What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

LHC

Great looking bud and resins @LHC sorry for not catch up earlier, hope the stretching was manageable and that you are not encoutering problems during flowering stage. Would love to see pics of the whole SCROG to appreciate better how the colas are shaping on your plant.

How is finishing yours @Tranquilidade ? Great golf ball shaped colas with distinctive long Panama pistis one month ago.....
Hi @dubi
Thank´s for commenting. Stretch was not bad at all. Stopped after 3 weeks. I have struggled a little with yellowing of older leaves, and I haven´t really figured out the cause. I use Biobizz, and suspect maybe over fertilizing or low cal/mag. Flowers don´t seem affected. Now they are at day 52 and I hope to keep the plant going until harvest. Main colas are in the corners.

Last edited:

Stoneroller

Pangi (left) two weeks into flowering in a 20 gallon pot. ThaiChi on the right. The stretch is slowing down and colas starting to form.
IMG_20230323_143310.jpg

Ras Kali Rasta

My first couple Pangi's out in the dirt. I really love the Panama Goddess type pheno of Ace Panama. Can't wait to try these. They smell divine. Unfortunately, the yield won't be great, as I stupidly topped them very late. Oh well. I'll plant a few more to grow 12/12 from seed through winter.
20230331_112900.jpg
20230331_112949.jpg

Ras Kali Rasta

Hi Folks,
This has been my first year growing in the dirt. The soil is very poor and the roots have had a hard time penetrating the dense (but low CEC) clay. I think I'll need to plant some dynamic accumulators and do a proper soil test before next season, in order to improve my results.
It's been a struggle to keep the nutrients up (especially N) and the plants have dropped a lot of fan leaves. I was top dressing with extra blood/feather meal blend, but that wasn't doing the job. I started fertilising with biocanna at 40ml/ 10L. This was still not keeping up. I switched to a stronger, fish based liquid - still not doing it! Today I fed with biocanna again, but with a tablespoon of urea dissolved into the mix/10L.

I'm wondering how long these have to go and when I should just give up and just let them fade?

20230403_131105~2.jpg
20230403_131128~2.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friends, it's not easy to keep Panama x Bangi Haze perfectly green during flowering, especially when grown in pots or in poor soils. Panama Goddess and some of her outcrosses like this one really like high levels of NPK-ec during flowering and to have the ph perfectly adjusted.

Ras Kali Rasta clay usually has not the ph that cannabis likes, so probably you are adding enough nutrients, but not in the correct ph range. Anyway, your plant and flowers look green, healthy and well developed. A bit of yellowing towards end of flowering is normal and even desirable so the plant flushes its stored nutrients before being harvested. Yellowing in early flowering is a problem and will affect final yield, sometimes is difficult to correct once it starts. I really like to keep my cannabis plants green and strongly feeded until 2/3 parts of flowering, then i start feeding lesser-start flushing. I like to harvest with most of the fan leaves yellow.

LHC looks to me like ph could be a bit out of range. Did you check it out ? How is the ec ?

Under 11/13, she says I'm done. Lemon peel incensy/hazy aromas. Very very hazy. Pollinated one branch with my sativa dominant Auto.

hehehehe Panama x Bangi Haze is indeed super hazy ;) it's one of our strains that consistently produces best lemony incensey terpene profiles and really strong, trippy long lasting effects. Yellowing in your case was due to small pot and soil depleted of nutrients by the end of flowering.

All the best with yours Stoneroller :D Please keep us updated!

Last edited:

LHC

LHC looks to me like ph could be a bit out of range. Did you check it out ? How is the ec ?
Thank´s for helping out @dubi. I use Biobizz Allmix and Biobizz nutes. PH of nutes and water mixed is 6.6-6.7. Runoff is 6.3. I don´t have EC meter. Water is soft so I add a little cal/mag from biobizz.

The plant will reach harvest. For me beeing not so experienced, that is fine. If I like the outcome, I grow it again, and then I have I some more knowledge.

Last edited:

Ras Kali Rasta

Thanks @dubi for your advice, I'll let them fade. There was definitely premature yellowing. It was happening in veg, too. Yield will be small as a consequence, but you're right. They are otherwise healthy. Smelling really good, too. Should be some great smoke.

