What's new

Palisade Pot Plot Controversy

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/palisade-residents-protest-approval-for-outdoor-m

So basicaly they are already ripping out peach trees. This seems like progress, but it seems like someone wants to use the land in a questionable manner. I could see how the board approved the zoning in the name of commerce. Its just that its not looking good when they don't even care about the proximity to schools.

I'm for growing weed wherever in pretty much all cases, just not when it seems like the money is doing most the talking. I'm sure if this goes well, eventually there will be flower that is regarded on the level of Bordeaux grand crus. Its just Colorado is the example for the change our culture is going through, and we should think long term effects IMHO. What do think?

X

xavier7995

It indicative of the nature of the business. It's not like the laws are currently set up to allow the little guys to set up a shop and try to compete. Big Marijuana (hahaha, what a wierd world we live in) seems to be pushing the regular farmers out. Government is going to go with wherever the money is, guessing a 30% tax is way better than whatever they were getting off the peaches.

It indicative of the nature of the business. It's not like the laws are currently set up to allow the little guys to set up a shop and try to compete. Big Marijuana (hahaha, what a wierd world we live in) seems to be pushing the regular farmers out. Government is going to go with wherever the money is, guessing a 30% tax is way better than whatever they were getting off the peaches.

Excuse me but the saying is 'money over bitches' right? Well, I can tell you have never had a palisade peach sir. Money over those amazing peaches is crazy.

Really though Palisade is a dessert, fed by the colorado river (Federal controlled). Most of the land is held by one guy who gets federal money to NOT work the land.

X

xavier7995

I am pretty jaded, so i guess you could say that. I really do value good produce, just my view of how the world works is not on the friendly side. Holding out for the little guyn

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Palisade peaches are divine. :yes:
Crazy, I hadn’t heard about all this (the orchard part of the 'controversy') til now. There were once *huge* peach & apricot orchards all up in the Redlands too.

Lefthand

smoke that weed, eat that peach and sit back and enjoy the "million dollar breeze"..

Find a way to coexist, most farm areas grow multiple crops.
They already have vineyards, alongside the peaches ect..