What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - Smoke Report Thread

early_bird

Veteran
Panama x Malawi (may subject for further updates...
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dubi: Panama and Malawi are usually strong, deep and long lasting sativas.
For daytime smoke i prefer Congo, Tikal, Orient Express regular, Honduras and Ethiopian. Their effect are cleaner and more uplifting than Malawi or Panama. Hope it helps!

So after a bit of a cure it's one of my favourite smokes at the moment, for me it's my ideal daytime variety because it doesn't muddle the head, it's active, happy, creative and more than anything else is a really clear, clean high with no heavy eyes/tired comedown afterwards, maybe not as potent as the Malawi x Panama or as electric as the Panama x Bangi Haze, but definitely something really very special indeed. Smells & flavours are light and refreshing and kinda what i'd call typically sativa, a bit haze-like, fresh citrus, carrot, parsnip, wood and the aftertaste is particularly delicious, like having washed your mouth out with fresh fruit juice.

The initial smoke test is very unique from some other sativa in the stable. It's strong, I found it to stimulate lots of thoughts, brain buzzing. Becoming distracted often was easy, haha. Just watching others try her, it was almost looking like they were stoned/dumbfounded... but having sampled it's really like just lots of mental traffic. It settled into being surrounded by a happy aura as the buzz settled down. Eventually very relaxing.

I don't know if some of you regular posters / creepers here remember, but I was in the hunt for a very specific giggly, happy, stimulating sativa last fall. This is that bud to a tee. We are so happy with this plant. I ordered some extra beans of this so that no matter what, the genetics will be around. One o f our prized mothers for sure, we do not wildly share this bud, in house only! Very nice effect, good terp, trimming is a dream because of the crazy bud to leaf ratio. Yields really well, and hash trim yield is nice. She just is a vigorous grower, so training was needed. I know people are more attracted to her more potent sister, but the effect and terps on this girl rock. And don't get me wrong, she's strong!!

I grew Panama x Malawi last year and feshly cured I thought it was a little weak.
But now 12 months later with a bit of aging it has many fine facets to the high and is very energised and trippy.
In a word a very nice trippy plant and worth growing again. Some just need time to bring out the high and this is one that gets better with age.

Nice work on that cob. It's not a devastating potency like golden tiger, or I suspect pure Malawi. But we found it to be potent and a very nice canabanoid profile/effect. Thats what stands out to me, the quality of effect. Enjoy guys!

https://www.icmag.com/threads/panama-x-malawi-limited-edition.337349/post-11144041
Little update harvested 2 of the fast finishers all redhair the last one is much wilder still pumping white pistils but the trichs are starting to become lot more cloudy went 94 days from flip smoke is already very incense on smell and earthy lemon hash on inhale nice mellow daze in effect

#1 tastes the best out of all of them, but it's really hard to describe why, or what the flavor is. The smell is also quite unique. Kind of like a sweet citrus with a backing of pine and floral tones, like standing in the middle of a meadow sipping a lemonade that's got some extra fruity flavor you can't quite put your finger on. The others have that heavy citrus tone, but not so much the sweet floral hints.
#3 has a more heady high than the rest, where #2 is more energetic.
Hard to really say much more than that so far, because I kind of keep getting high and forgetting which one I just smoked :p

smoking now and I am super bummed I don't have more. It's just happy smoke. Normally with some ACE sativas there's that rollercoaster at the start (which is fine!), but this one is kind. She takes you to happy brain gently and quickly. Yeah not super potent but such a good smoke. I find the next morning I feel so clear...this is really top quality.

Gotta chime in here and say what a special strain this is. I don't know what it is but it's become a bit of finding a holy grail strain. This strain seems to work on an astral level! Mental healer and spirit cleanser. I've been going through lots of strains of late and this is definitely one of the best smokes I've come across. I have a huge jar of this and Zamaldelica (which is also my favourite). Huzzah!
...next post...
I knew it would be a solid strain but for me it's next level but, alas, I didn't keep her. She did amazing - biggest yeilder for me and incredible smoke; like bowing down to her majestic influence on your brain. haha. Oh and the terps! woah!
...next post...
I had a couple of days of the toke and went back to the P/M and doubled my in take. Woah. Umm..haha. It went next level. Took me way out of my comfort zone but also didn't allow the fear to kick in. More like, you got this dude, let's goooooooooo! She certainly packs a punch. Thing I have noticed are the effects the following day/days. A new clarity and lightness of being. Really positive strain.

I had a couple of days of the toke and went back to the P/M and doubled my in take. Woah. Umm..haha. It went next level. Took me way out of my comfort zone but also didn't allow the fear to kick in. More like, you got this dude, let's goooooooooo! She certainly packs a punch. Thing I have noticed are the effects the following day/days. A new clarity and lightness of being. Really positive strain. Yeah, I hope these are around for a bit!

Dubi:
I also think is one of the best sativa hybrids we have ever released, it has it all, easy to grow, vigor, yield, resin production, versatility, excellent terpenes with great incensey expressions, potency, quality, complexity and duration of the effect .... and a moderate flowering time for a sativa of this kind. Probably Malawi/Panama is stronger but i also enjoy a lot the brighter qualities of the effect of this Panama/Malawi hybrid.

smoking this atm after a 4 month cure. it's my favourite. omg. so good. astral car wash!

Dubi:
In my opinion Panama x Malawi is also one of my favorites among our trippiest and strongest sativa hybrids

Wow! I'm fairly sure Panama x Malawi is the best strain I've ever smoked. Such a kind high! And amazing bud structure and yield.

It's a holy grail strain for me and one I did not keep! arrggh! Such an incredible ride. I have shared it around and had messages right after from folk going on about how good it is. My first mega regret to keep lady.

The smoke from the first toke some days after chop was great.
And was my best smoke for years - without any curing -, till Zamaldelica started shining after one and a half months of curing.
After a month into the jars PxM is totally a different animal :bow: and the only one which can send me :skiiing: after only one hit...

Anyway the high is quite strong and the effects were long, smoked in the morning I could feel it all day. Could not study or concentrate that good on this strain as it lets the mind travel, but for enjoying your free time or activities it is nice!
Smell and taste is incredible, sweet organic lemon flavour with incense, abit hazy, hard to describe but really special.

Panamal Report
This strain has been my daily driver since it was harvested about three months ago. I've been vaping it in either a Vapcap or a Sticky Brick Hydro rig and getting through about 1g a day and absolutely love this unique, cheery strain.
Panama x Malawi (Panamal) is a gentle sativa without any raciness or paranoia which tastes/smells a bit like raisins, strawberries, morning leaves rotting in the autumn and encourages daydreaming and positive thoughts while being physically relaxing and calming. The high lasts a long time, is extremely satisfying, has a high ceiling and is slow to build up a tolerance. A single vapcap was able to get me very happily buzzed until recently when I blew my tolerance. It's helped a lot with depression and anxiety through these winter months and has impressed everyone who has tried it.
I'd describe the high as relatively clear though there is a dreamyness to everything that can make responding to questions take a little longer. It doesn't make you stupid and I probably wouldn't describe it as motivating. It's easy to sit down and get very comfortable but your brain is quite able to do complex tasks. It's also a great strain to carry on smoking without any unpleasant effects - just getting more high and red eyed but never anxious.
Compared to the Panama x Bangi that I also grew, the PanaMal was a stronger, cloudier high with more random thoughts as opposed to Pangi's clear but dreamy high. Both have been great strains but the Panamal just tops it for me.

Malawi x Panama, Panama x Malawi and Panama x Bangi Haze are all pure sativa F1s of the highest order, every single seed coming from these super sativas will always produce great results, but remarkable/outstanding plants can also be easily found even when working with small populations.

Depression, anxiety, stress all completely dissolved over the last few months and it feels like more than a correlation. It's been so good that for the first time in my 20 years of growing I'm running the same strain two years running.

I'd highly recommend this strain for those who like sativas but are sensitive to anxiety. All phenos that I ran were very pleasant experiences and not uncomfortable for me at all - just a nice little push on your way and a reason to put a smile on your face. They provided generous pain relief for minor aches and an appreciable twist to the routine of the day.
General smoke report of the better pheno from last year but very similar to the new phenos : I find it starts with a wave of physical relaxation spreading out from my shoulders. My aches and pains become distant and easily ignored, then I start to appreciate all the good things in my life. This is some really good life affirming weed! My head is clear and my mind starts to wander, often exploring pretty abstract issues and logically, clearly planning projects to get to in the future. At this point I almost always take a step back and say something along the lines of "this is REALLY good weed" before pasting a smile on my face and getting down to doing something. Very high, quite stoned.
Relaxing, calm, painkilling, meditative, great for music appreciation - both listening to and playing, up, a mood brightener, anti-depressant. And also GREAT sex weed! Smells are floral/rose/red wine/raisins (3/5), lemon (1/5), sweet bubblegum developing into something else (1/5)