I've given up on the soil for this season. Falling back to the familiar organic soilless in pots. The plants in pots that have basically grown 12/12 from seed are taller and branchier than those planted in soil last October! I'll throw 2 or 3 more Pangi seeds into pots for comparison.

Stoneroller

I am too losing fan leaves on my Pangi (left) a bit faster than i would like to at 4 weeks in flower. I am quite certain it has to do something with lockouts caused by high pH (i fucked up my topdress by adding too much eggshells). Maybe i am running out of food also. ThaiChi (right) does not seem to mind so much the high pH, and looks to be quite happy with the amount of nutrients also. Probably better to grow something else than Panama crosses in the soil for a while. But i wonder how Thai x Panama would do in there... 😆 Also considering maybe doubling the soil volume at some point from 20 gallons to create even larger buffer for available nutrients.

IMG_20230406_125858.jpg

goingrey

I am too losing fan leaves on my Pangi (left) a bit faster than i would like to at 4 weeks in flower. I am quite certain it has to do something with lockouts caused by high pH (i fucked up my topdress by adding too much eggshells). Maybe i am running out of food also. ThaiChi (right) does not seem to mind so much the high pH, and looks to be quite happy with the amount of nutrients also. Probably better to grow something else than Panama crosses in the soil for a while. But i wonder how Thai x Panama would do in there... 😆 Also considering maybe doubling the soil volume at some point from 20 gallons to create even larger buffer for available nutrients.

View attachment 18827799
Looks like a nitrogen deficiency to me so the latter (running out of food) but maybe that's ok halfway through flowering.

Stoneroller

Looks like a nitrogen deficiency to me so the latter (running out of food) but maybe that's ok halfway through flowering.
Yeah, you are probably right. It started with magnesium deficiency due the lockout, but it does seem that now some nitrogen deficiency has also crept in. Again I will have to supplement with biobizz liquids in midflower. 😆 No prob since i have them left, but my goal is not to buy them anymore. Well atleast they don't go to waste, but I guess going BIG on soil volume is the way forward...

goingrey

Yeah, you are probably right. It started with magnesium deficiency due the lockout, but it does seem that now some nitrogen deficiency has also crept in. Again I will have to supplement with biobizz liquids in midflower. 😆 No prob since i have them left, but my goal is not to buy them anymore. Well atleast they don't go to waste, but I guess going BIG on soil volume is the way forward...
You don't necessarily have to go big. Slow release fertilizer also works. I've used an organic tomato one. It's like bloodmeal bonemeal and some other stuff. And I remember some guy here was big on rabbit manure. Not that I'm against the bottles but there's an appeal and benefits to the just add water approach for sure.

LHC

View attachment 18827799
Looks more or less like mine did at 4 weeks. I also concluded with Mg and N def, but when I added a bit more of Biobizz Grow, I got burned tips. Very interested to see how your plant develops. I am not so clever at this yet.

Stoneroller

I am very early on my journey on living soil too. Still learning, and what is better way to learn than to make mistakes? 😁

20 gallons is generally regarded as minimum soil volume in water only style. Of course with skill one can make smaller volume also work. But the general consensus is that the bigger the volume, the easier it is and less inputs are needed during the growth. Microbiology is what makes the organic nutrients available to the plants and the little guys can only work so hard, so more surface area to these reactions to happen = more available nutrients.

LHC

Mine is going down now. Cutting it down i steps 72d, 75d, 77d and the rest goes for 12 weeks. It is now at 75d and to me it looks 90% ripe.

MrHamilton

Veteran
420giveaway
I am very early on my journey on living soil too. Still learning, and what is better way to learn than to make mistakes? 😁

20 gallons is generally regarded as minimum soil volume in water only style. Of course with skill one can make smaller volume also work. But the general consensus is that the bigger the volume, the easier it is and less inputs are needed during the growth. Microbiology is what makes the organic nutrients available to the plants and the little guys can only work so hard, so more surface area to these reactions to happen = more available nutrients.
Living soil is very flexible and forgiving, but I have definitely discovered that growing under leds is going to take a couple cycles to figure out how to correctly build my soil. I have already decided it needs more magnesium and a longer release nitrogen for the long flowering sativa plants. You are right about surface area IMO, I add activated carbon pellets to my soil mix for the surface area it provides to the microbes.