you prolly did have 1 lb or more, you just couldn't use all of it.

I'm also thinking that if you used to be an HID guy, you'd expect the warmer tops to be mold free, maybe? :shucks:

PCBuds

At least you're honest, but don't be so hard on yourself, there's always room to learn and grow from experience.

No, I'm just being straight.
I used WAY too much LITFA with this plant. Lol

But I wonder how I would have dealt with the mold if I found it earlier?
Would I just remove the fuzzy parts, then spray it with peroxide or something? Or would that kill my plant too?

What I can do is install the white fan on the ceiling above the ceiling strips to get more airflow up top?

But then the wind is blowing down against the natural airflow from bottom to top of the closet.

Or I could just LITFA and not grow in the summer?
That might fix everything?
And that's a fix that suits my laziness. Lol

.......... and you prolly did have 1 lb or more, you just couldn't use all of it.

Of all the problems that I've had and created for myself, they have all been fixable, except for that damn mold.

I'm also thinking that if you used to be an HID guy, you'd expect the warmer tops to be mold free, maybe? :shucks:

No, I never did the HID thing.
I hate them with a passion. Lol

I went from 4 foot flouro's, (mounted vertically in my closet. It's the only way I could jam it in the closet. Lol) to CFL's, to LED SIL's, to LED strips.

I skipped the whole HID thing, and I'm glad I missed it. Lol

goingrey

Condolences for the mold. Happens to the best of us.

If I see botrytis I take the whole plant down. It's a losing battle if it's "in there". Best to cut your losses at that point.

Airflow is important but equally important is to keep the plant healthy. Scorching tops, overfertilization, overwatering are mistakes what I have done and got moldy buds. At least the first is something you experienced in this grow too..

Summer can be difficult indoors without AC. I try to choose strains that I think will handle the conditions better. But shutting down for the summer is a valid option too, especially with the window and outdoor plants picking up the slack.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah buddy, seeing that mold is bad in such a nice harvest. Honestly, I would have at most made hash or edibles out of any plant that been in a ventilated place with moldy buds. Before mold is that visible, most of the time it's already present in the other buds at microscopic level. And not good on the lungs. If you got any real magnification to look at the buds, look for long strands less thick than the trichome legs, or short but very thin filaments coming out of the buds, that look nothing like a trichome.

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro.......Air exchange twice per minute in any grow area will NEVER allow mold , powdery mildew , or ANY airborn nasties to proliferate , and along with proper air exchange NEVER allow lights on and lights off temps to varie any more than 10 degrees F......Molds and mildews form STRICTLY from the grow area cooling off during lights out and allowing condensation to form on the buds cuz whether you now it or not , they eat moisture and CO2 during lights on , and during lights off they shit out / transpire ALL the excess moisture /water vapor AND CO2 they didn`t metabolize during lights on......and that`s why......

Lights off humidity and CO2 levels spike.....period....and thus when condensation forms and causes mold due to inferior air exchange in the grow area......anyways.....sorry for the bulshit you`re goin through PC.....The only wayta to really prevent this from ever happenin again is by as I said controlling air exchange and not letting on and off temps vary more than 10 degrees F......anyways.....hope that helps and......

Peace......DHF.......

Last edited:

PCBuds

OK, I think that I know what I'm going to do.

I can install the white fan above the ceiling strips blowing out of the closet.

IMG_20220625_170608.jpg
IMG_20220625_170747.jpg

It won't be a circulation fan anymore. It'll be an exhaust fan, but maybe that will work better ??

I do have another small fan for more circulation,..

IMG_20220625_171003.jpg

The good thing is that I can postpone all my modifications for almost 3 months.
That suits my laziness. Lol

PCBuds

...Before mold is that visible, most of the time it's already present in the other buds at microscopic level. And not good on the lungs. If you got any real magnification to look at the buds, look for long strands less thick than the trichome legs, or short but very thin filaments coming out of the buds, that look nothing like a trichome.

If I remove all the fuzz that I can see, am I relatively safe ??
I've got high magnification reading glasses to use.
The spores themselves should be OK to smoke right??

I'm not worried about mold growing in my jarred weed.

I've had mold a few times before and I just picked it off and jarred the rest.
It was fine as far as I could tell.
No visible mold or smell of it.

Can I re-inspect the buds in 10 days when she's dry?

And mold should dry up and die or propagate right.
Just look for fuzz with my glasses right?

Last edited: