What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama & Panama x Malawi, 200w led

Jimi Caliente

Hi all,

I want to start a journal to show you my little grow. All is in the tittle, the varieties are Panama fem (x2) and Panama x Malawi (x2). The soil is Biobizz lightmix, the lightning is 200w led dimmable. The grow box is 2.6 feet x 2.6 feet (80cm x 80cm). Pots are one gallon.
Seeds sprout the 16th of January so the plant have a little less than 3 weeks.

This is the first time i go with Ace and for the moment all is fine, seeds germ perfectly and PxM show great vigor.

Temp is a little cool (18-20°C the day and 16°C the night), H=70%.

Have a nice day.

panama #1:
p1.JPG

panama #2:
p2.JPG

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Jimi Caliente :wave: Thank you so much for dedicating your current grow to Panama and Panama x Malawi and for sharing your progress with us. Sorry for my delay in the reply, i'm having trouble to follow and respond on time all the threads in this room 😅

Looks like a good start :yes: How are plants doing one month later after your last update ?

Jimi Caliente

Thank you for coming in dubi :)
Plants are not so happy here, I overwatered them two times and temperatures are very cold (15°C to 19°C)... But I take clones of the four, so I could do better later.
Actually they are in 5 gallons containers and after two weeks of 12/12 flowering is starting for PxM (not the panama). I put them under a net to contain the stretch: it works fine. Plagron bat mix is a little too hot for PxM, but nothing too bad (one or two "claws" on PM2, a few tips burn for PM1).
I'll post pics later, when they will be in full bloom.

Last edited:

Jimi Caliente

Looks like a good start :yes:

It's the "lazy gardener germination technique": I put the seed in a one gallon pot with 40cl of plain water and then under neons for a couple of weeks (neon maintain a warm temperature for germination). There's nothing to do for at least three weeks... I can't go wrong with this technique.

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Nothing lazy about that, seed are supposed to sprout from soil. I've never done it any other way. Those paper techniques are nonsense to me.

Anyway, I think you have magnesium deficiencies. Are you adding CalMag to your plant? If not, I urge you to do so. Weekly CalMag under LED is kinda mandatory. Just don't mix it with Phosphorus as high concentration or P and Ca mixed together may cause deposits and residues.

Nevertheless, nice looking plants :)

Jimi Caliente

Thanks for the tips dubi but my water pH buffer at 8. I can decrease it with pH down but it raise again at 8 within three days. The ec is quite high for tap water (and it's not hard water).
I count on the peat in my soil to buffer the pH to 6.5.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Our tap water here on the coast also sucks, plenty of salts and ph 8 too, so even more reasons to correct it. If you constantly water with ph 8 your soil will be sooner than later out of ph too, hence plants showing health problems. To make sure ph and ec are in the correct range is a must if you want to get the best from your plants.

Jimi Caliente

Update past mid flowering (~55 days of flowering today): the plants are not happy at all, I got too much things to learn, watering correctly for instance. I correct the pH, as I feed them every watering (biobizz nutes correct the pH afaik).
What can I say about these plants? P2 is a slow veger, not such vigor like the other three. She eats less and I overfeed her a little (burning tips).
The three others are real sativa hashplant given the quantity of resins on the leaves. Only PM1 (Malawi leaning) is not hashplant looking, less resin on the leave (less leaves too) with a more open structure. She cannot hold herself and bent down past 50 days of flowering and smell a mix of carrots and sweet odor like pink bubblegum.
The others three (two Panama fem and a Panama x Malawi) are more terpi, a mix of hash and citrus 😄.

edit: I forgot one important thing. They smell beautifully and they are stealthy despite my old carbon filter. It's a quality I appreciate greatly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts