What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Papua New Guinea

Azure

I started four Ace Panama x PNG.
The Panama mother was a chunky green resinous pheno and the PNG father was a vigorous beauty.
Should be fun.
P x PNG.jpg

jwm

Veteran
Is Panama x PGN, bangi haze? If so I grew them a few months back. Big yielder. I chopped a week or so earlier than I should have but the smoke still turned out well.
Good luck. I’ll be watching.

Azure

Is Panama x PGN, bangi haze? If so I grew them a few months back. Big yielder. I chopped a week or so earlier than I should have but the smoke still turned out well.
Good luck. I’ll be watching.

PNG stands for Papua New Guinea which is a long flowering tropical sativa named after the island it comes from.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Azure :dance013:great thread for an exciting cross! Should be fun indeed :D probably wild too, get ready!

Azure

3 week update.
I used some Happy Frog soil that I had laying around for about a year and not sure if it went bad and became hot because during the start of the second week I noticed nutrient burn on the four plants. Two plants were burning more than the other two.
So I checked the EC run off and it read 4.5. I flushed them and then decided to repot into the Dubi sativa soil mix that I had prepared for the female clones. (Hopefully I get a female!)
I shook the soil lose from the 2 plants that were burning more severely.
Now all plants are getting healthy looking new growth.
In the group picture you can see the two that did not like the old soil! I never had any problems with Happy Frog.
Could the soil have gone bad (hot) over time?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f2.jpg

Azure

Two Female and Two Male Panama x PNG
Ladies first:

pxpng.jpg

PxPNG2.jpg

The Males were taken out of flower room.
This first male has a really strong and pleasant musky aroma and his strong aroma was there from week one.
He is the most vigorous of the group and stinking up the room.

Male1.jpg

Number 2 male is more compact and shorter. Reminds me of his Panama mother.
male.jpg

Cactus Squatter

I had the PNG and had a male pollinate Ace's Panama and also Malawi x PCK.
Here is my completed Malawi/PCK x PNG grow log if you want to take a look: https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/358673-malawi-x-pck-x-papua-new-guinea

Looks like that was a killer grow! Always cool to end up with some oddball rare seeds and have awesome results with them like that. Your crosses with the PNG sound tasty.

I’ve got 5 seeds left from a trip to St Lucia in 05. The only seeds I brought back from that trip came from a bag of the most amazingly visually trippy smoke I’ve ever had. Everything else on the island I didn’t bother saving seeds from. I’m hoping these 5 pop for me and I can play around with them a bit.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola @Azure :)Glad to see you are also going to give a try to your PNG x Panama cross outdoors.
Panama tamed influence was pretty evident during the growth, but in early flowering now i can see more influence from the other side, the PNG.
How are the indoor girls doing in flowering 5 weeks later ?

Azure

Hola @Azure :)Glad to see you are also going to give a try to your PNG x Panama cross outdoors.
Panama tamed influence was pretty evident during the growth, but in early flowering now i can see more influence from the other side, the PNG.
How are the indoor girls doing in flowering 5 weeks later ?
The buds are gaining weight and the trichomes are covering the calyxes. One female has a classic Panama Godess smell while the other has a marigold flower / light fruity smell.
Looking forward to getting clones outside!
I have been collecting seeds from both plants where I used a Panama x PNG male that had a strong musky aroma.

IMG_6888.JPG

Clones
IMG_6892.JPG

Seed Collecting in progress
IMG_6891.JPG