I'm ranking this one in my top 5 Ace strains. Very energetic, positive and good power. I had tried freezer drying this one and thought I had ruined it. But after a good month of jar curing the aromas came back to some extent and she smokes real sweet. The wife hates it but I think it's fantastic.

You get really happy after smoking and a bit hyped with a relaxed and focusing finish, but not stressed or any anxiety, really pleasant high.

Panalawi is more uplifting and a bit crazier, quite strong head effects now. After 3 months cure it is one of the strongest I had so far.
Seems to be more on the Malawi Side. Also the bud when smoked seems to be higher quality than Haze.
But it doesnt have that healing / medicinal benefits of N.Haze x Panama. It soothes me more and gives me relaxed good feeling.
It is more introspective but in a good way. It changes my mood more drastic and lets me disconnect from a bad day for example.
Panalawi is more of a mood booster, N.Haze x Panama is more a mood changer!

But this has been my favorite smoke lately. A little heavy and spacey effect but still functional.
...few post later...
I must say, I think Panlawi might just be my favorite Ace strain so far. Really dig the incense and wood character and energetic high.

I've since grown pure Malawi and PCK x Malawi and while they were both great, they didn't match this cross in my experience. Something subtle about the effect that really works for me and made it fun and functional.
Agree that this should be part of the permanent collection. People need to grow this one and fall in love with the high and make it better known. Plus it's huge yield and east trim - best strain i've grown possibly ever.

With a seven month cure this is some of the most psychoactive weed I've ever smoked. It's all incense and wood in both aroma and flavors. Very little lemon or citrus here, unlike the sister strain. Just a touch of sweetness in the smoke and a whole lot of spice. Buds are still quite sticky. It's been my favorite smoke since I took the first plant down in late spring. I smoked it all summer and pretty much every day since, and a couple of tokes absolutely wrecks me still. I will definitely run this one again, but this is the pheno I would be trying to replicate for sure. M x P is nice, but this is The One.

The quality of this high is off the charts for me and the potency is very good too. I can smoke this all day it’s so nice. it’s very cerebral but without any anxiety whatsoever. It’s not a motivational or energetic smoke, it’s not especially warm or social, and it’s not trippy but it helps your mood and is very conducive for creativity and just fixes your brain. The high is so pleasant. It goes incredibly well with hiking and people watching and nature and the daytime and music and thinking. it has a nice potency too and the high lasts a long time if you let it. Smoking more gets you higher, which is always a good sign. There is a comedown, especially if you smoke a lot. I will say it required time before the high coalesced; testers and even buds early during the curing had a weak seeming buzz, even more than most plants but it just needed some time.

a very powerful cut of Panama from a friend here at IC. This girls effects are not so much sledge hammer, more like a slippery slide that makes you go faster and faster!! Lemon sweetness, and an effect my wife loves. Malawi x panama smokes more potent, but the quality of the effect of panlawi is superior and easier to enjoy without over consuming. It also doesnt crush people who arnt regular smokers. The panama and malawi x panama can be intimidating for non regular smokers. My wife smokes more than I do and is ALWAYS happy to crack open a jar of panlawi, even though it isnt our most "potent" thing here.

I have grown Panlawi several times till now and I love the lemon cream smell and mainly the high... This one is not exception.

I really enjoy the smoke of this strain, strong, long lasting, who bring me into a mental peace easily. But in my taste’ it lacks of psychedelic/trippy effects that I enjoy so much. Hope I could find it in the Super Malawi Haze I allready started.

Last edited:

early_bird

Veteran
Panama x Malawi - Growing Tips
------------------------------
With this hybrid, usually 4-5 weeks of good growth from seed is enough to solve this issues.

keep the feeding strong, high in N too, at least until 2/3 parts of flowering.

You can harvest her now or leave her a few days more, up to your taste. It's important to harvest in a peak of strong terpenes and before terpenes start to fade after peak of ripening.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts